Postings by Daniel

GO!

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

Behavior & Training > Aggressive and possibly Overprotective
Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Sun Jun 8, '14 4:10pm PST 
That last post about Solomon being cornered should've come from me Daniel.

Anyway - mama is using Feliway and I'm more calm. My brofur Solomon is more outgoing and coming out into the open. That stuff sure works!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jun 8 4:10 pm

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Thu Jun 5, '14 8:40am PST 
Hi again,

Furst we want to say we sure hope you don't think mama is stupid or selfish.

Me and my siblings are all spayed and neutered. Mama does NOT want to try drugs either even tho it might sound that way. She's just not sure the alternative meds will do the trick. If she can learn what to do without drugs, she would rather do that. We hope you don't think mama is a wimp or has her own agenda. My mama cares about ALL of us and is open to advice.

Mama is looking fur instructions as how to establish herself as the alpha cat too. That is why we are asking advice here. Please try to understand that. She is looking fur help. We don't have any cat behaviorists in our area, and mama doesn't have a car to drive out to the ones farther away. Mama says maybe you can help tell her how to establish herself as the alpha cat...mama also wants you to know she has intereceded many times on Solomon's behalf and will do everything she can to keep him, and all of us, SAFE, happy and getting along.

I am kept isolated from my siblings when mama's unable to supervise me. I hiss when she makes me go in the bedroom but it is only to keep the peace in the house. Ofurwise, I roam about the house but ONLY when she's there. Really and truly, most of the time we do get along. I know it might not seem that way to you, but we do. I hope you don't think she lets me get away with things. Mama does give me warnings and such. Mama just needs to find out what else she can do when I start to display my aggressive tendencies.

If you can offer some tips to mama she would really appreciate it.
Re-homing us is the very last thing she would do. She believes there is an answer to this without having to do that, altho if necessary she would do it (and I can promise you it would break her heart into a million pieces).

Daniel, his mama, and Solomon

PS Serena gets along with all of us just fine. We really and truly hope nobody on here thinks mama wants things her way, is unwilling to listen, etc. Mama is desperate to try anything to help us.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jun 8 4:10 pm

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Wed Jun 4, '14 4:48pm PST 
Hi there,

Mama has tried Feliway and we aren't sure if it works or not. A few years ago she got us Feliway collars. Well I took care of mine - I chewed it off. So then mama put a 2nd one on me, and I chewed that one off, too. So I am one determined bossy boy. Mama is thinking I wasn't socialized properly as a kitten (I was in 2 homes prior to this one as a kitten) and that is perhaps why I am somewhat of a bully towards Solomon. I do try and boss my sisfur Serena around but she bosses me back.
Tonight I chased Solomon as he was going to a hiding place. (Mama says poor Solly is hiding and she feels bad. Hmph.)

Mama isn't sure this Rescue Remedy stuff will be enough to stop me from picking on my siblings. But her vet won't prescribe anything because they think it'll make me a "zombie". Mama said she believes that with the right dose it will work & that if it makes me a zombie the dose is too high. Also she doesn't have a lot of money to spend on treatments that claim to work and don't, so she's hesitant to buy stuff like Rescue Remedy, Bully Remedy, etc. etc. Mama says she wants to see some changes now.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jun 8 4:10 pm

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '14 3:21pm PST 
would someone please reply...mama really needs some advice!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jun 8 4:10 pm

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Mon Jun 2, '14 6:19am PST 
Hi there,

I have a problem (or so my mama says)...I am furry protective of my mama and I bite and attack anyone who tries to hurt her. that includes ofur kitties. My brofur Solomon, who's already weak, hissed at mama and I ran over and attacked him. It was purrty vicious too, and it's the 4th time in my life I've done this to him. Mama took the brunt of it, getting my bites and scratches, but I did give Solly some scratches and possibly a bite wound. Solomon has already been treated fur his wounds but now the issue about me and my behavior has arisen. You see, I have a tendency to hiss at mama fur no reason sometimes. I hiss when I can't go in the bedroom with her. I hiss when I don't get my way. I hiss just because I like to hiss. She keeps me separated from Solomon and I don't like it because I consider mama MINE. Mama doesn't want to rehome me. This is my 3rd home and mama says it is my furever one. She doesn't have a lot of money. What can she do?
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Daniel, Jun 8 4:10 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Mon Dec 10, '12 5:15pm PST 
Great to hear Felix is doing better....
Purring fur Gizmo....
Purring fur all the ofur kitties on the list too
[notify]

» There has since been -19629.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Fri Dec 7, '12 7:01am PST 
Purring for my brofur Solomon and all the ofur kitties in need....
[notify]

» There has since been -19616.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Sat Sep 15, '12 8:07am PST 
purring fur Kringle, Cammie and the ofur sick kitties
[notify]

» There has since been -19407.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 12:22pm PST 
she doesn't "need" one right now, she just wanted to get some facts. Someone had offered her one and she wanted to find out what to do BEFUR bringing one home. That doesn't mean she was going to adopt it. So, it's not that she "needs" one at all, but just that she was looking fur info.

Again.....No no no no no no NO...mama doesn't need anofur one, we agree. She'll take care of us of course. Not getting anofur one, just was looking fur info. Hope you understand.
[notify]

» There has since been -19378.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Daniel

Rebel with claws

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 10:55am PST 
PS - we're indoor kitties, we don't have a yard (we live in an apartment). Also mama read somewhere that once kitties get URIs they become carriers fur life. This puzzles us cuz when I and Solomon arrived Greta was here....she had a URI when she was a kitten, and she did get shots fur it, but we didn't get URIs when we came here. This is the 1st time I've had one. We're not sure Solomon has one or not.

Small update on Solomon - he is vomiting small bits of bile (but not food). Ate last night and again this morning.
[notify]

» There has since been -19376.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 14: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.