GO!

Mommy says I'm a ragdoll, is she right?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Catsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Catster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Caroline

Caroline - Top Feline &- Sweetest Beauty

Purred: Fri Dec 5, '08 3:19pm PST 
thinking I think I am, but what do you think? shrug

Edited by author Fri Dec 5, '08 3:22pm PST

[notify]

Atrus

Fluff butt

Purred: Sat Dec 6, '08 7:41pm PST 
Technically, no. Without a pedigree there is no proof your cat's appearance is due to any Ragdoll ancestry or if it's simply due to the diverse gene pool of moggies. Ragdolls are a non-extreme breed, so it is very common for a moggie to somewhat look like one. They are also a very new breed, so the likelihood of purebreds getting out and impregnating random alley cats is very slim. And since they're a new breed, there just aren't that many of them. -And- as they are a new breed, almost all breeders follow the fairly recent trend of de-sexing kittens before they are adopted out. So even if it was common for Ragdolls to get out and roam the streets, they would not be able to reproduce anyway.
[notify]

Malley

Malley - Where's my- Mommy!

Purred: Tue Feb 3, '09 5:03am PST 
I would have to agree with Atrus. First sign would be blue eyes, which Caroline doesn't seem to have. But she's beautiful anyway and I know she is loved by mommy.
[notify]

Sammy

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 1:13am PST 
I'm in the same boat with Sammy... He has longer fur then a Siamese, but a little shorter then a Ragdoll. He's HUGE for his age (weighs around 8 to 10 lbs)!!! He's a floppy cat when you pick him up and loves to held like a baby on his back. When he's laying on his back he's so relaxed and completely enjoys it (call it a spralled eagle).

He's a chocolate point and has the most intensed blue eyes. I had a pure bred Chocolate Point Siamese years ago and his eyes were never this color blue.

He loves to come to the door to greet us when we get home. I do have to watch my steps because he loves to follow me around the house. When we got him last week he was never around little ones (I have a 18 mo old grandson living we me) or a dog (I have a Service Dog). In a couple days he has accepted the dog and now will go very close to Shadow to say hi. He even likes my grandson..

So, I was thinking he's a Siamese/Ragdoll mix.. Anybody else think so too?

Ellen and Sammy
[notify]

Mouse

Princess- Mouse-a-tina

Purred: Sat Apr 25, '09 7:14am PST 
A beautiful kitty! I am a part Ragdoll kitty and maybe you are too! I saw a kitty on the Elegant Rags website that his a kitty that looks a lot like you but her eyes are blue. I think your mommy must be very lucky to have a kitty like you - almost as beatiful as me!
[notify]

Misty

practically- perfect in every- way

Purred: Mon Apr 27, '09 10:36am PST 
Actually I know you can't claim a pedigree without proof as has been said above however I think you are a ragdoll. You look like a ragdoll in colour coat and build and your eyes look blue to me. Not only that reading your page you sound exactly like me in personality and temperament and that is an important part of our breeds charm and uniqueness as any ragdoll owner will tell you. I am sure pedigree or not your mommy really loves you lots, we are pretty fantastic aren't we.
[notify]

Darwin

Purred: Fri Oct 16, '09 7:52pm PST 
She looks like a raggie to me! And beautiful at that!

And if you look closely, she does have blue eyes. The flash causes that gold effect.
[notify]