Postings by Little Boy Blue PAWS

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Cat Health > How to best protect cats from getting lost
Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Mon Sep 9, '13 2:44pm PST 
That might be enough to make me get a smartphone. I'm not familiar in the least with smartphones, as my little flip phone does the job, but this sounds interesting, and possibly do-able. Anything that helps parents find their kids is worthwhile. Good luck with your project!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Sep 14 5:07 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Outdoor Enclosure
Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Sat Aug 24, '13 11:57am PST 
If you're really worried, try stapling some claw-proof screening over the lattice. A staple gun can be bought at any home improvement store, which might also have the claw-proof screen. If not, it can be ordered online. I have some on a screen door, and it IS claw-proof!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Midas, Aug 26 4:02 pm

Cat Health > Cat wont eat for 4 days.. please help!

Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Sat Jun 15, '13 8:34am PST 
A second opinion - NOW! A cat who doesn't eat is set up for hepatic lipidosis - fatty liver disease - which can be fatal. To the vet - NOW!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 15 6:03 pm

Cat Health > Declawing Rant!

Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Thu Mar 14, '13 9:11am PST 
Tigger, you make a good point about vets explaining the procedure; unfortunately, arrogant people aren't listening. When I asked my DIL's mother if she knew what "declawing" entails, she nodded her head and said, "Yes, the vet explained it." Personally, I think a truly ethical vet would refuse to do routine declawings, but they must think more of their bottom line than they do of the cats' health and comfort.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, Apr 7 8:25 pm

Cat Health > Declawing Rant!

Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Tue Mar 12, '13 3:38pm PST 
I went through this arguement in the fall when my son and DIL informed me that they were going to have their newly-adopted kitten declawed. My son was NOT brought up that way, and it shocked me that he defended it! When I was speaking with my DIL's mother (who advocates declawing), I asked if she knew that it entails amputation of bone, even laying my spread fingers out and indicating what's done. She said, yes, she knew; when I asked if she was ok with that, she smiled and nodded. I nearly vomited! The little girl was declawed and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Made me ill; I cried for her. She seems fine now, I admit, but I apologized to her when I catsit last week, telling her I tried to stop it.

Having a cat routinely declawed is nothing but a prime example of human arrogance, and I HATE it! I understand you don't want your furniture clawed up, but what's wrong with using humane methods? Many vets (including mine) won't perform the procedure, which should tell arrogant people something, but they're too high up in their own estimation to hear or listen.

Ok, end of *my* rant.
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, Apr 7 8:25 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Jack the Cat, lost by AA....found....and lost :(
Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Tue Nov 8, '11 7:59am PST 
Harvey, there is a list somewhere (I've lost the link)of "incidents" involving animals shipped in cargo. I didn't read it because I know I would't be able to tolerate knowing the horror. I do remember reading of one cat who was placed in cargo next to a large dog who, frightened, never stopped barking. The poor cat was DOA, probably from the stress. I know you're in Japan, and if you're thinking of relocating to the U.S., flying or sailing would be your only options, and either would be traumatic. No companion animal should ever fly in the cargo hold - dark, scary, noisy - I can't imagine the trauma. Good luck with whatever you decide.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 10 2:20 pm

Behavior & Training > I've got a biter

Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Sat Oct 29, '11 2:52pm PST 
I used to bite at Mom (though never broke the skin) if she touched me where I didn't want to be touched. Since it's sometimes necessary for Mom or the doctor to touch places like my paws, Mom taught me not to bite - every time she'd feel my teeth, she'd take just her index finger and tap me very quickly several times right on my nose! It didn't hurt at all, but, boy, was it annoying! I learned not to bite Mom!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tiki, Nov 21 3:22 pm

Cat Health > keeping kitties comfortable in hot apartment

Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 5:02pm PST 
You could try putting the biggest container you can find, filled with ice water, in front of a fan; that really cools the air!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lacey, Aug 26 7:03 pm

Behavior & Training > I need advice on my completely declawed 'mature' kitty...

Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Wed Jul 20, '11 7:35am PST 
Check ebay. My mom's gotten several from the people who build them. The last time she checked (quite a while ago), the builders would charge very little for the tree but make it up in shipping. You may well be able to get a really nice one that fits your budget.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Arthur, Jul 20 6:05 pm

Behavior & Training > Skin is not fur?
Little Boy- Blue PAWS

The Blue Dude

Purred: Mon Jul 11, '11 6:50am PST 
I kinda nip at my mom if she does something I don't enjoy - like pets me where I don't want her to. I don't do it as much now because when I did it, she'd take one finger and tap me on my nose half a dozen times. It didn't hurt, but it sure was annoying!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Dizzy, Jul 16 9:09 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.