GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > Heart Murmur?
Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 7:40am PST 
Good morning friends.

I don't know that I've ever made a post before...but anyway - I'm 3yrs old, very affectionate and talkative. Mommy took me and my brother Lexy to the vet this morning. The lady told my mommy it sounds like I have a heart murmur and she wants to schedule an ultrasound to see what level it is and what meds I will need.

Does anyone else have a heart murmur and if so, what should mommy expect?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Miss JoJo Louise, Aug 1 7:05 am

Cats & Travel > RAMBO MADE IT - He\'s been safely moved
Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Mon Aug 28, '06 9:30am PST 
Well thank you - it was a nice trip. I've found some comfy spots in the new apartment and now I can watch the birds/squirrels/chipmunks from the patio sliding doors without them running away, it's so nice. And the air conditioning - OH WOW!! I never knew life could be this good...it really is great.

Lexy is still a grouch but it could still be him healing over having surgery on his anal glands (giggles)...I just want someone to play with, that's all!!!

Thanks again everyone...much purrrs to you all smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rambo, Aug 28 9:30 am

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Wed Aug 23, '06 5:15am PST 
Thanks Hannah - I never would have thought of "don't scold them when they hiss" I by all means do not hit them, but I have been clapping my hands and saying the name firmly...but I will try what you suggested and see if there is any change.

Today they have seemed to improve a little bit, instead of Lexy HISSING or HOWLING whenever Rambo's in sight it seems now it's only when he makes sudden movements. Because of the worry with them possibly spatting I've been putting Rambo up in my little brothers room with some food, water and litter and of course when that's done Lexy turns into a whole different cat - vocal and touchy feely. But I'm guessing that habit needs to be broken or else Lexy will get used to it and expect it....ahhh the wait begins smile
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Rambo, Aug 28 9:30 am

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Tue Aug 22, '06 5:13pm PST 
Tinker Bell, Rambo, Flower and Kitty Kitty's mom:

It was a nice easy 3hr car ride - we arrived in Birmingham (from ATL) at 8:30 pm last night. He was a very sweet boy and didn't do MUCH crying, as long as I had my fingers through the holes on the carrier door he was content and he also eventually realized that yesterday's car ride was much longer than the vets.

The ONLY downfall is - Lexy is not tooooo happy about him being here. Any tips on how to get them re-aquainted and possibly able to put up with one another -vs- howling and hissing!?! Luckily no paws have been thrown....yet
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Rambo, Aug 28 9:30 am

Cats & Travel > Tranquilizer Alternative

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Sun Aug 20, '06 12:45pm PST 
Is it possible to find the CONTENT or Feliway at Petsmart???
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ele' - Elphaba Harriott, Aug 22 1:18 pm

Cat Health > Comfy recovery from declawing
Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Sun Aug 20, '06 12:44pm PST 
Izzy you are very correct. The laser surgery isn't as gruesome and painful as the one shown on the internet where they only use nail clippers and rip out the flesh...

I didn't have to be wrapped with gauze and placed on 'handicap' for 2 days...this is such a speedy recovery and much much easier to heal from.

I'll post this again - THIS DOES A LOT OF EXPLAINING FOR THE LASER SURGERY:

http://www.angelfire.com/hero/declawok/
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Elisabeth Ann, Aug 20 4:51 pm

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Sat Aug 19, '06 1:27pm PST 
Thanks again for all your sweet words - I will pass along all your sweet wishes to my grandmother too!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Elisabeth Ann, Aug 20 4:51 pm

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Sat Aug 19, '06 6:19am PST 
I again, appreciate all of your responses - both educational and supportive. I'm feeling good this morning, was even playing tag with my aunt Tinker Bell, now I am sleeping under the bed. It's so weird how quickly I grew acustom to the INSIDE smile ahhh the life is nice, not having to worry about bugs flying around me, not being hot and especially not having feral cats try and steal my food!!

I'll have to admit I don't prefer the Yesterday's News because it doesn't cover the scent of my poopie as well, but only a few more days and I'll be able to use the nice stuff like Tinker Bell. Of course I'm used to going in the sand outside in the woods and in the soil under the new plants ::giggles:: so anything works - but these pellets are just pewwie!!

Thank you all for your words of wisdom!! I forgot to mention, please pawray for my grandmother too - she has to have her uterus removed on Monday - she's 44 and the Dr. said she had too frown . I know mommy is worried, that's why when we go to visit grandmother, that's when she's taking me - she'll have to be out of work for 4 weeks so it'll be a good time for all of us to be re-acuqainted.

Lots of puuurrs,
Rambo
[notify]

» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Elisabeth Ann, Aug 20 4:51 pm

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Fri Aug 18, '06 12:46pm PST 
Lucky Boo,

I thank you for respecting my opinion, as I respect all of yours. I understand both sides to the situation and my decision, but as you were able to see - it was in the best interest for Rambo and since he's been home, there's been nothing to worry me. He's actually a lot sweeter than he was prior to leaving, lol but it was probably because he missed us. They didn't have to shave his paws and there were no bandages, the area where the phalanx was located is very clean - as you have obviously seen the laser surgery is much better in that there's is hardly any swelling, low pain (if any) and no bleeding. I can't imagine anyone NOT wanting to buy their pets pain medicine, I'm all over it - I went the extra mile for Rambo and not only paid for his hospital meds up front but also his home meds (I wanted the vet to know I wanted him to be taken care of right away) not that giving them money earlier would have made much difference, but I felt better about it knowing I had already covered the cost.

From Rambo - I'm glad you survived the snake bite!! Mommy was so worried about me when she saw my leg was all swollen and limp, the vet even mentioned if they were going to have to do the venom shot it would be $1,000 - he mentioned something that there wasn't a "special" shot for animals, they actually use the same one for humans. Luckily the anti-biotics took care of that problem and there have been no crazy side effects!!

P.S. I LOVE BEING AN INSIDE KITTY smile
[notify]

» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Elisabeth Ann, Aug 20 4:51 pm

Rambo

I'm cuter than- Sly

Purred: Fri Aug 18, '06 11:52am PST 
The vet suggested I use Yesterday's News for about 10-14days, they said the only reason they suggest it over regular litter for the first few days is so the clay balls don't get stuck on or around the area where the laser was.

My brother didn't have to use any special litter, but then again everyone is different...
[notify]

» There has since been 34 posts. Last posting by Elisabeth Ann, Aug 20 4:51 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.