GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Does feliway work?
Gizmo

Purred: Fri Dec 14, '12 10:19am PST 
We have not had any urination problems here...thank gosh, but Feliway works very well, to help kitty relax , it works wonders with our three cats who were scratching the furniture a bit and bickering allt after our youngest cats arrival, we also use it when the house is busier or when we go away for a period of time.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 17 4:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Agressive behavior in four mo old kitten
Gizmo

Purred: Sat Dec 8, '12 5:23am PST 
AWW! im so glad things are getting better, yeah they usually do mellow out gradually, thanks for getting back to us! love to all, from us
Natasha, Batfink, Gizmo and Roguey Puss !!dancingcheer
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 1:42 pm

Behavior & Training > I Saw Something Really Horrid Today

Gizmo

Purred: Fri Dec 7, '12 2:00am PST 
I honestly dont know what to say, apart from, well done for speaking up about it i know it mustve been hard for you!
What a large household you have, its going to be hard for everyone to get on i bet!
The Sad truth about this is that he thinks its acceptable to hit his cat like that, and hes clearly not educated enough to understand that it is wrong. Inflicting pain on animals is wrong, end of.
Apart from offering the cat a space with you in your room away from him and some love and attention i dont know what you could do?
I understand you are fearful and anxious , and i bet your screaming inside! Have you anyone you speak to that you could relay this to and perhaps they could say something else on your behalf?
I ended up with my kitten gizmo, because one of my friends had an unexpected litter of kittens and she neglected them to the point they were covered in fleas, not wormed and underweight, I said to her, i had a problem with the way she treated her cats, we fell out, two weeks later, i heard she had given away gizmos siblings , and she couldnt get rid of gizmo, she planned to give him to a shelter at eight weeks old. WELL, i marched over to her house , went in, picked gizmo up, told her i was disgusted and i was taking him home and then marched on home with a flea ridden little fluff ball.
Its sometimes easy to step in and change a situation, but its not always, and because you all have to live together its going to have to be diplomatic.
Try and get his kitty to trust you, offer some treats and a warm lap, and perhaps you ould be her refuge while your staying together....no words or confrontation required???
Hope you are okay?!

Natasha
Gizmo, Batfink, and Rogue xxx
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 2:00 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > The Most adorable video...EVER????

Gizmo

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 3:38am PST 
Aww i cannot post it?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 29 3:38 am

Gizmo

Purred: Sat Nov 10, '12 1:55pm PST 
Okay,i see!
I know, its stressful! your Boyfriend ,and yourself must be pretty miffed off and tired at the moment so please dont make any descisions just now.
Im going to put down some thoughts,because i can relate to your situation, when i read this to my boyfreind he had a giggle (i know its not funny but he had the same problem with both of our male cats so he can realate too) and i dont want you to think im being condesending!
Your kitty is still really young, and to be fair....he has alot to learn about how to be a ''good'' house kitty.
Ok, so the feet under the bed sheets...its really easily solved! honest!
It takes a couple of trys...or days for kitty to click on but have a go and percevere with it...

1-dont let kitty play with, attack, stalk or pounce on your hands or feet (simple huh hahah NOT!) i know, i still fall into the trap !
2-When your kitty hurts your hands or feet, pick him up, or move away from him saying NO!!! Dont shout but use a clear affirmative tone.
3-offer him a toy instead. When i go to bed my crazy kitten follows me through...but im always prepared with a toy ...so when Gizzy pounces up for his last play of the day hes not after my feet, Try to tire him out before you sleep that way kitty is less likely to annoy you while getting some well needed rest.

So hes also scratching your furniture and generally just being a little TERROR, unfortuately alot of this can and will be put down to him being very young, but the bonus to that is that he is still very young!!! Cats are alot better learners in their first few months so start now by letting him know what is acceptable and what is not.
Scratching is a natural behaviour so all you need to do is make sure he knows where to do it heres a few ideas.

1-put the scratcher(s) you want him to use in a place easily accessible and frequented by the cats.
2- One thing i knooow cats hate is to snag thier nails on fabrics...so find the places hes using to scratch that you dont want him to and cover it completely in something he will hate....loosely woven netting such as net curtains for example....get it all covered or hidden away.
3-one of the best things you can do is to praise praise prasie and praise again when your kitty does use the scratcher he is suppossed to...he will soon recognise this is a good behaviour with a reward such as a treat or some soft words and a stroke (treats work best!! haha)
4- Try to make your scartchers as inticing as posible put treats on or in them, hang toys all around it etc...or try different types.Alot of cats like to have a stretch and a scratch after waking so try calling him over to the scratcher so he can use it after a cat nap.

So really i do know it is soooo dificult when you see thier tiny faces and have such stress and worry because of the chaos they are causing but its all about adjustment, we ourselves growing up have to learn about how to act in a sociabally acceptable way....we are taught..where to go to the toilet, what language to use, how to behave in certain situations and we are mostly taught this by our parents and by the people we grow up with such as teachers and other authority figures....you are the authority in your household and youve got the power and sometimes frustratingly the responsibility to teach him what is acceptable behaviour. I am not for one second saying that you are not trying and that your are shirking responsibilty im just trying to encourage you to sit it out, and to be patient, He will learn, and things will get better, and also.....its coming up to the time when he is due to be neutered....so things are going to get better and more harmonious....put it this way...my partner was raving two months ago about Gizmo being a little S*** and a pain in the bum....looking over at my sofa right NOW....and they are cuddling quite the thing! HA!laugh out loud
Hopefully this will help a bit, feel free to vent here, about it and will try and come up with ways to help!
Hope you are well , and hopefully having a good nights sleep.

--Natasha, Gizmo, Batfink and Roguey Puss.x wave
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 1:42 pm

Gizmo

Purred: Sat Nov 10, '12 4:31am PST 
We have the same issue at home with our newest addition. It reached its peak when Gizmo was around four months old, and is now starting to ease off a bit, It did start as playful wrestling, but the bigger he got, the more my other two would not tolerate it...i guesse the cute factor wore off!
In our case it was very much just Gizmos way of affirming his place in our cat clowder and working out some dominance issues, things have and i think they will settle for you too. Now adays, Gizmo has taken his place in the middle of the heirarchy between my older male at the top and my elderly female at the bottom, there is still the occasional spat or bat to the face, from my older kitties, but gizmo takes it in his stride with his tail held high. As time has progressed things have become more harmonious and all three sleep together its a very delicate system and they will work it out. When things get a bit rough and there is hissing or yowling, try clapping or making a short distracting noise, this usually takes attention away from the cats disagreement for long enough that they usually dispell. Keep an eye on them though, and i wouldnt suggest trying to break up wrestling matches with your bare hands...ouchee....i learned the hard way.
Good luck
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Dec 10 1:42 pm

Cat Health > Gizmo rushed to the vets today...... and they gave me Metacam!!!

Gizmo

Purred: Tue Sep 11, '12 10:28am PST 
Aww I Loved all Apollos photos!! Especially the one where hes hiding in the foliage! Hes got that...oh no they found me look on his face.Sorry for his passing.
An update on Gizzy....
Well, as i type ,Gizmo is running about chasing his mousy ....like a blur of flying fur! He only had two doses of metacam in the end as, on day 2 he improved dramatically and was back to his old self, Hope you are all well!!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 11 7:14 pm

Gizmo

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 8:17am PST 
Hello, yeah, Ludo i think thats the general consensus that its the only option, Gizmo keeps getting brighter and brighter so i dont think he will need to take very many doses at all , he even played with his ''mousy'' in his cage! in fact i can see him having one last dose tommorrow and i will stop it, thats two doses in total, im sure that would be safe enough, but noticed no side effects so far anyways.
Thank you for your advice Merlin, i have phoned before visiting back here to check in and let her know how Gizmo is getting on, she says she Gizmo is definately safe not to worry. Ive managed to lift him into his litter box ...success. empty bowel and bladder, hes now curled up in his cage, happy and purring. thank you very much Ludo and Merlin for your responses, ive got absorbent sheets at the bottom of his cage already but i think he will let me know when its time to go!!! Thank you again guys!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 7:14 pm

Gizmo

Purred: Sun Sep 9, '12 5:42am PST 
Hello catsters,Gizmos Mummy here,its Sunday 1.30pm here, and ive been up all night!
Last night, Gizmo came through with a limp just as i was getting into bed, we feared the worst and he was in alot of pain,and he screamed and flinched when i went near his leg,he seemed a bit lame and lethargic after a while,i checked him over, found no wounds...nothing.i really thought he had fractured his leg, i couldnt get hold of any vets in the area at that time,i finally managed to get hold of my vet and she drove from her early morning Gym session to the practice to meet me,Yawn,we waited outside for an hour!!!! Gizmo was sedated, examined and x rayed, turns out hes got a small break in his toe...pain relief and rest are prescribed.....she brings out the metacam....and im worried so i ask if there is any other pain relief available, she says not for his size, she re assures me that he will be fine, and i only intend to give him the smallest dose for the shortest amount of time. So we are home now, and its been a LONG night for us both, and i was so stressed and worried about him, hes so small! i lay watching him all night, drinking coffee to stay awake. Gizmo is to stay in his cage and rest, hes still a bit dopey but alot brighter than last night now and is happily chomping on some plain boiled chicken and a nice drink of water after his scary trip to the vets. Do you catsters think it will be safe enough for Gizmo to have pain relief for a couple of days? He weighs 2.4kg. Also any ideas on how to get him to use his litter tray would be helpful as he hasnt been to the toilet snce last night. purrs xxx yawn xxx
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 7:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Constantly licking!!!
Gizmo

Purred: Wed Sep 5, '12 1:49pm PST 
Hahah Gizmo is a licker too, started on the tip of my nose, i let him do a little then i move away and say ''ouch'' he usually gets the hint.
Ive got a red raw patch of skin on my face but im proud of it!! hahah hope you are well. Purrs xx
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 5 3:37 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.