GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Kitten Corner > The Naming Of Cats
Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Sun Jun 3, '12 10:54am PST 
I got my name cause Mom thought it was pretty cosmic how I came into her life i.e. by accident...or was it? She decided to spell it with a 'K' because she and her brother have a longstanding inside joke about the letter 'K.' I came from mom's friend and already had the name 'Riley' but mom thought that was a silly name for a cat!

My brother Toro got his name for a few reasons:

1. He kicks his feet on the ground like a bull when he gets petted.
2. He's black-and-white like a cow/bull.
3. He has a mask like a Mexican wrestler!

Toro was named 'Nutterbutter' at the shelter and again, mom thought that was a ridiculous name for a cat!
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Jul 31 11:10 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Affordable clumping litter with little to no dust?
Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Mon Apr 30, '12 11:18pm PST 
So glad we read this thread! We've tried silica crystal cat litter (ultimately too dusty and expensive but controlled odor well) and we tried World's Best corn litter and it also controlled odor but after a while the urine clumps would all break apart so we have been looking for something new and we need to buy litter soon. We're looking forward to trying the Dr. Elsey's litter as it seems like it could be the best of both worlds for us! Thanks : )
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 5 9:16 am

Food & Nutrition > Budget cut!!! Affordable canned food?

Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 11:47pm PST 
We also like Soulistic and it's currently on sale at petco.com for $8.90 for 8 5.5 oz. cans which works out to $1.11 per can which is not bad! Also they offer free shipping when you spend $49 so maybe it's a chance to stock up?

We also have tried the Authority brand canned food but didn't much care for it but if your kitties will eat it it's pretty good, quality-wise and sometimes it's on sale for $.75 per can which is a fantastic deal!
[notify]

» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by , May 22 7:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > What do you feed your cats?

Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 11:27pm PST 
We get 1/4 can of wet food (Friskies pate flavors, Max Cat or Soulistic) twice a day. If Mom has the 3 oz. cans (like Fancy Feast) then we get 1/2 can instead of the 1/4 can. When we're done with that (after about ten minutes) we get approx. 1/3 cup of Taste of the Wild dry (also twice a day) which we finish by the next feeding 12 hours later.

Sounds complicated but it works for us!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Apr 23 8:21 pm

Food & Nutrition > Treats!

Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Mon Apr 2, '12 8:18pm PST 
Yay! Mom got us some Greenies today (salmon flavor) and we love them!

Thanks to everyone for the replies!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 23 2:37 pm

Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Tue Mar 27, '12 12:25pm PST 
Thanks for the replies! Mom's been considering getting us some Feline Greenies to try so next time she buys treats that's what we'll get! Our dog friends seem to like the canine versions so hopefully we will too : )
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , May 23 2:37 pm

Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Mon Mar 26, '12 8:50am PST 
Hey everyone, just wondering what kind of store-bought treats all of you get? Me and Toro get Vita Kitty chicken breast treats and also (when Mom feels like extra-indulging us) we get Whiskas Temptations chicken flavor, but we're always looking for suggestions of what's good and what's bad. I dance around the kitchen opening up the cabinets during treat time. My bro Toro is just learning about treat time and hasn't quite got the hang of it yet cause all he does is sit in the kitchen and stare at me and mom until he gets his turn!
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , May 23 2:37 pm

Behavior & Training > Being considered for walks.

Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '12 9:17am PST 
^^ Louis looks quite dapper and very content in his harness : )

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies and advice!

I think I'll go out tomorrow and get Kosmo a harness/jacket and leash and begin getting him used to the idea of wearing it. I had thought that might be the best approach - letting him wear it and using the leash inside first - so I'm glad you guys suggested it! I have a feeling that once Kosmo understands that the harness and leash lead to new and exciting things that he'll really enjoy it...I can't imagine that he wouldn't like grass and getting to see birds and squirrels in person and feeling the breeze through his fur : )

I will keep everyone posted on his progress and also post pictures!

Thanks again!
[notify]

» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Jan 18 9:17 am

Behavior & Training > Being considered for walks.

Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Mon Jan 16, '12 11:26am PST 
Hi all, Kosmo and me are fairly new to Catster and did a search on this topic but couldn't quite get the results we wanted...probably due to being unfamiliar with this site. Apologies if this has been covered already : )

I'm considering taking Kosmo out for regular strolls outside. I have no experience in helping a cat learn to do this, so any advice or tips as to where to start and what equipment I'll need would be great. Kosmo loves looking out all the windows and has already been outside in my arms a several times to get some fresh air and to see and hear new things. He seems to really enjoy it and is very calm but doesn't seem especially eager to be outside otherwise and has never tried to 'escape' my apartment. I just think he might like to explore the world a little more because he's so curious about everything else.

How do cats benefit from going on short daily walks? Are they just as happy with 'not knowing' about the outside world? I don't want to stress Kosmo out unnecessarily if he doesn't enjoy being outside.

Thoughts?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 18 9:17 am

Food & Nutrition > How much do you pay for TOTW dry?
Kosmo

Sharp Dressed- Man

Purred: Sun Jan 8, '12 7:56pm PST 
I pay $10.99 for 5 lbs. and $24.99 for 15 lbs. IMO, it's the best deal by far for grain-free dry food.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 14 4:37 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.