GO!

Cats & Travel > High cost air travel!?!

Maxwell

Mad Max Beyond- Litterdome

Purred: Fri Mar 7, '08 7:06am PST 
Hello my good friends! I just wanted to post and let you all know that Kashmere, Szandor and I have arrived via the big white thing in the United States. My human mom says it cost $600 for our tickets on the big white thing, $100 for us to get a health certificate and $325 for us to stay overnight in some place called Milan, Italy. She said Milan has a quaranteen kennel fee. Just something to keep in mind should you ever travel to Italy with your fur children.
I arrived with a scratched up nose, Szandor has a bloody eye and Kashmere was covered in her food but otherwise we are safe and sound.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 7 10:51 pm

Maxwell

Purred: Thu Feb 7, '08 8:12pm PST 
Yes it's been a while since I've posted...haven't had computer access. We ended up having to leave Sicily without our cats but are vigorously attempting to get them here to the United States with us. I am just sick without my furchildren.
Maxwell's Mom

PS: We're basically forced to send them as "cargo" since we won't be flying with them...that is unless someone is planning a trip to Italy and wants to bring them back for me. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 7 10:51 pm

Maxwell

Purred: Mon Dec 31, '07 11:06am PST 
Oh my furballs! We're being moved from our home in Sicily, Italy because our human daddy is getting a new duty station in the United States again. Our human mom just found out the cost to fly us on a military flight is $92 each - not fainting yet even though there's 3 of us flying it's still not horrible. However, if for some reason we can't fly on the military flight - the military has the final say on how we all fly - and if we have to take a commercial flight on AlItalia Airlines the cost to fly us is 130 euro each cat....now I'm feeling faint and seeing starts. 130 euro? that's nearly $200 to fly with peoples luggage???? And we don't even get a movie or a blanket & pillow.
My human mom is broke and in tears over this whole high cost travel issue and my human daddy suggested to her the other night that maybe they should "get rid" of us...I don't even want to know what that means. My human mom says she's not giving up.
Does anyone know who we can talk to about these crazy prices? or does anyone know where we can get some help paying our way on the plane? We have to act super fast too...our plane is supposed to leave on January 7th!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Mar 7 10:51 pm

Cats & Travel > traveling for the first time

Maxwell

Purred: Mon Feb 27, '06 9:55am PST 
When we flew from California to Virginia, then on to Spain to our final stop in Sicily, Italy; we wern't able to ride in the cabin either. We got to ride above the luggage in a little room. We were checked in just like luggage at the ticket area where mom & our human kid got their broading passes. We didn't get to ride down that fun looking ride the luggage rode on; some really nice guy took us took the plane on a little motor cart. When we got to Virginia, we got to leave the plane first and went with another guy on a motor cart. He took us to a really nice lady who watched us until Mom came and picked us up. We were in a room inside the airport - I just asked mom what it's called and she said it's called Baggage Claim and it's where you would go if you lost luggage for your airline. She said the flight attendent at the airport you're flying in to should be able to tell you where to pick up your furbaby.
Don't forget to make sure your furbaby has it's shots - the airline will ask to see documentation especially for rabies. You'll need to have a hardshell carrier made for airplane travel too.
Mom and I agree that if it can be avoided, please try not to give your kitty tranquilizers or sedatives.
Have a smooth trip,
Maxwell
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 2 2:02 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Ideas Please

Maxwell

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '06 6:32pm PST 
We had a friend make us a stratching tower out of those tubes that carpet is rolled onto and carpet scraps. Your mom could probably do the same thing but hey, if she's ripping the carpet up maybe she can just use that carpet for your shelves.
Our mom visited a local carpet store and asked them to save us the carpet scraps they had and asked them if she could have one of those tubes.
She went to a lumber yard and asked them for scrap pieces of wood to make the platforms and different levels on our tower. Maybe your mom could ask for scraps to make the shelves and stairs. She could also maybe wrap a small step ladder with twine to use as the stairs. Twine is fun stuff. Remind her not to forget to hang toys from the shelves too!

Maxwell
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 25 3:01 am

Cats & Travel > Traveling in a RV?
Maxwell

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '06 6:08pm PST 
Oh that sounds like lots of fun, riding around in an RV!
Maybe your humans can spend a few days living in the RV with you before the big day of the trip, so you'll be used to the place. I bet if they bring your kitty supplies from the house you'll hardly notice the difference. I think the worst part will be hearing the engine start but I think if your on one of your humans laps or in a carrier when the engine starts then you'll feel safe. Maybe after living in the RV for a few days they can take you on short trips; like around the block or something so you get used to moving around in your new traveling home.
I bet you'll find a great hiding spot or two in there too! Let me know how it goes and all the sites you see.
Maxwell
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 26 7:33 pm

Cats & Travel > Any tranqulizer suggestions

Maxwell

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '06 5:53pm PST 
I've traveled alot and did a big airplane ride last year but I don't mind my carrier at all. I'm one of those cats that sits in the back window in cars. Anyway, If you can handle being covered up and traveling then I would say do that rather than taking medicine. I've heard that some kitties have had some pretty crazy things happen to them from taking medicine. Something I found out is that I used to cry alot when I first rode in the carrier but then my mom started taking me on more and more rides in the carrier and now I only have a little whining that I do for the first few minutes of any trip.
Iwould talk to your doctor about those things I mentioned. I say no tranquilizers!

Maxwell
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 5:53 pm

Cats & Travel > From Canada to Australia...can it be done?

Maxwell

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '06 5:19pm PST 
Hey Marlo,
Kashmere and I flew from California to Sicily, Italy last year. Boy, what a ride! I really didn't think it was that bad - we slept most of the trip. Mom got to see us before we took the big trip over the ocean and she fed us then. We went to the vet before we took the trip to make sure all of our shots were up to date and we got something called a microchip put in our ears.
I looked up on the internet with moms help and found a website for AQIS (Australlian Quarantine and Inspection Services) . It's www.affa.gov.au
The site has a picture of that Steve guy on it ...the guy that wrestles crocs. I like his show; he's amusing. Oh! maybe you can wrestle a croc and make some boots. That would be soooo cool.

I have to go now but email me anytime if you want to know more about taking that plane ride.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 5:07 pm

Behavior & Training > I love chewing on plastic bags!!!

Maxwell

Purred: Sat Feb 25, '06 10:51am PST 
I used to chew on plastic bags until my mom bought me kitty grass. Now I chew on that instead.
Wanna talk about strange habits? I like lickin' bread smile

Maxwell
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Apr 28 4:13 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.