GO!

Other Meows & Purrs > COOLEST NAMES

Taffy AKA- "Turd- Ferguson"

Loverboy

Purred: Fri Mar 1, '13 4:05am PST 
My human kid named me when she was 9 and I was a stray kitten outside. She thought for sure I was a girl kitty and thought Taffy sounded like a cute little girl kitty name. Then she found out I was a boy and mom wanted to change my name to a tougher sounding name, but she refused. I do have the nickname "Turd Ferguson", but mom is not sure WHY daddy and the other teenage kid started calling me that. I do poop when I'm scared, it could be part of the reason why. thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jun 16 5:13 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > My Butt Stinks, and I Fling Litter Everywhere

Loverboy

Purred: Sun Jan 13, '13 6:54am PST 
That is great advice about getting a big storage crate to use as a littler box. My husband's aunt has 5 cats, and she has several of these, some with lids, some without (for the scaredy cats who won't go in enclosed ones) and she swears by them. She has bought every litter box out there and she prefers the big storage container with the door cut out high enough so that when they are inside digging to China, that it doesn't get flung out....or not as much anyway. She puts the entire giant box of litter...like the 35-40 pound one, and then scoops it several times a day. Not sure how often she does a complete change out, I think she said she can go almost two weeks....sometimes longer since she has several of these, so I guess they don't "fill up" as fast.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , May 11 4:03 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Need to Clean Cat Tree

Loverboy

Purred: Fri Jan 4, '13 4:10pm PST 
I know this was posted a while back, but I wanted to let you know that my mom cleaned my cat tree with the furminator that she uses to brush out my very thick maine coone coat. I know this is not the same as what the original poster asked about, which was about killing the germs, but I thought I'd pass this tid bit of info on. First, she tried a shop vac, with no success, then tried using a fork to dig all of the fur off of the tree, when dad asked "what about that thing that you brush the cats with?" So mom got the furminator out and you would not believe how all of that cat hair came off the tree! It looked brand new! I'm thinking some of you cat people out there probably already know this trick, but I thought I'd share it in case someone didn't realize the wonderful trick!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 7 3:21 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.