GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Kitten Corner > cleaning newborn kittens
Angel-Nu

puke with a- ribbon in it!

Purred: Sat Sep 7, '13 12:31pm PST 
i ment to say that they do go a little in the washcloth. it takes a few minutes but they seem to still get a small amount on there tails. but most of the poo is when i rub there behinds
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 8 11:22 pm

Angel-Nu

Purred: Sat Sep 7, '13 11:12am PST 
thanks for the input, but i am patting there behinds after meals and rubbing bellys, burping, ect. they like to poop all on there own while im not looking and walk in it. pee is another story, they pee buckets in the washcloth.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 8 11:22 pm

Angel-Nu

Purred: Fri Sep 6, '13 11:29am PST 
im fostering newborns, and without the mother ive found they get poo on them easy. any idea on how to get the dried poo out of there tails? ive tried wipes, and they are too small to bathe. they are only 2 days old. i wipe them down after every feeding and change the bedding but its unavoidable.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Sep 8 11:22 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > baby kitten

Angel-Nu

Purred: Mon Aug 26, '13 3:24am PST 
I just had the worst night holding a baby 2 week old rescue kitten as he cried in my arms before passing. I had gotten him from someone who couldn't bottle feed him, and i tried to save him. Its tough since the little guy at just 2 weeks was purring when i stroked his poor, itchy ears. i snuggled him close in his final hour and gave him a name before he joined the rainbow bridge. Bullet, i whispered. not long after i named him and told him he was loved, he drew his last breathe at 5am.

it was just too late for him. i wish i would have been able to rescue him sooner from his former home.

cry
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 30 6:49 pm

Cat Health > low blood sugar?

Angel-Nu

Purred: Fri Jul 12, '13 9:58am PST 
shes not diabetic. she was totally fine after the karo syrup. and was up and eating after a few hours.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 12 9:59 am

Cat Health > low blood sugar?
Angel-Nu

Purred: Wed Jul 10, '13 7:15pm PST 
Angel threw up a few times today, wont eat, extremely lethargic, and mildly "shivering." I gave her karo syrup and tried to get her to eat but no dice.

This has happened once before last year. she was all "loopy" and i rushed her to the vet. by the time we got there she was fine. the vet ran tests and nothing.

could it be low blood sugar? Angel is 8 years old, not overweight, healthy/active otherwise.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 12 9:59 am

Cat Health > FIV + cat

Angel-Nu

Purred: Mon Jun 24, '13 5:58am PST 
well i got myself bit up trying to grab the cat away from mine. he slipped out the bedroom door and started growling and spitting at the cats. i dont think this is going to work out. he will have to be caged untill i can find him a home frown i can't risk them fighting.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 25 1:09 pm

Grooming > Calico with tabby stripes...?

Angel-Nu

Purred: Wed May 22, '13 10:57am PST 
this is common. often calicos can have tabby instead of straight black. her coloring is called a torbie and white or a patched tabby and white.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 22 10:57 am

Catster Railroad > Did You Know There Are Too Many Kittens Down South and Not Enough Up North?

Angel-Nu

Purred: Fri May 10, '13 10:25pm PST 
i also wonder if its more acceptable to buy kittens from private parties, like craigslist ads and "kitten" ads in the newspaper up here. Also, many people want "baby kittens" and not older kittens. If a kitten is older than 3 months you can bet it will be viewed as an adult to most people. I cant tell you how many potential adopters for my rescue called and turned down my kittens because they were too old at 12 weeks. I kept them for so long so they could get fixed, but people only care about cuteness and "growing up with the family"
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 2 12:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Innapropriate chewing? (on plastic, netting/tulle, ribbons, etc...)
Angel-Nu

Purred: Sun Nov 18, '12 10:31pm PST 
Angel chews ribbons, plastic and netting also. Its almost a compulsive behavioral. I have resorted to putting away anything she chews. it stinks, but its the only way. she also has a taste for IPOD ear buds.

Im not sure why cats obsessively chew plastic. Its something to do with whatever chemicals are used in making it. it might trigger some sort of response. Some will lick plastic bags too. Its pretty common. you could try bitter apple spray on things you cant put away. Angel has toned it down these past few years. but i also put away everything she liked to chew. Im not sure its something cats can be easily trained out of. to me it seems like a compulsive behavior that can only be broken by making the objects unavailable.

as for chewable objects...i dont know of many. They make a kitty kong but my cats dont like it. i dont think its easy for them to chew since cats are side chewers. the thing is, cats seem to prefer long thin objects, and those can be swallowed. Mine seem to like plastic cat balls (the kind they cant swallow) kong brand 'kickaroos' and those catnip kiss balls.

I also "allow" Angel to fetch up hairties. but i put them up when we are done playing. She dosnt chew them when i leave them out by accident. im not sure why.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 18 10:31 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.