Postings by Princess Zelda Serafina

GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Behavior & Training > Moving the water bowl
Princess- Zelda- Serafina

Nobody puts- Princess in the- corner!

Purred: Thu Aug 25, '11 8:08am PST 
Hmm, could you just fill up a guest bathroom sink for her to drink out of?? Zelda can get pretty bad about playing the water bowl, even with a fountain or rubber bottom. She seems to be growing out of it now though.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 2 8:26 am

Food & Nutrition > the minor fall and the major lift (aka downgrades and upgrades)

Purred: Wed Aug 24, '11 12:59pm PST 
$1.15 for the 13oz is pretty good, as that would feed my two for a whole day, it ought to last your girl two days. So, a little over 50 cents a day to feed is good!

Zelda is a scarf and barfer, though not horribly so. To help with this I only feed her kibble in a food dispensing type toy so she's working at it and slowing down. I've also seen people cut a few holes into a clean soda bottle (16oz) and put the kibble in there for the cat to "hunt." Might keep her more interested too if she's working for it. As for wet food feedings, I smash it down into the bottom of a very small glass bowl. This prevents her from just smashing her face into the food and chowing down in a nanosecond. Makes her slowly lick it all up. Mixing in water and making it really soupy would make her lap it up slower too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Princess Zelda Serafina, Aug 24 12:59 pm

Cat Health > This is (I hope) a stupid, totally unimportant thread.....

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 9:02am PST 
We keep both of my kitties trim and lean. Hobie, being a boy I think, tends to put on weight easily. Zelda however is a little whisp and even eating MORE than her 10lb brofur, stays very petite and thin at 6lbs. Totally normal for her. She's very healthy and very active. I think just like people, some have a naturally higher metabolism and stay trimmer.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tambolina, Aug 16 3:49 am

Behavior & Training > Help with intro to dog!

Purred: Thu Jun 23, '11 7:39am PST 
It will take time for her to be comfortable with the dogs, and what she's doing is totally normal. Thankfully both dogs seem to be calm and well behaved around her, yes?

If you want to try to create positive dog interactions for her, find a really stinky nummy cat treat that she'll go gaga for, and give it to her only when she's around the dogs. We like the PureBites shrimp.

If she continues to be really upset or stressed and a few weeks have gone by, I'd try a Feliway plug-in or spray, or the Good Behavior calming collar. We've had good luck with the pheromone collar keeping Zelda calmer.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Duet, Jun 23 5:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > My baby girl's so skinny right now... :-(

Purred: Thu Jun 23, '11 7:36am PST 
Goodness, our poor little Zelda always looks totally pathetic if she skips even one meal. Like one of those models that makes you think "darn! she needs a sandwich!" laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by BK, Jun 30 8:16 am

Raw Food Diet > Catnip & Catgrass

Purred: Thu Jun 23, '11 7:34am PST 
We just began growing our own. I bought one of those long triangular planters from Wal-mart and planted three catnip plants from the farmer's market in it. I keep it on the front porch, as they prefer to be in shadier areas out of direct sunlight. I've been watering them daily too as they seem to prefer a good bit of water. I planted them with a bit of manure for fertilizer and oh boy have they taken off. The picture of health. I give the kitties leaves from the plants a few times a week, and make sure never to spray them with pesticides. Since they're on the porch that keeps them a bit safer than the plants out in the yard. Don't think I could keep the cats off the plants if I kept them inside.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Archer, Jun 24 3:34 pm

Food & Nutrition > Does ur cat eat dark chocolate to?

Purred: Wed Jun 1, '11 7:07am PST 
I'm kinda surprised Thorne is still alive, actually.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by kaya skye, Jun 11 9:09 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Green Tea Litter

Purred: Wed May 25, '11 10:22am PST 
I can't remember, is green tea safe for cats if ingested? Cause mine would certainly sample. It sounds odd, what's the point of the tea leaves?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jericho, May 27 11:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > yogurt?

Purred: Mon May 23, '11 7:20pm PST 
Hello fellow Zelda! wave

Technically cats are lactose intolerant. However, hubby is known for sneaking them breakfast milk without any issues. If yours has not shown any digestive problems in reaction to yogurt, I'd say a tiny dab every once in awhile is fine. As long as it's plain and nonfat. smile

If she does begin to have reactions to it and you need a tummy soother later on, they sell cat specific probiotics that will do the trick, but plain canned pumpkin (not the pie filling) also does wonders to keep things moving well.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Lola, Jun 15 4:58 am

Food & Nutrition > petsmart has a new line of cat food

Purred: Sun May 22, '11 2:35pm PST 
Went to Petsmart and checked it out, really excited since it looks comparable to Weruva, they're all shredded varieties. However, it's $1.10 for 3oz here! I just don't know if we could swing that on a regular basis. I was really thinking since it was a store brand it'd be more affordable, but it's priced the exact same as Blue Buffalo and Wellness (the dry food too), so there's not really any benefit to choosing it instead. Makes their marketing seem off.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, May 28 10:34 am

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.