Postings by Miranda

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Senior Cats > Senility
Miranda

I\'m so pretty!- Oh so pretty!!

Purred: Wed Sep 28, '11 7:52pm PST 
Hi Every Kitty! I am a 20 year old lady and recently have been acting a little strange. I meow at the top of my lungs, seem to forget where my food is (Mom feeds me in the bathroom by myself so the other kitties don't pick on me) and try to beat up our Beagle shrug I had lost weight but then Mom started feeding me more smaller meals during the day and that really helped, I am holding my own at 7 lbs way to go

Mom says I have every right in the world to be a little senile, and since I seem happy in every other respect and my check ups are good, she is just going to put up with my MEOWING, getting lost and trying to beat up the dog.

Just wondering if any other cat is also acting a little different due to age?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Patricia, Jun 17 1:15 pm

Cat Health > Heart Murmur
Miranda

Purred: Sun Oct 3, '10 10:33pm PST 
I have a grade 4 heart murmur and I am 18 yrs old! Have had it for years and have no other problems. shrug I eat Fancy Feast cause thats all I like and Mom says at my age I should get what I like big grin I don't take any meds or anything and I beat up the other kitties regularly (I am a little cranky old lady) laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Miranda, Oct 3 10:33 pm

Cat Health > Settle a cat's stomach?

Miranda

Purred: Thu Sep 30, '10 4:08pm PST 
when I vomit a lot I take 1/4 tablet of pepcid, don't ever give pepto to a cat!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Maizy , Oct 6 11:36 am

Cat Health > Constipation

Miranda

Purred: Wed May 26, '10 10:05pm PST 
Mom talked to our vet today and he suggested a bowl of milk big grin since most cats are lactose intolerant he said it might do the trick. I did poop quite a bit yesterday in my tub of course after Mom gave me petromalt twice. I was just thinking does anyone use metamucil? high fiber food? or anything more natural to get us to "go"?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Stinky Brave Angel (2001-2010), May 28 12:26 pm

Cat Health > Constipation

Miranda

Purred: Tue May 25, '10 8:50pm PST 
Hi I am a little old lady cat named Miranda and lately I haven't been going poop much shrug I am still eating and Mom is giving me petromalt, but do any other elderly kitties have this pawblem? I usually refuse any kind of food except for Fancy Feast and once in awhile Wellness turkey. I quit using the litter box and use the tub now, Mom says that is OK cause its easier to clean. The younger cats don't bug me in there either. Also Mom can keep an eye on me and my poops and pees better that way laugh out loudlaugh out loud

I was just curious if you are an older cat with old lady pawblems like constipation, what do you do? Mom will ask my v-e-t when she takes our beagle in to see him for a yearly check-up tomorrow. I had one a month ago but wasn't having poopy pawblems then shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Stinky Brave Angel (2001-2010), May 28 12:26 pm

Cat Health > Any kitty out there with a slight heart murmur?
Miranda

Purred: Sat Jan 23, '10 12:29pm PST 
I have a heart murmur and am not on any medications for it. I am 17 or 18 now and going strong!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Stella, Jan 23 2:06 pm

Cat Health > Broken tooth!!!

Miranda

Purred: Wed Nov 4, '09 9:41am PST 
I broke off 2 of my fangs a few years ago and ended up at the vet. He did a dental on me and pulled almost all of my teeth (I am an old lady cat) and I am doing just fine now!!

The broken tooth could get infected and the rest of it probably needs to be pulled. Good luck!! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ray-Ray, Nov 4 7:46 pm

Cat Health > Teeth cleaning/possible extraction

Miranda

Purred: Mon Jun 1, '09 8:55pm PST 
I broke off 2 of my canines a few years ago and Mom was a wreck when I had to go have the roots extracted and Dr George wanted to clean the rest. My bloodwork was good and I was on an antibiotic first and had 10 pulled total. I also have had a heart murmur that has been steadily getting worse so Mom was really worried! But today I am fine! I eat nothing but wet food and am going strong!! way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Miss Puff , Jun 5 8:58 pm

Cat Health > Help, Teeth being pulled

Miranda

Purred: Mon Feb 18, '08 7:23am PST 
I only have 3 teeth left and I eat anything I want! Its amazing but I can eat the small pieces of kibble and I eat all canned.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Horus, Feb 18 8:53 am

Food & Nutrition > Wet food issues
Miranda

Purred: Tue Dec 11, '07 6:44pm PST 
Hi! I have about 4 teeth left, too, and I amaze Mom by eating dry food as a snack! It has to be really small kibble bits though.
We eat canned twice a day and Mom feeds us all on small paper plates. I never finish what I get cause it is hard cause it sticks to the bottom of the plate and without teeth its too darned hard to pick up! But I get enough and Mom usually feeds me 3 times a day instead of the twice that the other cats here eat.

When she puts it on the plate she cuts it up into bitesize pieces. With the Innova and Evangers pheasant thats easy to do.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Miranda, Dec 11 6:44 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.