Postings by Corbin

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > BG canned quality problems???
Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Sat Feb 25, '12 11:54am PST 
Wow! Nice customer service! I opened the last of my cans of BG as well and I haven't seen any of those lumps. I won't worry too much, now, if I do see some.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Feb 25 12:10 pm

Food & Nutrition > BG canned quality problems???
Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Wed Feb 22, '12 9:38pm PST 
It looks like sweet potato or carrot chunks. Are they hard?
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Feb 25 12:10 pm

Food & Nutrition > Getting 2 kittens to eat the same healthy food

Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Fri Feb 17, '12 12:05am PST 
Like others have said, PetCo carries a fair amount of upper end wet food at, usually, a cheaper price than the specialty boutique pet food/supply stores.

A lot of the good foods out there are all life stages, and those are awesome to feed. One thing about kitten food, though, is that it often has a better protein to carb ratio than adult food. So, really, even adults should be eating kitten food if their brand offers it.

I personally, have a new kitten who's about 12 weeks(?) now and he eats the same thing my adult cats eat (when he's not eating raw): Before Grain Chicken/Turkey/Quail, Kitten Blue Wilderness (pretty sure that's the one), Wellness Kitten, Wellness Grain Free Chicken/Turkey/Beef & Chicken. That's our standard rotation. The only thing my adults don't eat is anything with beef as it makes them regurgitate.

The one thing I would recommend doing, though, would be to add extra water to their food. Make it soupy. It's good for their kidneys, and if you have any boy kitties, the more they go, the better!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ryder & Jack, Feb 20 7:59 am

Food & Nutrition > Egg Yolk?? How Much Is Too Much?

Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '12 12:48pm PST 
She might... I have one that'll take the powder mixed into his food and the other will only do the paste.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 14 3:44 pm

Behavior & Training > My two cats flip out at feeding time, but why?

Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Sat Feb 4, '12 11:29am PST 
If there wasn't enough food for them when they were young, the panic behavior could stay with them forever. Kovu, one of our old cats who has since passed, was an indoor/outdoor cat before we adopted him from Craigslist. The guy we got him from stated that he refused to feed him anything and that it was the cat's job to feed himself. When we got him home and started feeding him, he would gorge and then regurgitate, and this would go on and on and on. It was non-stop for months. We finally had to start free feeding (we were feeding kibble at the time) at the suggestion of our vet since he was actually beginning to do damage to his esophagus. He gained weight, but eventually, once he realized the food wasn't going anywhere, he began to self regulate and lost the weight.

I now feed nothing but raw/wet, and I do the same thing with wet food. We have a cat, Kira, who panics if there's not food always available. I leave wet down for Mocha, and Kira will constantly go over to check that it's there. She may take a nibble or two, but for the most part eats just raw. If, for some reason, there's no food down, she panics when it gets there and gorges herself and then begins to regurgitate.

It may be that they just need to be reassured that the food will always be there.

With Corbin, we're allowing him to eat as much as he wants, when he wants. He's about 10 weeks old now, and at first he would everything in the bowl when it was put down, but now he eats when he wants and there's no rush. He's not fat,in fact, he completely lacks the kitten pudge people see all the time. However, he's very vocal and lets me know if his bowl is empty... even if he doesn't eat it, he wants the food there. winkeekeekeekeekeekeekeekeekeek
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Baron, Feb 28 5:15 pm

Raw Food Diet > This might be a stupid question...
Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Thu Jan 26, '12 2:01pm PST 
The goal with Corbin is to 'start him right' and I was curious about Iodine. I know that there've been links to Hyperthyroidism in cats (and humans!) to the high levels of iodine in canned/kibble cat foods and I was wondering if anyone knew about iodine levels in raw food? It's more of a curiosity thing. When I was feeding raw to Mocha, she was on a ground diet, and the recipe called for light table salt for the extra iodine. Now, if the ground is made up of raw meat, then why do I need to add iodine to that but, not to prey model?

Also, as an update on Corbin: He's doing great, I've managed to get some chicken liver into him, and he actually likes it! He'll eat red meat, but isn't a huge fan of it. We've also decided to use raw as a supplement, as he's eating so much I can't keep up with him. I've been fighting off the flu for two weeks now, and we're worried it's turning into Pneumonia so the doc has me on a loose bedrest of sorts. I talked with the vet yesterday and she feels he's going to be a huge cat. His teeth indicate that he's very much only 2 months old, but his weight is closer to a 4 month old cat (he weight just over 3.5#), and it's not fat or fur. He's just a solid kitten.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Shade, Jan 27 4:04 am

Raw Food Diet > Question on thawing gizzards

Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Tue Jan 24, '12 6:41pm PST 
All my animals here, minus one cat, are on raw. So, they are usually all eating the same thing. It makes it convenient when DH just tosses stuff in the freezer!

I do a warm/hot water bath for a couple of minutes prior to eating as Corbin and Kira don't do well with cold food. It doesn't sit well with Kira, and I think it makes Corbin's little teeth ache frown
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Allen, Jan 27 3:24 pm

Raw Food Diet > Question on thawing gizzards

Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Mon Jan 23, '12 2:30pm PST 
I thaw all of my meat for the dog and the cats (as well as us... don't care what anyone says; a turkey DOES NOT THAW in 2-3 days in the fridge!) in water. Smaller stuff goes into the bathroom sink, larger stuff in the bathtub, and I leave the water on just enough to add some movement to the water, but not so much to overflow the thawing location (literally just above a drip, but not full flow). The movement in the water helps stuff to thaw a bit faster and it also keeps you from having.

When I thaw hearts and gizzards I have usually frozen them in their original packaging so I place them styrofoam side up, plastic side down. I can usually have a whole package of the stuff thawed in about 30 minutes. I use only COLD water, as warm water encourages bacterial growth. Whole chickens, I usually do in pairs in the bathtub, and they're thawed in about an hour to an hour and half, and my turkeys every thanksgiving take about a day.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Allen, Jan 27 3:24 pm

Kitten Corner > 4 month old extremely horny kitty

Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Sun Jan 22, '12 11:48pm PST 
I know this is an old post... but most changed in behavior won't be seen until a few weeks later when their hormones finally dwindle down!

Also, each cat seems to reach maturity at their own pace. We had a female who we didn't get spayed until she was over a year and she'd had only two heat cycles by that point. *shrugs*

With Corbin, our new kitten, he was spayed by NHS as soon as he reached 2# and he's only 8 weeks old.
[notify]

» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Corbin, Jan 22 11:48 pm

Kitten Corner > I feel like a mean mom!
Corbin

Multipass?

Purred: Sun Jan 22, '12 11:39pm PST 
You're not alone! We just brought home a new kitten, and he's currently living in my sewing room with the birds and rats. We have an elderly cat who is unable to be vaccinated, so it's very important that we quarantine. It's even more important for us to keep everyone separated as the night we brought him home, our elderly cat got sick due to a medication reaction that may have ended up causing some liver/pancreas damage. I try to spend equal amounts of time with everyone, but it's hard since Mocha, our elderly cat, seems to have suffered from some sort of PTSD from her experience.

Do what's in the best interest for your animals. We very rarely have to take our time with introductions, but that's with animals.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Benjamin, Jan 23 7:48 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.