GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > Major problem with Wellness canned cat food
Gus

Small but still- a tiger.

Purred: Sun Mar 17, '13 6:23pm PST 
I received a shipment of 2 cases of Wellness formula (not Core) canned cat food from Petflow and the food is half dried out. 1 case of chicken and 1 of turkey, both were bad. The 2 previous shipments from Petflow were fine. I have had this same problem with the same food from PetFoodDirect so there must be some problem with Wellness's canning process. In the past I tried adding water to the food to restore the moisture but my cats don't like the taste.
I am giving up on Wellness food and switching to Merrick canned. I just sent Wellness a message and have not heard back from them yet.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 18 1:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Problem with PetFoodDirect
Gus

Purred: Fri Dec 14, '12 10:04am PST 
"I am not blaming Wellness for this issue" Well, not yet anyways.
Has anyone else had problems with Wellness canned food being too dry and not palatable for their cats even though the food is nowhere near the expire date?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Romeo, Jan 7 4:39 pm

Gus

Purred: Fri Dec 14, '12 12:10am PST 
Kelly, I am not blaming Wellness for this issue.

By the way this is the third time in a about year or more that this has happened with PFD but the first time with the chicken flavor. When I first joined PFD I ordered 24 cans of chicken and turkey each but my cats would not touch the turkey flavor from PFD even though they loved the same flavor from Petco. PFD refunded the first 24 cans of turkey so I decided to give them another chance and the same thing happened with the next case of turkey. I then switched to two cases of chicken with no turkey thinking that maybe the turkey was sitting too long in a warehouse (I assumed that maybe the warehouse has inadequate temperature control and the food was dehydrating during the summer heat)(just a guess).

From PFD:
"I am sorry for that your most recent order of Wellness Canned Cat food is not as consistent as previous orders. We will be glad to refund you back for what you have left from your order. Please cut and remove the UPC's from the cans you have and mail them to us."

When I first started having this issue I did contact Wellness but they pretty much ignored my concerns, I assumed that they thought I was just someone who loves to complain since I didn't have much to go on.

Gus and Pudgy
(Pudgy is the finicky one, I will eat just about anything.)
((Pudgy won't even eat seafood because of the smell--can you believe that!))
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Romeo, Jan 7 4:39 pm

Gus

Purred: Sun Dec 9, '12 11:00pm PST 
Has anybody else experienced a problem with a shipment of wellness canned food from PetFoodDirect.com not being of the same quality as previous shipments? I have been a customer of them for about a year now and my cats have always enjoyed the canned Wellness Chicken from them UNTIL the last shipment I received from them. When compared to other Wellness food purchased from a local store the PetFoodDirect food is not as moist and my cats will no longer eat the PFD food but love the locally purchased. The food is more than 2 years from its expiration date - March 2015. Is PFD properly storing the food before they ship it?
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Romeo, Jan 7 4:39 pm

Cat Health > Cat not eating after dental surgery - 5-7 days

Gus

Purred: Tue Sep 25, '12 9:32pm PST 
From an earlier response on a different topic by Merlin...
You can also try meat baby food. Be sure to read the baby food label - some contain garlic, onions, and other things that are harmful to cats. Beechnut brand has meat in broth baby foods that are good to use.

If you can't get kitty to eat tonight take him/her into the vet ASAP.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 26 10:14 am

Cat Health > Nothing horrible but....
Gus

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 10:28am PST 
Has anything changed recently for Daisy that she might be missing? Cats have been known to show depression over the death or departure of a loved one.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Monster, Jun 13 1:36 pm

Cat Health > Nothing horrible but....

Gus

Purred: Tue Jun 12, '12 7:41pm PST 
Not being a cat psychologist I don't have a clue but hopefully it's just a phase. How long has this been going on?

I know you are being serious but I couldn't help thinking of something else when I read your post....

Is your cat in a rut? Why don't you try Confuse-A-Cat Ltd. smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Je1CEPkUM
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Monster, Jun 13 1:36 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Meow, the 39-pound feline, dies of lung failure

Gus

Purred: Tue May 8, '12 7:49pm PST 
From the Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society:
Thank you all for your condolences regarding Meow. He was a special cat who touched so many lives, and we miss him terribly. We understand that tragedies such as this leave people asking questions. Many have asked about our decision to take Meow to New York. We weighed many factors before making this decision, including evaluating his demeanor, test results, and physical examinations from two veterinarians. Because he was a young cat with a very calm personality who enjoyed being around people, and because we could find no abnormalities other than his weight, we cautiously decided to go forward with the travel.
We were ready to cancel at any time if we felt he wasn't handling it well. We were gone for two days and upon our return, he was placed into a very calm foster home with two lovely retired people who waited on him night and day. He seemed to be doing well. We filmed him at his foster home three days after he returned from his travel, and he was looking the best he ever looked - more active, happy, and starting to lose some weight. It was many days after that when he started to show the respiratory symptoms. The evaluation of all his subsequent test results showed pulmonary disease secondary to chronic obesity. Unfortunately, despite all of the efforts of multiple veterinarians, we simply couldn't undo what four or more years of obesity had done to his body.
The death of any loved one is upsetting. No one is more saddened about Meow’s passing than our staff and those who worked directly with him. We hope that our continued work with homeless animals will be a lasting tribute to special-needs companion animals like Meow.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, May 9 8:30 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Meow, the 39-pound feline, dies of lung failure

Gus

Purred: Mon May 7, '12 5:50pm PST 
So Alex I guess you knew everything about his short life? You knew more about his health than trained vets? The shelter was trying to bring the problem of pet obesity to life not to make money off of him.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, May 9 8:30 am

Gus

Purred: Mon May 7, '12 4:08pm PST 
Sad news from the LA Times:

"We are so heartbroken," "He had such a big personality. We all fell in love with him." Mary Martin, executive director of the Santa Fe Animal Shelter & Humane Society

Ideally, Meow would have weighed 7 to 10 pounds. Carrying 39 pounds of weight on his feline frame was the equivalent of a man weighing more than 600 pounds, experts said.

The shelter placed Meow in a foster home and put him on a strict, high-protein diet intended to knock off some weight before he could be adopted by a new owner. Publicized weigh-ins were planned as a way to highlight the problem of obesity in pets, as well as to drum up interest in pet adoptions.

But then Meow began wheezing last Thursday.

The shelter's vet paid Meow a home visit, initially suspecting that the wheezing might be caused by allergies or asthma. Tests were ordered, including a cardiac ultrasound. But Meow's condition continued to worsen, and he was taken to a veterinary hospital on Friday for emergency treatment.

In all, four veterinarians were brought in to try to save Meow. But the now-famous cat died Saturday afternoon, Martin said.

The shelter posted the news on its Facebook page Monday morning. It also offered the public a glimpse of Meow's days before he had been stricken.

"Meow had been doing so well in his foster home; walking up stairs and seeking affection -- that it is so very hard to believe he is gone. We will forever be grateful for the attention Meow's size brought to pet obesity and to animal shelters across the country."

"We are especially grateful to all of you who fell in love with this charming cat -- as we did -- and were so very interested in his progress and success."

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-m eow-fat-cat-20120507,0,4075927.story
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, May 9 8:30 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.