Postings by Stormy 2000-2009

GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Laws & Legislation > About face book
Stormy- 2000-2009

Tall, Dark, and- Handsome.

Purred: Wed Mar 24, '10 8:40pm PST 
Well its possible that people can set up your account without knowing your password, but I would be suspicious and wonder if someone isn't using my account as many places do require a confirmation code they send to your e-mail or a link that they send.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Marie, Mar 31 7:51 am

Choosing the Right Cat > A new cat Maybe?
Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Thu Mar 18, '10 8:53pm PST 
Well Right now I probably won't be getting a cat for a while.

I was driving home from work one night just saw some head lights coming around the corner. I kept my hand on wheel made sure I rounded on my side but the other guy was on my side, we meet at the top of the hill and my car flipped into a ditch. I felt like I was a nightmare for a second. I had studied all semester to get the cert test I was going to take the next day. I haven't studied that hard for a cert test ever. I did not put the extra gas money out every Friday to go to school and study for this. I have told I was lucky to be alive. Though my life was just looking up and now I've been crushed. I was going to take this summer save up money for a new car and a cat which I thought. I'm going full time I can will have enough money my college bill is only going to be less than 150 each month and that was a lot less than expected. I was help paying off my school bills while I was in college only 75 a month and I had some financial aid help out which was a big help.

Now I have to think about insurance, how to finish up school. Continue working and find a new job. Lucky for me I'm not hurt badly 16 stitches from busted leg almost to the bone, and 5 stitches on my face which I had surgery to fix my fracture in my right check. Yeah I broke my face on garage door opener. Talk about a crazy year. I hope that someday I can look back on this time and say I made the best of it.

As for a cat, I still plan on a cat but I have to look at this new budget. I may have to put it off another year, or I may be able to afford one in a few months when this is over. I know I'm looking for personality. I do want a long hair cat if I get a long hair cat I am going to get "Furminator" to help keep shedding down. Getting a white hair cat is nothing like getting a ragdoll.

One: Friendliness we have Dogs and kids plus in my future the will probably be more cats.

Two: Size yes our dog is small but having a small cat around isn't good idea we don't expect Chi to jump all over her. But Chi is going to want to be all over this cat, and she is 9lbs. Size is more for parent pleasing its not necessary but we are aiming for a larger cat. Ragdolls are the biggest.

Three: Fur my parents hate the idea of shedding. I won't be living her forever a medium/long hair cat would be nice. I can keep up on hair care.

Lastly my parents don't want a jumper or a talker. If the cat is jumping on tables a lot that won't go over well if the cat chatters much my parents think that is annoying. My parents are probably the biggest influence on what cat I am getting. Believe me I mentioned a few unique breeds of cats that don't shed as much and they hate the looks of oriental looking breeds they like thicker cat. So talk about unreasonable demands is when you have to work with someone who likes long hair looks but doesn't want the long hair's shedding. I talked to them about all sorts they are old people and have old ideas of what breeds are like and even though I believe its changed they don't see that. Which honestly I'm okay because I like the long hair look and its more work to get it approved its what I want.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 18 8:53 pm

Kitten Corner > salt lake county animal services is giving cats over 6 months out for free!!

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Wed Mar 10, '10 8:42pm PST 
Our local humane society does that too, but its just the adoption fee is waived they still have license and microchip fees to pay. All and all it still runs around to about 30 bucks with small extra fees included. So they say free but really then mean 20-30 dollars. Which is still a lot less and something someone would consider when living on a fixed income or a small budget.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 10 8:42 pm

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Sun Feb 28, '10 5:37pm PST 
Well you have chosen a good argument, though the reason I choice the Ragdoll is partially due to my parents and their needs. I'm happy with about any domestic long hair cat. As for my family not so much, which is why I pursued that idea. I have decided recently that I'm not going to get a cat until I move out. Now that is not a solution to my cat wants its more of timing. I feel like its time to move out on my own. Though I may be singing a different tune when I see how much my bills are this fall. So I told my parents I will make these decisions after my school bills and new car bills come in and I see what I have to work with. I still believe that difference between breed cat and moggie is they do breed for personality traits and that breed cats lean closer to their standards as a Domestic is always going to have more random pairings of characteristics. Even though Long hair cats are known to be more laid back.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 18 8:53 pm

Ragdoll > Thinking about rescue

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Sun Feb 21, '10 8:00pm PST 
Yes I have realized that adopting a pure breed or one with mix is opening up issues that generally come from bad breeders. I've talked with many good breeders and honestly I can't see a good healthy Ragdoll ending up in a shelter unless its one in a million chance. So I will accept the fact that my cat may not be wise decision for my pocket book.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Feb 21 8:00 pm

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Sun Jan 24, '10 8:14pm PST 
Thanks a bunch on the information. It is really a lot of help. big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 18 8:53 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > new here, breeder question!

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Fri Jan 22, '10 8:29am PST 
They appear alright, Exotic is not a such common breed around our area and I am glad she test for some of the issues the breed has.

Though I've always heard the best thing is to visit the cattery and see for yourself the conditions and care the cats are getting. Also ask for the records of these test. On can say they are tested Negative but if no one checks that then who knows they are.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Jan 23 8:39 pm

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Sun Jan 17, '10 7:06am PST 
I was looking at Purina's insurance I was wondering if Cooppur had the Preventative plan. I think I will check it out a little bit more. I thought about it but now that I'm thinking about the math a bit more and considering the how much savings and it seems like a good Idea now that I think about it.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 18 8:53 pm

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Sat Jan 16, '10 11:10pm PST 
Yeah I've been talking about pet plans. Age limit is good deciding factor, but I also saw an issue with what is covered some cover just about everything as others don't cover more common issues.

http://www.petinsurancereview.com/cat.asp

This is a site recommended to me by another cat lover.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 18 8:53 pm

Stormy- 2000-2009

Purred: Fri Jan 15, '10 11:03pm PST 
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/LearnToBudget/how -much-should-you-spend-on.aspx

Just a link to the article. I'm kinda into finances not to say I don't have my own problems as small as they are now, considering my finances I had just started recently best to start on good foot than try to get on it later.

I figure if I save up 5,000 for rain day like car broke down or vet bill I should be on right track considering this summer I will be saving up for down payment on a car and back up for a rainy day. I figured I should try to save up enough to pay for 3 months worth of spending including bills in case something does happen so that way I can get and idea of how ideal a cat would be now. Something like that. After all I read one Reader's Digest saying you should have money to tell your boss off if it ever came to making that decision or possibility of losing a job which I'm not going to want either to happen but best prepare for 2nd worst than be completely unprepared.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Stormy 2000-2009, Mar 18 8:53 pm

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.