GO!

Cat Health > My cat has a fever after fel leuk Vaccine

ShuShu

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 5:13pm PST 
Unfortunately it was just one shot, just the fel leuk! But since I posted this morning, she is getting a little better. Still not quite herself but she's back to her regular habits just doing them slower than usual. I feel better now! smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 10 5:13 pm

Senior Cats > Senior Appetites
ShuShu

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 12:05pm PST 
I know this is an old thread but in case anyone with the same problem reads it I will add that my two seniors (gone now) definately started losing their normally varacious appetites and started losing weight around age 13-15. However, one of them lasted still (thin) until she was 22, and the other one ended up having Hyperthyroid issue and died at 17.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Abbi, Apr 11 11:02 am

Senior Cats > My Louie is gone and needs some wings

ShuShu

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 11:59am PST 
I'm so sorry for the loss of your special Louie. When I lost my seniors a few years ago it helped me to look at their pictures and to think of all the memories I had with them.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Muffy, May 28 3:45 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Fur everywhere

ShuShu

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 11:54am PST 
He could be shedding more because it's that time of year (spring). Even if you don't live in a cold climate like I do it still gets a bit warmer this time of year in all areas of the world.

I try to brush my cat (the furminator is the best invention!) a little bit every day and it tends to lessen slightly the amount of fur she sheds.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by bed Snatchers, Apr 21 11:01 am

Cat Health > My cat has a fever after fel leuk Vaccine

ShuShu

Purred: Wed Apr 10, '13 10:58am PST 
Shu shu had her vaccine 2 days ago. Yesterday I came home from work and noticed she was very lethargic and not eating. I called vet and they suggested I bring her in. She had a fever of 44 celcius! (normal cat temp is 39!) They gave her a shot of steroid to reduce swelling and inflammation and a shot of antihistimine. They said she should start getting better in a few hours. Since then she has slept almost the whole time, still seems warm to the touch, has eaten and drank a bit, walked around and got out of her sick bed and spent about half an hour in her favourite perch by the window (but FELL when trying to get down!!)

The vet gave me some steroid pills to feed her twice a day for the next 4 days and suggested I also give her baby gravol.

I called vet again today, and they said that it may take a few days for her to get better and that I should just watch and wait. So hard for me to do. They said if she gets worse, then bring her in again.

She's not getting worse, but not getting much better.

Has anyone else gone through this? It's so hard to watch her like this! frown
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 10 5:13 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.