Postings by Pequena (Sasha's sister)

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Cat Health > Cat won't put weight on back leg
Pequena- (Sasha's- sister)

Purred: Sat Oct 25, '14 5:06pm PST 
dont want to scare you but she could be developing a tumor in her leg. My first cat had cancer in her back femur, in the exact spot where she would get vaccinated. Over a few years she started to show subtle signs at first she could no longer jump up and down on high surfaces, then I started to notice her limping when she would go up and down stairs, the tumor was eating away at her femur. By the time I really realized something was wrong it was too late. The tumor completely ate away at the entire bone and it spread to her liver and spleen.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pequena (Sasha's sister), Oct 25 5:06 pm

Cat Health > Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Purred: Sat Oct 25, '14 4:59pm PST 
Two months ago I took Pequena to the vet for a UTI. While there, the vet said she has gum disease, she has way too much plaque she really needs her teeth cleaned. He showed me and I agreed, I didnt realize they were that bad (I never had her teeth cleaned before and she is about 6 years old) so this past monday I took her to get her teeth cleaned.

During the cleaning, she went into cardio myopathy (her heart swelled and she almost went into heart failure) she almost died, but she survived. After the procedure, she went into hypothermia. The vet called me and told me she might not make it, it is touch and go. I got to the vet as soon as I could, she was awake and she was laying in a bed with a heating pad because her her low body temp. She looked like she was dead, she was so cold and her eyes were open but she wasnt moving at all. I was so scared. After I spent about 20 minutes there she started to lick her lips and move her head a bit. The vet said that was a good sign. he said he would monitor her for the next 5 hours. Also while she was there, there were two dogs back there with her who were barking loudly the whole time, I was very concerned about her ability to recoop with these dogs barking.

Anyway, doc called me 5 hours later said she seems to be coming around and is not walking yet but is moving her limbs, etc. I went and picked her up. Brought her home and put her on the couch but she immediately wanted to walk. I put her on the floor she did not have complete function of her back legs yet, she would take a few steps then fall over. I put wet food out with some chicken broth for her and she ate that right away, I was surprised.

I had my coworker do some distance reiki on her monday night and again thurs night. That seemed to help alot. By tues morning, she was walking and climbing fine and eating and using the litter, she seemed completely fine.

Last night though when I came home from work to feed her, I started noticing she was acting strange. She was afraid to go to her food bowl, she very very slowly approached it, and when she got close she would jump back as if something bit her. She did eventually eat but took her a while. After eating she continued to act skittish and as if she was seeing a mouse or something. Kept looking under and stalking the stove, and other parts of the living room she kept staring at specific spots on the floor or lower wall as if she could see something there that I couldnt. Kept being jumpy, even when I came near her she would jump back real fast.

THis morning when I got up to feed her, more of the same. This time we were upstairs and she was staring at the hallway closet, acting like she was scared to walk past it as if something was in there. The door was open there was nothing there. Again she was scared when she got downtstairs too. After several minutes though, she seemed to be ok again. today when i got home from work, i found her behind the front door, scrunched up against the wall, again you could tell she was very scared of something. I put my hand down near her nose so she would smell my hand and she leaped up so bad that it startled me. Again I fed her and again she was afraid of the food bowl. Right now she is sitting calmly but she keeps looking around liek she is paranoid or afraid of something I cant see.

The only thing I can think of is possibly PTSD from the trauma she went through on monday? Or maybe I have fleas in the carpet? Though she hasnt really been scratching at all so I doubt that it is this. Anyone have any experience with PTSD with their cat and any suggestions how I can help my cat?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Oct 27 5:02 am

Cat Health > dental care/brushing teeth

Purred: Fri Aug 29, '14 4:55am PST 
ok, thank you!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Aug 29 12:18 pm

Cat Health > dental care/brushing teeth

Purred: Thu Aug 28, '14 2:45am PST 
My cat is about 5-6 years old. I took her to the vet for a checkup and he showed me that she has really bad tartar buildup. I never paid attention to it before but yea, it is pretty bad! Is it worth it to get my cats teeth cleaned, or is that procedure a rip off? What about brushing my cats teeth? How do you train a cat to allow you to do this and if they already have a lot of tartar, is the brushing going to get rid of most of the tartar?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Aug 29 12:18 pm

Cat Health > really bad diarrhea

Purred: Sat Jun 15, '13 9:21pm PST 
I have always and only fed her and my first cat organic food. Pequena only likes Wellness canned food, though. For dry food she seems to like any brand. When she had the diarhea last month I realized that I did change her dry food and I boought her Natural Balance, which is an organic brand but one I had never bought before. So I went and got her Blue which she has eaten before with no problems, and immediately upon switching her dry food the diarhea went away (thank god!)

But the diarhea is back again since yesterday. Still feeding her the Blue dry food and the Wellness canned food, so I thought maybe the new can of food I started feeding her thurs evening maybe there is some kind of bacteria or something in it. So I started feeding her a different can this morning but she still has been having diarhea all day long. For her dinner I put some probiotics in her food and she threw it up. So now I am waiting for my husband to get home from work to decide if we should take her to the emergency vet or not frown
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Trek, Jun 18 8:13 am

Purred: Thu May 2, '13 5:41pm PST 
I just found another diarrhea thread. Looks like cats can sometimes have it for even months? I feel a little better reading it, I was so worried about her and thought I should take her to the vet pronto, but maybe I will wait a day or two and see if it clears up first
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Trek, Jun 18 8:13 am

Purred: Thu May 2, '13 5:30pm PST 
I have been having really bad bouts of diarrhea. When my mom got up this morning she found it all over my litter box, outside the box and on the wall. It looked like I already had 2 maybe 3 different bouts of it. She cleaned it up then 10 minutes later I had it again. She gave me a probiotic and went to work. She had my mom-mom come over and check on me midday. I was fine, no more spells. She got home from work at 7 and was happy to find no more spells. Then just a few minutes ago, I had it again.

She has not changed my food at all and has not fed me any milk. She doesn't know of anything unusual that I might have ingested. She is considering taking me to the emergency vet tonight she has to work two jobs tomorrow and cant take me to the regular vet then. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I have never had diarrhea before and she has never seen cat diarrhea this bad before. I am not showing any other signs of anything being wrong. I am eating normally and still drinking water
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Trek, Jun 18 8:13 am

Cat Health > Any comments on DeClawing

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 2:15pm PST 
Soft Paws are TERRIBLE!!!! I tried several times to get them on my cat. Lets just say to be able to properly get them on all her paws and keep them on there so the glue can dry I would have to tranquilize her!

Everytime I tried I was only successful at getting them on about 6 or 7 claws. And half of those ones I did get off would come off within a day or two, if not hours. And once the soft paw was so successful, that it would NOT come off! After two weeks of it being on I kept trying to get this one off (the only one still remaining on) I tried and tried for two weeks to get it off to no success. The claw grew too long and it was starting to dig into my cat's padding on her paw, so I had to take her to a groomer to get it off.

SoftPaws are awful, anyone who can successfully get them on all the claws and get them to stay on longer than a day is a miracle worker.

I gave up on that. I have double sided tape on parts of my couch, but I cant tape up my entire couch because then I couldnt use it. So my cat still scratches some parts of the couch.

My cat Pequena I have no declawed and I just live with her scratching up my stuff sometimes, and she is good about keeping her claws in when I am holding her and such so she never scratches me hardly at all.

But my cat Sasha I had to get declawed. All my efforts failed and I tried everything. And she never put her claws in, she would keep them out all the time so not only was she scratching up my couch and such but she was destroying my clothes and I had scratches all over me. I did the laser declaw which only removes the nail and the nail bed. It is much safer and more humane and she never had any behavorial problems from not having her claws, never had any problems jumping up on anything and she didnt seem to miss them at all. She still would "scratch" on my couch but that was her way of telling me that she wanted me to play with her.

I wish I didnt have to get her declawed and that some of the alternatives had worked but they didnt so I dont regret declawing her with the laser method and I gave her a very loving life.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Amber, Dec 1 12:53 pm

Behavior & Training > Licks plastic bags. why?

Purred: Mon Nov 26, '12 1:58pm PST 
my cat always licks and sits on plastic bags, and often wrestles with them as well
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Stella, Nov 28 8:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Sometimes I pee in the box, sometimes I dont

Purred: Thu Sep 13, '12 3:45pm PST 
I finally figured it out. Pequena will go outside the box if there is even a tiny bit of kitty litter outside the box. If I sweep up all the litter bits that fly out of the box two times a day she is good and doesnt pee outside though there was 1 time she still peed but it was only a little bit and it was RIGHT outside the box so I think that was just her not getting her backside far enough into the box to completely make it in the box
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pequena (Sasha's sister), Sep 13 3:45 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.