Postings by socks

GO!

Kitten Corner > leaving a very clingy kitten home alone to go to work... :(

socks

Purred: Sun Oct 28, '12 3:58am PST 
quick update - socks went to a recommended vet last week for HIS (yes the mommys owner got it wrong) first shot - hes very healthy, no worms, everything is fine..

I think he has an excess of energy from lazing around all day when I am away, and he refuses to entertain himself. If im not holding whatever it is he's playing with, he loses interest very quickly.. apart from that all is good...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by socks, Oct 28 3:58 am

socks

Purred: Sun Oct 7, '12 8:03pm PST 
she's 2 months old and I beleieve although she seems to show no signs of them.. she hasnt been wormed - I should look into this as a preventive measure.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by socks, Oct 28 3:58 am

Behavior & Training > My Cat Bites a lot & Chews Wired

socks

Purred: Fri Oct 5, '12 7:22am PST 
I have had immediate improvements using bitter apple spray.. Started using it 3 days ago and she doesn't bite them any more...
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 17 5:12 am

socks

Purred: Fri Oct 5, '12 7:16am PST 
Yes, she is lounging around all day waiting for me to come home, then she has a long play session gradually culminating into a bit of a frenzy... Then naps on my desk til beditime.. I am very glad she can sleep all night though..

One thing I worry about is that she is totally inactive all day, (I check on her via webcam at work) she just sits in a cardboard box that she chose and does nothing except go to the toilet.. I am a bit concerned that she Doesnt attempt to play with anything unless I am with her...

Also, she has developed a few naughty traits.. She meows once or twice very long and loudly, then leaps at the curtains and the wall. I put bitter apple spray on the bottoms but she continues to do if, I wonder if it's out of being bored all day...apart from that she is being very well behaved..
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by socks, Oct 28 3:58 am

socks

Purred: Mon Oct 1, '12 6:18am PST 
well, she was fine, she dozed in her play box all day,i but BOY is she super energized tonight! played with her for 3 hours straight.. im more tired than she is....
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by socks, Oct 28 3:58 am

socks

Purred: Sun Sep 30, '12 6:46pm PST 
thankyou all - i have read so much that i have pretty much done everything apart from get a soft toy - i left several teeshirts on the spots where she sleeps and even slept with her blanket last night to leave a scent - i left my iphone at home playing the radio, and she has plenty of toys, boxes, paper bags, you name it!- i found one of those soft toys with the heart - i ordered it online yesterday, as they are imported, they aren`t cheap in japan!

I set up a webcam as well so i can skype in and watch her at work..

thankyou for the reassurance..
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by socks, Oct 28 3:58 am

socks

Purred: Sat Sep 29, '12 11:51pm PST 
hi all - i adopted a very affectionate little darling yesterday, she's adjusting to her new home ok, she's playing eating, drinking, but if i'm out of sight she cries so much..

I left the house to get a hot water bottle to see if it would keep her in her basket - when i got back 15 minutes later she was crying so much.. she was in her bed with the hot water bottle for a while but now shes back sleeping at my feet...

I'm actually getting sick with worry about leaving her alone for my dayjob...

while buying her a hot water bottle, i also check for alarm clocks , as i read the ticking soothes them, as if it were a heart beat.. but all the ones they had were silent - the staff must have thought i was nuts holding each one to my ear..

i know this may be a common question, but what can i possibly do to alleviate her loneliness while i do my dayjob?? i guess i could come home at lunchtime to check on her, but.. im still worried about stressing a kitty in a new environment thats only been away from her mom and siblings 2 days..

anyone have similar experiences and possible ideas?...?

sock's dad.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by socks, Oct 28 3:58 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.