Postings by Angela

GO!

Maine Coon > Blacks, black smokes and blue smokes

Angela

Ya gotta squeeze- me ta please me!

Purred: Mon Oct 13, '08 5:28pm PST 
Sylvester-Leroy, it took me a zillion years to respond. Thanks for suggesting petfinder. I know it well. I go there a lot, mostly looking at dogs.

I would adopt from them if I could know the cat was a purebred. Like I said, all my cats up to now have been adopted and mongrels. Just once I was hoping for a purebred. It seems people take any longhaired cat and call it a "Maine Coon" or a mix of one.

Unfortunately, petfinder is unreliable for tracking history. If I'm going to adopt on petfinder it will be for any suitable DSH. Not for a Maine Coon. But thanks.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Loki, Oct 15 5:53 pm

Ocicat > I'm new too! Researching Ocicat breeders...
Angela

Purred: Sat Jul 5, '08 10:22am PST 
I've always had DSHs and tabbies have been among my faves, as well as black cats.

The Ocicat impresses me for it's size, disposition ( esp with respect to dog-compatibility), wild looks, and relative health for a purebred.

I still believe in adoption and rescue, but I admit to wanting a purebred for once.

Right now it's down to Ocicats and Maine Coons, so I'm trying to see where people have obtained their Ocicats and how things are going.

What are your cats like? Were expectations met? Are their animals big, happy and healthy?

I realize the long-term health and happiness of any living thing depends upon the caretakers. Rest assured, I am a HUGE animal lover who cares deeply for all animals, furry, feathery or scaled. I have no prejudices except against roaches, ticks and mosquitoes! No one's perfect!
wink

I live in NYC, so any good breeders ( no large, cold commercial catteries please) within driving distance would be preferable. I'll go a few states away, but I don't want to ship a kitten or retired adult from far away. It scares me too much.

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pooka, Aug 1 9:11 pm

Maine Coon > Blacks, black smokes and blue smokes

Angela

Purred: Sat Jul 5, '08 10:07am PST 
Hi. I'm new here. I have always had DSHs. I still believe in adopting "mutts" but have always liked the Maine Coon. I'm a dog lover at heart, so these big guys who tend to do well with dogs really impress me.

It seems hard to find breeders of blacks, black smokes and blue smokes. I'm leaning towards the smokies, but Roxy here is impressive.

Anyway, does anyone know of any GOOD breeders of smokes? When I say good, I mean that health and temperament are the most important thing. Of course, a nice big size, that big thick muzzle and great long ears with tufts would be awesome too!

I live in the NYC area, and am also hoping to find someone relatively close to me. Willing to drive a few states away, but I don't want to ship kittens from far. That would make me too nervous.

Thanks!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Loki, Oct 15 5:53 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.