Postings by Chessie 6/2004-12/2009

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My sweet Chessie went over the rainbow bridge today.

Chessie - 6/2004-12/20- 09

I'm a mama cat- even though I'm- a boy.

Purred: Mon Dec 21, '09 1:50pm PST 
He was diagnosed with FIP. We are going to miss him he was the most loving kitty I've ever known.

I was with him when he passed. I had brought a blanket from home for him to lay on.

I'm so sad.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Buddy, Dec 22 7:17 pm

Domestic Shorthair > What color am I?

Purred: Sat Dec 5, '09 10:20am PST 
A black (looks spotted) tabby with white. The color is based on the color of the stripes, not the color in between.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Caramello, Jul 10 1:59 pm

Behavior & Training > some people are so impaient!

Purred: Sun Mar 29, '09 4:13am PST 
We usually foster kitties who need medication so giving time really isn't an option.

When mom first brings them home she puts them in her bedroom away from the other cats. The dogs do sleep there at night but they don't pay attention to a cat, they just sleep. If in a couple of days she isn't seeing them to give the medicine then she takes them and puts them in a crate in the living room. In a couple of days most kitties get used to it and realize the crate keeps them protected. Most of the time the kittys go back to adoptions once they are better. Mom feels that the "forced socialization" helps them in the adoption cages.

Mom once adopted a cat that hid in a wall for 3 months. She is pretty sure it came out for food but she never saw it. She ended up giving it back to the owners. She knows changing homes is hard on a cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Samantha - Rainbow Bridge, Apr 9 12:47 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.