Postings by Fredrick((In Loving Memory...

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Kitten Corner > MOM IS GOING TO MAKE ME GIVE UP FREDDY!
Fredrick((I- n Loving- Memory...

Can a Dog and a- Cat REALLY be- friends?

Purred: Sun Sep 2, '07 9:01pm PST 
Thanks for the help guys.

I bought Fred a small litter pan and placed it in an easy to find, secluded part in my bedroom, and he is confined their until I can fully trust him. No other cats or kittens have access to it, so I am doing good. I am just glad Firefly doesn't touch it either, you know dogs...Bleh, but she ignores it, and concentrates on getting him out of her bed, LOL.

Currently, I have recored the times he went to the litter box. Once before bed, once during the night, and this morning and afternoon I witnessed progress. Mom has calmed, but still growls everytime I put Freddy on the livingroom couch or on the floor. But she is observing my training and thinks he will use it non-stop at the age of four months. Now, he is making real improvement. I just didn't want him to live outside or go to another home where he might be treated badly.

So, and I am also getting a special "Kitten" litter for him, so he will want to use it more and often. At four months old, I will introduce him to the community comode...Hehe.

Thanks! But more tips won't hurt!

Thanks!

Love,
Freddy and Amber
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Priscilla Purr-S-Ley, Sep 4 12:21 pm

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 4:39pm PST 
Freddy is only 7 or 7 1/2 weeks old, not 5 or 6 wks.

Okay, she actually said if I wanted to keep him, he could stay, eat, sleep, play, and live in my room, and wasn't allowed out. I am thinking of buying a litter pan...Gah, now I have to buy Kitten food dry and wet, litter, and a grooming brush. Oh, and kitten shampoo.

We picked up equal amounts, because my brother has a kitten, Fred's sister, Fluffy and they both might be going all over, but Fred is in the house more than Fluffy since Nick, my brother, doesn't want to watch her.

Fred eats Wellness while she eats Purina....I have to buy all the stuff for my critters, from fish to guinea pig....
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Priscilla Purr-S-Ley, Sep 4 12:21 pm

Purred: Sat Sep 1, '07 1:12pm PST 
Catsters, I have a problem!

My kitten Fred doesn't use the litterbox and is going all over the house despite training. My mother is going to make me put him outside FOREVER or make me give him awaycry

I tried convincing her is only a itty bitty kitty, but she and I end up in a screaming match over him. He is soo INNOCENT! I have tried looking for training aid litters, like "Kitten Attract" but they don't sell in anywhere in my area! I don't want Freddy to live outside and get run over by a car OR have to go to live with someone else!!

I have tried different methods to get him into the litterbox, but it DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. I don't want my Freddy to leave me or be apart from me! She says I get two weeks to train him, or he is an offical outside cat, or someone else's charity case!!

Please help me!crycry

Fred.....and amber...cry
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Priscilla Purr-S-Ley, Sep 4 12:21 pm

Behavior & Training > Litterbox Woes

Purred: Fri Aug 31, '07 8:14pm PST 
Fred is my 7 1/2 to 8 week old kitten and I think he isn't grasping the litterbox. My mom nor I have seen him use it, and in my room I have a litterbox because at night I close my door to keep Smoky, Boogs, Fluffly, and Traffic out of my room, since they mess with Cheddar my guinea pig.

Fred needs to be a FULL TIME cat, but his litterbox skills are looking poor, and if my mom finds his latrine, I and my kitten will be strangled. I have tried putting him in it and scratching his paw for him, I put him in their after meals, but he plays in it. I have tried putting scents in the litter box it is NOT working....

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Fred and Amber

p.s. All the other cats get it, except Freddyshrug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sasha, Sep 5 8:27 pm

Food & Nutrition > Kittens and Canned Food

Purred: Thu Aug 30, '07 1:53pm PST 
With my pups and my kits I feed a dry and wet food mix. Freddy, Fluffy, and Traffic are my kit "kittens" and they eat Wellness Kitten Health mixed with those little cans of Wellness Kitten Grain-Free. Fred eats dry and wet, dry plain and wet plain.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Fredrick((In Loving Memory..., Aug 30 1:53 pm

Food & Nutrition > Fancy feast

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 3:59am PST 
Wellness Wet Grain free should taste better than Fancy Feast. Being grain-free it has a resemblence to deviled ham! Smells like it too and is more meat than fancy feast and should taste better...Nice and meaty!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Link, Aug 28 8:14 pm

Food & Nutrition > What grain free brands do you like?

Purred: Tue Aug 28, '07 3:54am PST 
I eat Wellness Kitten...Nice and tasty, very grain-free. But I also eat Wellness Kitten Health mixed in, which is a dry food! Tastes good if you ask me....
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Mista Clyde, Sep 17 7:34 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Rescued a kitten called Traffic...Boy do I have a story to tell[[part vent/part happiness]]

Purred: Mon Aug 27, '07 1:24pm PST 
Aww..Thanks Little Mommared face

We are getting her pics downloaded in 15 minutes...It takes a bit but we have got it!

I know. I wonder why people can hurt us animals...What did we ever do?Traffic never killed anyone, lied, stole from a store, commited any other kind of sin....She is an animal, and they can't really commit sins and know they did them!
I hope people like that driver, Micheal vick and the likes get what they deserve!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Lucky, Aug 29 9:45 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Rescued a kitten called Traffic...Boy do I have a story to tell[[part vent/part happiness]]

Purred: Mon Aug 27, '07 3:49am PST 
We are gonna make her Catster today..

I don't see why people hate us so much either....I wish I have a tazer gun...big grinShow them what pain feels like! At least theirs good semaratans(don't know how to spell it..) out their like Catsters and just plain good people!applause

Other people are nastyconfused
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Lucky, Aug 29 9:45 pm

Purred: Sun Aug 26, '07 7:25pm PST 
We currently have 5 cats; Four indoors and an outdoor. We currently added to new kittens into the household and we also have three dogs, two parakeets, fish, 2 hamsters, a guinea pig, and a feral dog in the nieghborhood.

Well, yesterday we went to the store and we stopped at a four way redlight. We stopped and saw a SHOCKING sight. A small black blurr was dodging out from under three cars. Brakes slammed and horns jarbed. Then a silver SUV pulled up and drove on. In its path was the blurr, a kitten about 5 months old.

The driver saw the cat but DIDN'T stop. Well we pulled over into a grocery store parkinglot and quickly hollared to the kitten who was seconds away from becoming roadkill. Thank God she heard us and she got away just in time, the driver looking angry as if HE wanted to kill the poor thing. She leapt into my mother's arms and we took her home.

She is a tortie Orientle Short-Hair mix...We decided to name her Traffic. But what bothers me about this is how the driver was going to run her down and kill her. She ran into a ditch, sprang out, then ran straight on the road, the driver speeding up to catch her and kill her.

Some people have cold hearts.

I just wanted to share her story, and now she is playing with a ball on the floor. She just had a meal of Wellness Dry Kitten with Grain-Free canned food.

Now we have 6 kitties! We bought another litterbox and we have plenty of room and food! Everyone is getting along so far, so it might be a great transition!

-
Traffic
Fred
Shadow
& their owner
Amber
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Lucky, Aug 29 9:45 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.