Postings by Dillon-Caesar-Charmin-Socrates

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Cat Health > Bad news, good news
Dillon-Caesa- r-Charmin-So- crates

The Clan

Purred: Tue May 10, '11 1:06am PST 
Good news: Ragamuffin is doing a million percent better. Not bad for a cat that was literally dying from Lyme Disease. He can go outside for a few hours during the day but at night he is in da' house. Cussing but inside.

Bad news: I love my beloved Charmin. She got caught in a flash flood and had internal injuries. I will omit the horrific details When I buried her, I cried, I begged for her foregiveness in not seeing the problem any faster, I asked her to hook up with the past taken (yes, I said that as neither she nor I like volunteer for this nightmare).

This has been such a weird and crappy week.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alex (sweet angel girl), May 11 11:00 am

Cat Health > Lyme Disease

The Clan

Purred: Fri Apr 22, '11 6:17pm PST 
Pookie,

Whoa, all my research and the local farm vets say it attacks ONLY bacteria, fungi and viruses. Point me to your souce(s) so I can print it off and smack some heads. I WILL NOT endanger my furrbies or leave them susceptible to secondary infections. This one was all to close to being a killer.

!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Althea, PAWS, Apr 23 12:44 pm

The Clan

Purred: Thu Apr 21, '11 4:39pm PST 
The shots turned out to be the Deer Ticks. The fresh blood was that leaking from around their icky ticky mouths/heads. Did I mention it was storming, we were both soaking wet, I was freaking at finding his limp little body with running blood? Yes, I panicked.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Althea, PAWS, Apr 23 12:44 pm

The Clan

Purred: Thu Apr 21, '11 1:20pm PST 
I hope have that covered. I add a B12 pill to their rawfed

Thanks for the alert. When he is less easily stressed I will cart him off to the (holistic) vet. She is great.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Althea, PAWS, Apr 23 12:44 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Do you prepare enough nutrition for your cat?

The Clan

Purred: Thu Apr 21, '11 12:17pm PST 
All my 21 babies love my rawfed mix. And yes, it is very much enough nutrition.

Literally took me years to get my house babies off the dry diet but now all are eating from the same page so to speak. Me so much happier. Them too.

!!
Mila
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dillon-Caesar-Charmin-Socrates, Apr 21 12:17 pm

The Clan

Purred: Thu Apr 21, '11 12:08pm PST 
Yes, my dears, Lyme Disease is still very much out there. And scary as any cat lover's nightmare can be.

My latest addition, Ragamuffin, has Lyme Disease. And let me tell you it is scary as all get out and every more scary to get him back to good health. Here goes.

A week ago I found Rags just sitting outside, very meek and quiet. Not his personality but I figured he was just having a bad day. Cats do that nwo and then. two days later I found him in the Cathouse with three bloody holes under his right arm pit, fresh blood leaking. Damn, he had been shot. It was storming that night and I ran inside to get a towel. He was gone.

I looked, I yelled, I hollered (and got soaked much to my neuro's dismay) but couldn't find him. Two days later, I found him in the cathouse again. He was not moving; I wasted no time in snatching him up and brining him inside (storms again!) He tolerated - uh, he just looked at me - a physical exam and I found thre of the biggest bloated Deer Ticks I have ever seen in my life. And I'm not young. And I was raised in the country. Yep, that big. They were bleeding around the mouth. I got them out and immediately treated him for anemia. I had enough stuff at the hosue to get that started.

Fast forward: I live in a town with a pop of 120. The nearest "real" town is Nashville and for an emergency vet that would be a near 2 hour drive. This was one a weekend to boot. I could not stress him out anyfurther. I hit my RESEARCH mode button, found something called Colloidial Silver which is used a great deal here on dogs, horses and cows, found a local place to buy it ($$) and I did. That with the Liqi Tonix (??) for cats and water - all administered via syring and hourly - got him back.

Please hear me clearly. I am NOT advocating CS (Collodial Silver) as a sole antibiotic source. I did my research and used what I had available with a dose of common sense and even bigger doses of fear and despiration. YOU: When in doubt, research and ask your vet.

Little Rags is now exploring the whole house (follows me like a pretty little shadow), talks a lot, eats a lot (yeah!) and drink. I don't know where he is doing his business and, frankly, at this point I don't care. He is alive and now starting to thrive again. He is slowly gaining some of the weight he lost and muy other house babies are starting to tussle with im which means he no longer smells sick.

To my knowledge, Lyme is not cured and he will always be in danger of a relapse. Fine, I'll be on the ready.

There it is - our story, our commentary. Hope it helps some out there.

!!!
Mila
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Althea, PAWS, Apr 23 12:44 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > One more

The Clan

Purred: Sat Mar 26, '11 10:37am PST 
OK, y'all. Someone dumped a little boy cat on my back door three weeks ago. The clan did not chase him off so he stays.

This brings it up to 21. And I'm getting rather irked at people who think I'm a drop off. I know times are hard and it is ever harder to find a place that will care for a cat and not put it down. I just have a limit.

[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Smudge, Mar 28 9:21 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > How did you come up with a name for your cat(s) or kitten(s)?

The Clan

Purred: Wed Jan 26, '11 1:04am PST 
My cats' names come to me in a flash. I look at them and :big hugOOM:: a name pops up. I mean, how else can you explain:

Scooter
Tiffie
Holly-Ivy
Daigon (Day-gone)
Dillon
SoldierBoy
Tallulah
Skeeter
Friday
Monday
Butter
Caesar
Smudge
Honey Baby
Blackberry (mother of Charmin, grandma to Friday and Monday)
Charmin
Whisper
Pearl
Hunter
Caution

!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Bandit, Jul 21 12:59 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > URGENT help needed for kitten!

The Clan

Purred: Thu Dec 2, '10 11:05pm PST 
Where the heck is the kit located?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Dec 4 9:43 pm

Cat Health > Cat poisoning

The Clan

Purred: Sat Nov 14, '09 10:41pm PST 
Positive vibes from us (the 18) to you and Casey.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Bear DB #165a, Nov 17 7:49 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.