Postings by Pretty (Forever in our hearts)

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Do My Brothers Miss Me?
Pretty- (Forever in- our hearts)

Purred: Mon Jun 20, '11 9:18am PST 
It's been almost a week since I crossed the Rainbow Bridge and mom is wondering if my brothers are missing me. They seem to be quieter and one has even began sleeping in my bed, which he never did before.
The first couple of days after I was gone it seemed they were looking around the house for me, checking out all my old hangouts.
Do cats from multiple cat houses miss another when they're gone?
I know mom misses me because I still hear her talking to me.
little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maggie and Thomas - ILM, Jun 20 9:27 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I crossed the Bridge today

Purred: Thu Jun 16, '11 6:15pm PST 
Thank you to everyone for your kind words and purrs and a special thanks to Willow for helping with my wings.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pretty (Forever in our hearts), Jun 16 6:15 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > I crossed the Bridge today

Purred: Tue Jun 14, '11 8:49pm PST 
Mom was right there with me saying how much she loved me and I know she did as much as I loved her.
I'm now an angel and Mom would be comforted knowing I've got my wings. Can someone let her know how to put my wings on me?
little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Pretty (Forever in our hearts), Jun 16 6:15 pm

Cat Health > Velcro in getting her spay/vaccinations/Home Again

Purred: Fri Sep 26, '08 2:49pm PST 
hug Velcro hug

I so happy that you got through your surgery and are doing well cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Rasha, Sep 29 12:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > Kitten Feeding issues - PLEASE HELP

Purred: Sat Sep 6, '08 8:58pm PST 
Misty May let me start out by saying you are too adorable! I'm so happy you found a good home. cheer

If your mommy can find you some Wellness Kitten Food I think you would like that. She can start out giving you just a small amount at a time and still supplement with your milk until you are eating enough.

Wellness is a great food and has no grains and it will help you grow strong and be a gorgeous cat!

You are sooo sweet, good luck little one hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by SNOW, Sep 7 1:36 pm

Cat Health > Should I get spayed???

Purred: Wed Aug 6, '08 9:08pm PST 
hug Puma,
What a cutie you are. At 7 months you are at a purrfect age for spaying.
You will be so much happier and healthier after you are spayed.
Even though you will always live indoors, you will still cycle in and out of heat. It will be very difficult for you and nearly unbearable for your humans. You will also be more at risk for certain cancers if not spayed.

Have the vet check you over and make sure you are healthy, no fever etc. and then get spayed. cheer

I was a stray and had two litters before my forever mom found me. I was almost 2 years old by the time I got spayed and I recovered quickly and I've never been happier.

I'll be purring hard for you and will be waiting to hear how you're doing. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by "PUMA" Special K, Aug 7 8:01 pm

Behavior & Training > territorial fights extending to litter box

Purred: Mon Jun 16, '08 1:46pm PST 
Horus, you big lug, stop scaring poor Sophia marie when she's using the litter box! It's not funny and you might cause her to stop wanting to use it.

My brothers sometimes stalk me and it has happened when I wanted to use the litter box. I went and hid, but had to go sooo bad, I pooped in the corner of mommy's bderoom. red face

My only advice is to try to keep and eye on them best you can and try to stop any scare tactics before they happen, especially near the litter box.

Poor Sophia marie, I know how she feels.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Izadore (Izzie), Jun 17 6:47 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wellness Core

Purred: Tue Jun 3, '08 2:55pm PST 
Hi Cleopatra,
I would not recommend any "lite" food for weight loss. Lite foods are loaded with carbs, which cats don't need and can't metabolize, so it leads to weight gain and sometimes diabetes.
If weight is a concern, feed more canned food and only give a small amount of dry (CORE is good) as a treat.
I'm not familiar with I-Vet, why were you on that?

Try feeding more canned food and less dry, maybe just a bit for overnight, and see how that works.

Also stay away from foods canned "in gravy". Those have that nasty wheat gluten in them and that's not good.

If you have any more qeustions, you can PM me. At least let us know how you are doing, OK?

Purrs,
Pretty
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pretty (Forever in our hearts), Jun 3 2:55 pm

Behavior & Training > My Cat Attacked Me!

Purred: Fri May 9, '08 8:49pm PST 
Yes Chili is being territorial. It's natural for cats to want to protect their territory. When they see an intruder, even if it's just a cat passing through the yard, they will become aggressive. This time of year is one of the worst for this kind of behavior.

When Chili turned and bit you her aggression was redirected. In other words, she was so agitated by seeing the other cat through the window and couldn't get at it, she took her aggression out on you because you were near her and probably scared her with the water spray.

I read her bio and I see was an abandoned kitty and very scared. That is probably another factor to why she is so territorial. She doesn't want anyone intruding on her sanctuary.

Next time she gets annoyed by an outside cat, be gentle and calm. Talk in a soft voice and slowly pull the curtains closed so she can no longer see outside. Give her some alone time and let her calm down and then slowly approach her talking softly and maybe even offer her a treat.

She really didn't mean to attack you, she was just trying to protect what is hers.

Purrs for Peace
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Nasty, May 13 1:43 am

Choosing the Right Cat > I can\'t replace Chip, but.....

Purred: Wed Apr 30, '08 9:04pm PST 
Hi Georgie,
I am sooo sorry you lost your buddy Chip hug

I think in time you will accept a new kitty into your home. Without Chip you will get lonely and when you do, let your momma know you are ready for a new friend.

It sounds like Chip has a beautiful resting place. I'm sure he's playing happily at the Rainbow Bridge. little angel

hugHugs to you and your familyhug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Louis Armstrong - ILM, May 1 8:43 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.