Postings by mIcHiS

GO!

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

Cat Health > orphaned kitten help :(
mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '12 8:13am PST 
we found a kitten two days ago in the rain , near the road. saved it from getting hit by a car. its a month old, at the very most. i was stupid and fed it alot of meat and milk the first day because it was all skin and bones and then of course it developed bloody diarrhea. i fed it children's electrolyte drink , which my adult cat has taken for dyhdration. as of right now , his stools are firmer and no more blood since yesterday morning. he was fine yesterday, but i notice that he does not want to eat his dry kitten food. he loves chicken but im scared of upsetting his tummy even more. but he is not eating enough since he hates the kitten food. also , he seems uncomfortable when he has to go to the bathroom , crying and sort of dragging himself on the ground-could he have worms? before he used to cover his poop like a normal cat but since yesterday he's been pooping and then running out of his litterbox like his life depends on it. what age can kittens get dewormed? also , can i feed it lactose free milk? im just trying to get it to eat something and perk up. im worried but i wont be able to take it to the vet until later on today , so any advice beforehand would be welcome
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jun 19 9:25 am

Laws & Legislation > stop the killing of cats in Puerto Rico
mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Mon May 10, '10 4:39pm PST 
I would start a petiton but realisticly I don't think it's going to change anything , because its usually fairly poor and ignorant people that do it , in the "shadier" neighborhoods. I doubt they even have internet access and no petiton is going to make them stop killing kitties cry In neighborhoods like mine, which are upper middle class , people are much more cultured and although ferals are removed from my neighborhood , they are never, ever poisoned or acutally harmed , just dumped. And nobody every suggests they be killed , and mcuh less in such a cruel way. my mom's part of the neighborhood's administrative council so she has the inside info on what they're planning to do with the cats and stuff.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by PopTart, Jun 9 8:38 am

Laws & Legislation > stop the killing of cats in Puerto Rico

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Sat Apr 24, '10 11:11am PST 
this is a very emotional subject for me because the same theing goes in on my country , colombia. isn't there a petiton for colombia? indeed I know people that loved and cared for starys and were devastated when they were poisoned , both dogs and cats. its mostly normal people that do it , though , not the goverment. still , I think its horrible and I don't know how people can be so heartless. I signed.
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by PopTart, Jun 9 8:38 am

Kitten Corner > URGENT.Help with kitten potty training!!!

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Wed Apr 21, '10 6:20pm PST 
now they've changed her name to lulu. oh well , at least it's universal. and my cousin convinced her mom to keep the litter box for a few months , until she's older. she's really cute and loves water and the dog. she drinks water from the dog's bowl and they even sleep together. I sense the begining of a beautiful relationship smilesmile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 7:00pm PST 
oh I forgot to mention , its a female (they think) and they called her estrella which is pronounced " estresha" and mean " star" in spanish.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Tue Apr 20, '10 2:43pm PST 
update: my cousin got the kitten a plastic bucket and some sand and he's doing his stuff in there , and my aunt says she likes the kitten , but she wishes he didn't need a litterbox. I told her it was temporary and told my cousin to move it gradually closer to the door everyday , until it was outside. I gave her one of michis' old collars and some toys she doesn't play with anymore for her new baby. it looks like heverything is working out fine , and I plan on going there this weekend , I'll get some pics if I can!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Sun Apr 18, '10 12:03pm PST 
maybe I shouldn't have generalized " the U.S" because I know there are many irresponsible pet owners there, too. but in general people are much more educated about pets. maybe just catster. the people on here really see their cats as their babies , most of them. the kitten won't be an outdoor cat, he'll live inside , but he needs to go potty outside. gracie , thats brilliant , I just remebered we once bought a litterbox for michis, and she never used it (she goes potty outside , too). I still have it. I think i'll give it to her. i know this kitty is just a baby , and if he were mine i would have a lot more patience with him but my aunt is very busy and doesn't have a lot of patience for animals. We were all shocked when she allowed my cousin to keep the kitten.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Sun Apr 18, '10 9:38am PST 
ok...I was pretty sure someone would respond like this , because I know most of you feel very strongly about letting cats outdoors , but you must understand this is another culture. this is not the U.S , and people have different perceptions of animals and how they should be treated. I lived in the U.S , so I can understand the difference. people there view pets as their children , their babies . and there are so many products for them its unbelievable. here pets are pets. cats , especially are seen as vermin by many people. trust me when I say that this kitten was very , very lucky to have ended up with my cousin who loves animals like me and while she may not give them what would be considered "optimal"care by the people on catster, she does the best she can. the sad reality is , if this kitten had not ended up with my cousin , it probably would have been poisoned , a common method of population control for stray cats here(thats probably what happened to his mom). so please , please don't start preaching to me about "ridicolous restrictions"as you do not know the whole story. the kitten is not "forced"to go on the floor , he goes there because he is too young , an orphan and his mother never had the chance to teache him where to go. And FYI , where do you think cats did thier buisiness before domestication? litterboxes of nature? DIRT. I doubt the kitten will be "traumatized"by going potty on the places his ancestors went. and my cousin does want to provide him a litter box , but she can't because litter is too expensive here , and because while a legal adult , she lives with her parents and must obey their rules and one of them is "no litterboxes". plus her crazy , hyper lab would probably destroy the litter box. another person would have found it too difficult to train a kitten to go outdoors , and that plus her being on a very tight budget , no one could blame her if she decided to give up the kitten. but she won't let him down , and is trying the best she can , so he can have a nice home. now , if anone else has productive comments to make , I would love to see them kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Sat Apr 17, '10 11:29am PST 
a few days ago , my cousin found an abandoned kitten , of less than a month old , lying soaked in the street. She took the kitten in and convinced her mom (she's 21 but she lives with her parents) to keep him temporarily , but only after a long time , and so far my aunt still isn't very convinced. the kitten seems to be healthy so far and her female lab loves the kitten and treats him like one of her pups. The only problem is that the kitten is so young , he doesn't know he's supposed to soil in dirt/sand , etc and just goes on the floor , or where ever he's at. My aunt really dislikes this and if he can't be taught to go outside , she'll make my cousin get rid of him , so it's urgent that this kitten learns not to go inside and to go outside in the dirt! (litterboxes are not an option , the kitten must go outside , its a quiet street and my cousin is willing to wait for him to " go" and take him inside at once because she knows it's not ideal for him to be outdoors , but my aunt refuses to have a litter box in the house). how can she teach him the appropriate place to " go" ? this is urgent , I need responses as soon as possible , or else she's going to have to get rid of the kitten!
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by mIcHiS, Apr 21 6:20 pm

What I Love About Catster > Kitty Koffee Korner
mIcHiS

-iTs aLl AbOuT- ME!!!-

Purred: Tue Mar 2, '10 5:20pm PST 
don't worry bumpurr , I find show stuff fascinating! your right bk , they are smart , they chose their people well wink yes mommy doesn't allow me to be on the computer after 10 so an eary version of the "late late show"is great for me!
[notify]

» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Lowell, Oct 28 5:42 pm

(Page 1 of 20: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.