Postings by Sugar

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Behavior & Training > We're having a problem like Morticia is having, but with Sugar
Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Sat Feb 23, '13 5:32pm PST 
Sugar is 17 years old and like Morticia, we haven't taken her to the vet in a few years. We will be doing that soon, provided she stops attacking. She is a sweet cat and was even that way this morning. Then later on in the day, Gypsy Road went into the bathroomm...no where NEAR her...and she came tearing out of the bathroom, in Kung Fu Fighting style! She was hissing and literally hitting him. Now don't tell it's the dog fault. It was not as he was NOT NEAR HER at the time. I went in and gave her a little swat on the butt. She then growled and hissed at me. We left her alone. About an hour later, I went to check on her and noticed that she needed some water. I went to turn on the faucet and she scratched me on the arm...enough to were it bled and I am now bruised in that area. She kept growling. I offered her some treats and she ate them, with what sounded like the word "Yum", but kept growling. She ate breakfast with no problem. She did eventually calm down some and let us pet her. She ate her dinner with gusto...which is normal for her. Well, then again, just a few minutes ago, she went after Gypsy Road again...when he wasn't near her. We're not picking her up and taking her to the vet when she keeps doing that. Right now, she is restricted to the bathroom. Read Morticia's post and I was wondering the same thing. Is this behavior related? Is it health related? If it is, how do we calm her down long enough to get her into the crate? If it's behavior...HELP!! Again, please don't say it's the dog's fault. You really don't want to upset me with that, considering I SAW what happened between them. Thank you.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sugar, Feb 23 5:32 pm

Behavior & Training > PLEASE HELP!!! MY BOYFRIEND'S CAT IS SUPER AGGRESSIVE!!!
Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Tue Mar 2, '10 8:55am PST 
I have to agree with everything that Gracie has said. She has hit it right on the nose.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 7 8:37 am

Behavior & Training > Should I be on Prozac or be given away?

Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 4:20pm PST 
No problem with sharing experiences. Just remember that what works for you, may not work for someone else and that the way things are said can be hurtful to others. I replied to your pawmail.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Mar 3 3:17 pm

Behavior & Training > Mixing cats with claws with declaws.

Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 2:45pm PST 
Sugar has her claws and Neeka is declawed. We have had no issues with this whatsoever. In fact, the cats avoid each other. If the adoption center is refusing to adopt the cat out because of that, I would probably look somewhere else...unless you can convince them that there really isn't an issue, because from experience, we've had no issues with it.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Mar 5 11:35 am

Behavior & Training > Cat harness???

Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 2:43pm PST 
It was funny. Mom was falling over laughing. We stick with the carrier now though. We don't want a repeat. MOL
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Con, Mar 5 8:35 pm

Behavior & Training > Cat harness???
Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 2:13pm PST 
My Mom DID put a cat harness on me. I needed some exercise and all the running around the house didn't help. Well, she got it on me...and I fell over...SLOWLY! MOL big laughbig laugh She hasn't tried it since! MOL So it can be done. You put it on, just like you are putting a dog harness on. It's the same style.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Con, Mar 5 8:35 pm

Behavior & Training > Got startled, and now hides all the time.

Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 2:12pm PST 
That was the room mate's first time spending the night there? That would definitely send the cat into hiding. I also find it rude that she stayed up until 7 am with friends of hers, and you couldn't any sleep. Did you talk to her about this? That could be what bothered your cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Aug 7 6:31 am

Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 2:09pm PST 
I understand that, but it did seem to be rude, and if the OP has tried everything and it came down to those two choices, then I would support him/her. I'm having trouble with one of my own cats and am trying everything before making the rehoming decision as well, but only the OP knows for sure, how they can handle Mango (I hope I have the name correct). It's not up to us to judge a person for a decision that they MAY have to make. That is just rude.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Mar 3 3:17 pm

Behavior & Training > Got startled, and now hides all the time.

Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 1:49pm PST 
This is a strange question to ask and not one that a human would know the answer to, but is it possible that the other room mate has a different smell, that the cat is sensing? It may not even be that room mate. How is the weather over there? Animals can sense a change in weather, even before we know about it.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Aug 7 6:31 am

Sugar

The Queen

Purred: Mon Mar 1, '10 12:57pm PST 
Leila: Was this remark really necessary? "Think if Mango were a human significant other--would you be so quick to "give her away" or resort to drugs?"

If the OP is having issues and came here for advice, then that is what should be given. I'm dealing with some issues of my own and if you said that to me, I would be very angry. Now, the rest of your post, I agree with.

To the OP: Try talking to your vet about medicine for it. First tell him/her what is going on. If there are behaviorists for cats, maybe that is the way to go as well. Animals do act out when they notice something different. In the meantime, I would probably try and keep them apart for now, until you do come to a decision as to what to do.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Mar 3 3:17 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.