(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Chloe ~ Itty- Bitty Angel- Kitty

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Fri Jun 24, '11 5:31pm PST 
ittybittyangelkitty purrs for the ill and ailing rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been -17825.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Dog Person With New Cat Who Knows Nothing

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Wed May 18, '11 10:15pm PST 
Thank you for rescuing an adult kitty! Aging a kitty, especially a stray, can be difficult. When my meowmy found me each vet had a different guess, and I was said to be anywhere from 8months to 10 yrs, mol! Jinx certainly looks like an adult kitty, probably middle aged (5yr ) but its so hard to tell. You can get a rough estimate by checking out the quality of the teeth, if there is any "lacy" texture to the eyes (when cats age, the eye "texture" tends to change as well. if you look at pictures of a young cat vs. an older cat you'll see what I mean), and overall body condition (once you've had her long enough to get her on a good diet.)

definitely get her checked out by the vet. FIV/FELV test is important, and Bartonella testing is a good idea, as that's carried by fleas and is more prevalent than people may realize and can be transmitted to people (thats what "cat scratch fever" is!) . plus bartonella is treatable with antibiotic.

the FIV shot is not recommended as it does not do anything for the disease. definitely rabies vaccination, the four in one vaccine, and an initial FELV series would be helpful, once she's tested negative.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jul 23 3:18 am

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Mon Apr 18, '11 8:33pm PST 
purrrrring for handsome Bobcat
[notify]

» There has since been -17345.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Fri Mar 18, '11 9:15am PST 
little angellittle angel itty bitty angelkittypurrs for all little angellittle angel
[notify]

» There has since been -17048.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Wed Mar 16, '11 6:05pm PST 
so much sadness.. angelkitty purrs and hugs for all the sick and ailing..
our love to you, HL's meowmy.
[notify]

» There has since been -17025.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Purring for Japan

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Fri Mar 11, '11 8:32pm PST 
Purring for Japan. little angel
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Mar 14 10:19 pm

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Fri Mar 4, '11 7:14pm PST 
Ittybitty Angelkitty purrs for all of the sick and ailing. There's far too many. hug
[notify]

» There has since been -16892.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Mon Jan 10, '11 7:19pm PST 
ughh we hate FELV so much ! frown purring for Tigger and all of the ill kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been -16457.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Kitten Corner > Black & White Cat Breeds

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Mon Nov 29, '10 8:56am PST 
Black and white (patched or tuxedo) is pretty common in Domestics (shorthair or longhair), and notsomuch in pedigrees (we're not fancy looking enough for them? mol).
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Jack Teagarden, Jan 31 10:58 am

Cat Health > FELV Question

Itty bitty Chloe- kitty

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 8:24am PST 
Hi Maggie. FELV can be very confusing indeed. Sable and I were both tested twice, a few years apart, and were totally indoor cats. When Sable fell ill, she was tested on a whim of our meowmy's, and she tested positive for the virus. All of us were re-tested and I was positive as well. I know FELV can sound scary but there are plenty support groups both on Catster and other parts of the internet.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MAGGIE MAY(in loving memory), Nov 23 9:10 am

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.