Postings by Pumpkin

GO!

Who's Feeling Silly > Hello! I'm Harriet!

Pumpkin

Purred: Fri Sep 30, '11 10:44pm PST 
Hi Harriet, welcome to Catster, I see you've been on for a little over a week, how do you like it so far? My oldest kitty Pumpkin also loves to play with toilet paper and also does not listen to humans lol. We walked in after work one day to find Pumpkin sitting in the middle of an entire roll of shredded toilet paper, I have a picture which I just uploaded to her profile smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Harriet Evelyn, Oct 10 11:59 pm

Who's Feeling Silly > Hello, I'm new =^o^=
Pumpkin

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 6:51pm PST 
Welcome to Catster! Thanks for saving a kitty, she is a really pretty smile Sending a friend request your way!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Elmer, Sep 17 3:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Introduce female to male (both neutered) - will it ever work??

Pumpkin

Purred: Tue Sep 13, '11 10:49pm PST 
I agree it will just take time, a week isn't that long really for a new pet introduction, sounds like you are on the right tract. Have you tried putting a towel in the room with the new kitty for her to rub her scent onto and then put it out with your old kitty so he can get used to her scent that way and vice versa so she can get used to his smell.

I've always generally thought it was actually better to get a female when you already have a dominate male but I think it's more just up to the kitty. My wife and I personally had a five year old male, Spook and when I tried to take in another adult male it was WAR and Spook would literally try to kill the new male so that didn't work out and I tried for a few months! Later we adopted a female kitten, Pumpkin and that went MUCH better although Spook still wasn't thrilled lol smile
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Portia, Sep 22 3:29 pm

Behavior & Training > My cat is hissing at my other cat because she got lost outside the other day

Pumpkin

Purred: Thu Sep 8, '11 7:43pm PST 
I'm assuming Lucy is fixed so no chance of her being pregnant? That might cause some hissing. Otherwise you're probably right, it's just the smell of the unknown upsetting Hope, I think they will settle back into their previous relationship as soon as the scent fades.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pumpkin, Sep 8 7:43 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Introducing Apollo!!

Pumpkin

Purred: Sat Aug 20, '11 6:14pm PST 
I want to steal a little bit of my little brother Apollo's thunder and mention my dad updated and expanded my profile, go check me out!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Al Hirt, Aug 22 12:10 pm

Behavior & Training > Moving the water bowl
Pumpkin

Purred: Fri Aug 12, '11 6:54pm PST 
You have at least two options, get a bowl with a rubber bottom, the bowl will not move. I use one of these for my oldest kitty Pumpkin, her food is kept up high and she used to push it off onto the floor on accident. I now place her smaller bowl into a slightly larger bowl with rubber on the bottom, I had to get a dog food bowl, I couldn't find a cat food bowl with rubber lol. Your best option is to get a water fountain for your kitty, if you aren't feeding many pets they aren't even that expensive, maybe $25-$30 then there is no bowl to push around smile
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 2 8:26 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter box suggestions?

Pumpkin

Purred: Sat Jul 30, '11 11:34pm PST 
Yep, I've read some cats do not prefer covered boxes but some cats actually like the privacy it gives them. I've personally never had a problem with any of my kitties. It appears to be one of those age old debates, some experts say covered litter boxes are only good for us and not the cats, others say it doesn't make a difference. I suppose it's up to the cat smile I'm pretty sure I purchased my covered litter box at Wal-Mart but this was about six years ago!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Allie, Aug 2 5:36 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Litter box suggestions?

Pumpkin

Purred: Fri Jul 29, '11 10:02pm PST 
My kitty Pumpkin has used a run of the mill covered box ever since she was old enough to step into it. It's fairly large and has two air filters on top that you can change out with replacements. They are not too expensive and will definitely save you some time in the sweeping department. I don't know if it's an option for you but I also keep my litter box in a room downstairs with carpet, it's a lot easier to vacuum (which I also keep in that room) the little bit they still get out of the box than it is to sweep it up smile
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Allie, Aug 2 5:36 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.