Postings by Phillipe

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > Pooping beside the litter box
Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Wed Nov 6, '13 7:46am PST 
Hi Tiikeri, Phillipe has been doing the same thing. It started about a month or 2 before we got married.. I figured that it was bc of all the commotion, etc. We got married, left him with a sitter for about a week and nothing! He went in every day. we came home and he still went in his box, adn now he keeps going outside again. The trouble some part is.. he'll go in his box for a smaller poop and then the next day take a larger poop outside.. So random. I clean his box as much as possible.. And we just had a full work up at the vet and no medical reason. I think he's just being a jerk! shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sunday, Nov 6 11:54 pm

Cats & Travel > Need help transporting a special needs kitten from NJ USA to Calgary AB, Canada.
Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Tue Jul 16, '13 9:01am PST 
Hello, I'm sorry I dont have an answer for you, but just wanted to say that i think you are a great person for adopting these special needs cats. Good luck and I wish you the best of luck.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Coal, Aug 2 8:25 pm

Cat Health > Pooping outside box

Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Tue Jul 16, '13 8:49am PST 
Hi Everybody, Its been awhile since i've visited which is good news because Phillipe has been doing so great. Some of you may remember that Phillipe is on medication for heart failure and asthma. However, he has been doing great. He is loving, active, healthy appetite everything! Now he is due for a check up to make sure his medications are not affecting his kidneys or anything else, but we are very tight on money and i'm hoping to avoid a vet trip.

BUT - the past 2 weeks he has been consistently pooping outside of his box. Typically when he has done this, it seems we left him for too long or something, but now it is when we are home, and this morning after he used his box to pee, he followed me around the apartment and pooped in the kitchen while i was standing right there. And the little guy stared at me while he did it! All that I've read said to take him in for a check up to rule everything out, which i will do if necessary but I am curious if anybody else has had this problem or what could be up with him?

Also, this morning when he did it, i yelled at him and picked him up and put him in his box, which he didn't go in.. he just ran away from me. Was i too tough on him? How can i discourage this behavior in the future?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Groucho, Jul 18 6:04 am

Cat Health > Asthmatic Cat- Alternive to inhaler while we go on vacation?

Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 12:49pm PST 
Phillipe is on an inhaler too! He was on it twice a day, but did so much better once i began they lowered me to once a day.

I found a pet sitter who was once a vet tech, may be worth looking around locally. Fortunately Phillipe is extremely food driven so anybody with some tuna fish will get him to come out..

Is there a snack that will prompt him out from hiding? Maybe you can try having your friends lure him out to acclimate him to strangers? You may be surprised what tuna will do! I suspect the vet will say that it is not good to not give him his inhaler, it could lead to a bad attack and you will not be there to care for him if he has one frown

Any more questions pls let me know. Phillipe has been on his inhaler since April I never thought he would warm up to it, but he is SUCH a good boy about it now, i can't believe it.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Jan 24 9:53 pm

Cat Health > HELP!!! Out of atenolol...pharmacy didn't deliver, don't know what to do :(

Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Thu Jan 3, '13 12:44pm PST 
I hope Mutzi is ok!! My little man has a heart condition and asthma.. if you ever want to talk, let me know. Also, I use Pet Meds for all his medications and they've come thru for me in emergencies sometimes. May be good to have as a back up..
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Phillipe, Jan 3 12:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > Abady Granular Cat food
Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Wed May 30, '12 8:57am PST 
The directions dont say one way or the other. You could either feed it dry or wetten it a little bit. i haven't determined what consistency works best for him just yet. He ate it dry, but seemed to be a little too dry for him.

they suggested i feed him 1/8 of a cup, twice a day, along with his small half can of wet food.. So almost like a persons diet - 3 small meals a day. Phillipe is so food driven i think he'd eat me if it was down to just the two of us, lol, so he's been enjoying it.

I just want to know if anybody else has had results with it. Like i said, the pet shop owner swore by it. And it wasn't like he was trying to upsell me.. there are other foods out there that are more pricey.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, May 30 9:02 am

Food & Nutrition > Abady Granular Cat food

Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Tue May 29, '12 8:19am PST 
Hi, Has anybody tried this? Our pet store owner is a certified pet nutritionist, and since I am about 5 - 7 lbs overweight, he suggested this. It looks like brown sugar, but I eat it right up. Was curious if anybody has tried it, and if i should be getting it dry / granular, or if my mama should mix it with some water?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, May 30 9:02 am

Cat Health > Asthma

Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Mon Apr 16, '12 8:20am PST 
Thanks guys. My mom got me the inhaler and kept putting tuna in it so i am not scared of it. Because i needed the relief we couldn't really wait a few days to get acclimated, so my mom had to wrap me in a blanket, hug me and give me lots of kisses while my dad put the mask on me. I am not afraid of the device so much but get a little freaked out when i see the blanket come towards me! I just hope i get good enough at this so one of my parents can do this on their own!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Phillipe, Apr 16 8:20 am

Cat Health > free AeroKat for feline asthma to good home.

Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Fri Apr 13, '12 11:56am PST 
Hi Jeckel,
So sorry about your loss. I just sent you a message, but would love to see if your AeroKat is still avail..

Also, would love some advice on a kittie with asthma...
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jan 9 9:15 am

Cat Health > Asthma
Phillipe

Will Love You- for Food

Purred: Fri Apr 13, '12 11:54am PST 
Hi,
Last night my coughing was acting up, i was congested and it was hard for me to breathe. Kept my poor worried parents up all night. They really thought it was my heart failure, and brought me to the vet this morning. There was no fluid on my lungs and the vet said i had a really bad asthma attack. apparently allergies are bad this year and i am affected just like anybody else.

Vet suggested an Aerokat inhaler and upped my broncodialator.

Has anybody else had asthma? do the attacks come and go? my mom is just glad my lungs didn't have fluid ie. heart failure.

oh and i have to go on a diet. Rang in at 17.5 lbs today shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Phillipe, Apr 16 8:20 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.