Postings by Zelda

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Poop Explosion

Zelda

*chocobo mew*

Purred: Sat Jun 25, '11 1:55pm PST 
eek

So, I started my kitten Zelda on raw food last night. She'd been eating mostly canned food with some cooked chicken. Last night I fed her a partially cooked plate of ground chicken and liver with some bone meal. This morning I fed her the same thing except the meat was mostly raw. She seemed to do fine both times. I went shopping, and picked her up some new treats called Pet Greens Treats. They seem to have really good ingredients and Zelda really liked them. About an hour later, I pick up Zelda and notice a horrible smell. She was covered in poop, the carpet was covered in poop, and her litterbox was a complete poop explosion. I was like..... D: It took over an hour to get everything cleaned up, including Zelda. I had to give her a bath because she had poop smashed into her fur. Obviously she is getting canned food and cat milk for dinner, but I don't know what caused this.....was it the raw food or the new treats? Has this ever happened to anyone else? Now I'm like, should I feed her raw anymore??? I am freaked out-I do NOT want this to happen again, because it was gross and I assume Zelda had her little tummy upset. Any advice would be great.

Thanks!!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Jun 28 12:44 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Is there a way to home-prepare food without a grinder?
Zelda

*chocobo mew*

Purred: Sat Jun 25, '11 8:49am PST 
Thanks for your help, BK! I'm going to shoot you a message right now wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Zelda, Jun 25 8:49 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Is there a way to home-prepare food without a grinder?

Zelda

*chocobo mew*

Purred: Wed Jun 22, '11 1:00pm PST 
Hi BK-

Originally I wanted to cook her meat, because I am concerned about foodbourne illness (plus I am a longtime vegetarian, and don't know anything about safe meat handling practices), but a raw diet is also a possibility. I know that there is a specific ratio of meat-bone-organ that a cat must be fed, and that bone must be fed raw, but other than that I am open to any and all suggestions on how I can prepare Zelda's food, either raw or cooked. That "Frankenprey" sounds like another viable possibility for us! Where do you get the bones and organs? Thanks for your help!

Zelda
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zelda, Jun 25 8:49 am

Zelda

*chocobo mew*

Purred: Wed Jun 22, '11 7:18am PST 
Hello!

Is there any way to prepare food from home without a grinder? I want to cook for Zelda, but I can't afford a grinder. She is currently eating wet food mixed with cat milk replacer, but she will be weened very soon, I think. Any advice? Thanks everyone.

Zelda
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Zelda, Jun 25 8:49 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.