Postings by Ona

GO!

Cat Health > losing patches of fur!!!

Ona

Trout killer

Purred: Sat May 13, '06 6:27am PST 
I have lost a lot of fur on my back end. My vet says it's stress related. I have been very sick this last year with breast cancer. I had all my mammory glands removed, but now I have a bad limp in the back leg. I have lost a lot of weight and mom doesn't know what's wrong.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Baby, May 14 8:57 am

Cats & Travel > moving
Ona

Trout killer

Purred: Sat May 13, '06 6:20am PST 
Lela and I moved four times while mom was in college and then another big move at the end, when we came down here to Brasil to be with dad. I was always the last thing to move. We were shut up in a room in our old house until all the furniture and everything was moved, and then mom brought us over and let us loose in a small area where there were places to hide under (like the bed). We figured out this was home pretty quick, although I prefered to stay under the bed until things stopped moving around. Lela was much more investigative and would dodge moving couches.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Hattie, May 14 4:37 pm

Cats & Travel > sedative for flying?

Ona

Trout killer

Purred: Sat May 13, '06 6:05am PST 
I have to vouch for the no sedative rout. I flew from Detroit all the way to Salvador (that's over 9000 miles and 21 hours worth of flight and travel time) with no sedative and I was fine. So was my pal Lela, who flew with me and was even more nervous than I was. If I can do that kind of trip with no sedative, I am sure you can handle a few hours. It's scary at first, and I was in the cargo hold (mom couldn't decide which of us would get to ride with her, so we went together instead - the airline would only allow one pet per passenger in the cabin), but once you get through the trip, it seems like it was much easier.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Xander, May 14 9:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.