Postings by ~ Brooke ~ Angel Queen

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Wings
~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Thu Aug 9, '12 3:17pm PST 
Was wondering if anyone could give our Brooke wings. she passed in March.
rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Natasha, Aug 10 8:20 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Brooke
~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 7:24pm PST 
The post that I was hoping I wouldn't have to be making. Things happened so incredibly quickly this evening that I don't think I can fully believe it yet.

She began life as a tiny stray kitten on the mean streets of Crown Heights, Brooklyn. Dirty, worm infested, and underweight, she was rescued by my uncle who was on active duty as an NYPD officer. My family had just lost our first cat at the young age of eight years old and we were not exactly ready for a cat. We didn't know what to expect when my uncle pulled up to our driveway in his squad car with his partner. He told me to come outside and that he had a surprise for me. So I did, and it was definitely a surprise when he revealed that there was a tiny kitten in the glove compartment!

In her 14 1/2 years, she moved houses, learned to live with a dog and eventually 3 other cats. She was not the most friendly of cats. Stand-offish was more like it. She chose what people she liked and when. She tolerated the other cats, at best, and avoided the dog at all costs. For most of her life she was healthy and never had to go to the vet's for any ailment of any kind. Over the past year we noticed a decline, and although bloodwork results came up inconclusive, she noticeably lost weight and for the last several months had begun to become a lot more affectionate and clingy. Definitely not like herself.

She began having seizures earlier this evening, brief ones that would last 20 seconds at a time. When she had one seizure not ten minutes after recovering from another, I knew I needed to bring her to the vet. Brooke had another seizure on the car ride and another in the carrier, and it became clear that it was her time to join Kitty, Chloe, and Sable over the Rainbow Bridge.

Her royal presence will be forever missed.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Mar 22 10:50 am

Get Well Soon > Brooke

~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 6:49pm PST 
Brooke has joined Sable and Chloe at the bridge. She had a third seizure shortly after the post I made above, which she did not completely come out of. She had another in the car ride to the vet, and still another in the waiting room, and we knew that the time had come. Up until this past year she was hardy and healthy and had never had any moment of illness in her 14 1/2 years.

She was never the most social of cats and picked and choosed who she liked and when. Brooke always held herself like the queen she was, and it was an honor when she allowed you to pet her.

rainbow Queen Brooklyn
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Mar 22 8:19 am

Get Well Soon > Brooke

~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 5:30pm PST 
Brooke had what was definitely a seizure just now. Lasted for about 20 seconds and she recovered quickly, but is still definitely off. Will be bringing her to the vet ASAP.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Mar 22 8:19 am

Get Well Soon > Brooke

~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Wed Mar 21, '12 5:10pm PST 
Long time no post Catsters.
Posting here because Brooke (housemate of Maus, Gabi, and Helene-Iris) is going into the vet tomorrow. Despite normal bloodwork only a few months ago, she's been getting thinner. About an hour ago she had what might have been a seizure (unsure because I did not witness it). Something is definitely off, and we know that at nearly 15 things start to creep up on senior kitties.

Will see what sort of diagnostics will be done tomorrow and we'll take it from there.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Mar 22 8:19 am

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Mon Aug 1, '11 5:43pm PST 
Maus' housemate here.

Brooke's bloodwork came back today. all perfectly normal, which was surprising since shes 14!
[notify]

» There has since been -18001.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > What is your cat's age in human years and cat years?

~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Mon Oct 18, '10 8:02pm PST 
Brooke: 13 cat years & 68 human years.
Maus: 5 cat years & 36 human years
Helene-Iris and Gabielle: 10 cat years & 56 human years
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ~ Brooke ~ Angel Queen, Oct 18 8:02 pm

Behavior & Training > Resident cat unhappy with new cat

~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Fri Sep 24, '10 8:23am PST 
This webpage will hopefully be of help! good luck:

http://www.animalleague.org/pet_talk/intro_to_other_pets.ht ml
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Monkey, Sep 28 11:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Lately my 3 year old cat is missing the litter box when he wees...

~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Wed Aug 11, '10 4:31pm PST 
Along with the above, is he declawed? Declawed cats often suffer from sensitivity and early arthritis, and litter box aversion is actually common in cats that have been declawed. The clay litter hurts their sensitive feet. A soft, sand type litter often does the trick if that's the case.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Timmy, Aug 12 4:14 am

Kitten Corner > Bengal Manx Mix?
~ Brooke ~- Angel Queen

Her Highness

Purred: Thu Jul 8, '10 3:54pm PST 
Non pedigree cats can be spotted tabbies. Bengals are unique for their spot and rosette combination, among other things, and are definitely a very distinct breed that doesn't look like any other. Non pedigrees can also be born with a tail-less/stubby tail gene..

So your kitty is definitely a Domestic Shorthair (what they call non pedigrees), and his color is brown tabby! dancing
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jun 3 5:53 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.