Postings by Ninja

GO!

Behavior & Training > How do you discipline a kitten?

Ninja

sneak attack

Purred: Tue Jun 26, '07 8:40pm PST 
When Ninja was a baby, he like to play with claws and teeth too. We had started out disciplining him using a squirt bottle. However, he likes water, so he would misbehave to get squirted. So, we began using this sort-of "eee" noise and corrected whatever behavior he was doing wrong. Now, whenever we make that noise he stops what he's doing. He plays without claws, doesn't bite hard, stays off the top of the frog cage and tables, and anytime we make the noise, he just stops.

You can also teach tricks. If you give a reinforcer you can encourage any behavior. Ninja fetches, comes when you call him, and begs by putting his paw on your shoulder (then waits patiently until he gets a treat).

Cats really aren't unlike dogs, you just have to be consistant.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 4 8:58 pm

Behavior & Training > I have a new friend, but we don't get along.
Ninja

sneak attack

Purred: Tue Jun 26, '07 8:16pm PST 
Okay, so my kitty Ninja is about 7 months old. We recently got a 10 week old kitten, but didn't know how to integrate them. Ninja got depressed, hides, throws up when he sees the new kitty, and wouldn't eat for 6 days, (he's eating now, but not very much, a couple bites). I began to look things up, and it turns out we were supposed to introduce them slowly, over the course of a week or two. We've since separated the kitten (thus Ninja ate).

My question is, do you think it's too late? We messed up and I hope that they can be friends eventually. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to make things better? Anyone go through anything similar?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mufasa, Jun 28 11:45 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.