Postings by Sammy

GO!

Kitten Corner > Ragdoll Size!

Sammy

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 12:52pm PST 
I'm in the same boat with Sammy... He has longer fur then a Siamese, but a little shorter then a Ragdoll. He's HUGE for his age (weighs around 8 to 10 lbs)!!! He goes limp when you pick him up and loves to held like a baby on his back. When he's laying on his back he's so relaxed and completely enjoys it (call it a spralled eagle).

He's a chocolate point and has the most intensed blue eyes. I had a pure bred Chocolate Point Siamese years ago and his eyes were never this color blue.

He loves to come to the door to greet us when we get home. I do have to watch my steps because he loves to follow me around the house. When we got him last week he was never around little ones (I have a 19 mo old grandson living we me) or a dog (I have a Service Dog). In a couple days he has accepted the dog and now will go very close to Shadow to say hi. He even likes my grandson..

So, I was thinking he's a Siamese/Ragdoll mix.. Anybody else think so too?

Ellen and Sammy
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sammy, Mar 9 12:52 pm

Ragdoll > Mommy says I'm a ragdoll, is she right?
Sammy

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 1:13am PST 
I'm in the same boat with Sammy... He has longer fur then a Siamese, but a little shorter then a Ragdoll. He's HUGE for his age (weighs around 8 to 10 lbs)!!! He's a floppy cat when you pick him up and loves to held like a baby on his back. When he's laying on his back he's so relaxed and completely enjoys it (call it a spralled eagle).

He's a chocolate point and has the most intensed blue eyes. I had a pure bred Chocolate Point Siamese years ago and his eyes were never this color blue.

He loves to come to the door to greet us when we get home. I do have to watch my steps because he loves to follow me around the house. When we got him last week he was never around little ones (I have a 18 mo old grandson living we me) or a dog (I have a Service Dog). In a couple days he has accepted the dog and now will go very close to Shadow to say hi. He even likes my grandson..

So, I was thinking he's a Siamese/Ragdoll mix.. Anybody else think so too?

Ellen and Sammy
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Darwin, Oct 16 7:52 pm

Behavior & Training > New cat in family, need advice!

Sammy

Purred: Mon Mar 9, '09 12:49am PST 
We just got our 8 mo kitten a week ago. Even thou we don't have other cats, we do have my 5 yr old Service Dog. Sammy had never been around dogs or little ones. So, the 1st thing Sammy did was hiss at Shadow when we opened the door. He went running to get away and finally found that going under my bed was the best place.

Over the past 7 days he's adapted very well to the dog and today he got up in my lap while Shadow was on my lap. He sniffed Shadow and then left. My 19 mo grandson can go up to Sammy now and give him a quick pat on the head. My grandson gets so excited that Sammy goes elsewhere.

Sammy has now found the couch and its his all time favorite place to be. Last night he finally decided to sleep with me and my faithful Service Dog is on the floor at the foot of the bed.

So, I think it should hold true for any new animal coming into your family with other pets. Just be patient and in no time you'll have everyone playing and purring in unison..

Ellen and Sammy
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 10 4:48 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.