Postings by Princess

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Raw Food Diet > Giving up
Princess

Don't touch me.- Give me food and- leave!

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 11:19am PST 
*snort* I put her on some horrible really cheap ($2 bag) kibble for two days. First day she ate quickly. 2nd day she nibbled, looked at me, looked at the other cats eating raw, went back to nibbling and picking at it.

Today? She ran at BeBe, chased him away from his chicken and started eating big laugh

I'm going to try liver/kidney tonight and see if we get the same enthusiasm.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Princess , Jan 29 11:19 am

Princess

Purred: Tue Jan 18, '11 2:47pm PST 
Thanks everyone, I bought another turkey to feed her for now until I can figure out what we're doing. She'll eat turkey bones (The smaller breast bones anyway) and organs so we're okay for now.

Is their a spreadsheet for cats? I have one on feeding dogs raw but not cats and Id like to have both.

Oh! I pulled a 3month old kitten out from under a uhaul a couple nights ago, she traveled 4+ Hrs under there ! eek She eats raw like a champ though haha. I gave her a choice of cut up chicken or a chunk of it, she ate some of the cut up bites and then straight to the big one. I was so happy haha. She needs a home asap. I've got her mostly on can with some raw.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Princess , Jan 29 11:19 am

Princess

Purred: Thu Jan 13, '11 5:54pm PST 
I don't know what else to do. Princess has made this very difficult. Recently she has decided not to eat anything besides turkey and red meat.

Which means no organs and no edible bones.

I'm so fed up with it. Some nights I just want to cry. Everyone else is fine eats what I give them but her!!!!!!

Part of me wants to supplement. Part of me wants to do part can. Another part says go completely wet food.

We've been raw feeding for almost 2yrs. She was fine the first year it's just recently that she's decided to be so darn picky.
idk I really don't. I want her to eat raw. But we can't keep doing this.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Princess , Jan 29 11:19 am

Raw Food Diet > Snubbing food

Princess

Purred: Mon Dec 20, '10 2:13pm PST 
Guh, she only wants turkey or pork. She's refusing to eat her organs and she won't touch chicken. Tried lightly cooking it, still no go. She seems to do this every couple months, just refuse to touch anything besides certain meats. Any idea on how to break her of this?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Dec 21 5:03 am

Raw Food Diet > Black kittys did you go grey when you switched??

Princess

Purred: Mon Dec 6, '10 8:09pm PST 
I always feel so bad for the older black kitties frown I would but we're hopefully getting this stray guy in the next ay or so. Maybe you could cross post on FB?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Dec 7 5:45 am

Princess

Purred: Mon Dec 6, '10 7:40pm PST 
She's been on raw for 1.5yrs. I've only had her for 3 (I think?). She's (around) 10-13 y/o (we were told three different ages when we got her).

Started out with chicken only. Then moved on to venison, beef, pork, bison (once in a great while), turkey. Pfff...IDK I try to feed as much variety as I can.

For the most part RMBS are chicken, muscle meat is venison, beef is the organs. The rest of it is usually every couple weeks/months and not a real staple in it. Then I was tossing in mackerel every now and then but I've been reading that's a bad idea so I may switch to supplements on that.

And I should say it was like the tips of her fur around her face that turned gray.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 7 5:45 am

Cat Health > Declawing

Princess

Purred: Sun Dec 5, '10 8:28pm PST 
silenced

*sigh*

Have you tried encouraging her with catnip, treats, and toys? I had to put my posts and trees next to the furniture my crew was clawing up.

honestly, I've never had a problem since. rescues, kittens, my crew they all use them...

I think it's possible they may not like the material you used, anyone else have input on that?

I wouldnt ever do it to my crew, regardless. The old lady we adopted, I wish I could give her back her claws. I think she'd love it and it's heart breaking to see her trying to scratch up the posts like the boys do. You can tell she's frustrated about it.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Dec 15 4:07 pm

Princess

Purred: Sun Dec 5, '10 2:23pm PST 
Weird! Not sure why it happened then.

We actually might, there's a feral/stray (not sure yet) that's all black that I'm going to try to trap laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 7 5:45 am

Princess

Purred: Fri Dec 3, '10 5:29pm PST 
Dad just realized that when we switched to raw her fur went really grey. We thought it was her aging but that doesn't seem to be the case, she's a dark black now. shrug

I'm trying to convince him we should adopt another black kitty to switch to raw so we can see if it happens again mol! big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 7 5:45 am

Behavior & Training > Toilet training
Princess

Purred: Thu Oct 28, '10 4:20pm PST 
We don't use chemicals to clean in my house big grin

Thanks for the heads up on the toilet seat though!!! way to go

Well the boys were kittens when I got them and shared everything, so I never needed more. But once we got Princess more boxes were needed.

Because, well she's a Princess. She shouldn't have to share with the boys cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Princess , Oct 28 4:20 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.