GO!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Kitten Corner > Absolutely beautiful kitten!
Stinkers Finn Franscis

Singing No- Worries, About a- thing!

Purred: Tue Jun 26, '12 3:03pm PST 
Indeed, an very beautiful marked kitten. She is probably just your typical Domestic Short-hair though. The calico coloration can be found in multiple different cat breeds, but I say Domestic Short-hair for their commonness as well as the fact I do not see and breed specific traits. If you'd like a cat of that coloration. I'd suggest checking out Petfinder , and I am sure you can find loads in your area. There is even a dilute calico coloration which is the grey, white, and orange. Rather than the black, white, and orange. Very pretty as well in my opinion. Keep in mind though they typically cats of these coloration are all females. happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 9 3:37 am

Food & Nutrition > Throwing his nose up...again! (Nutro or Holistic Select)
Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 4:51am PST 
Thank you everyone for the information! I have been reading and hearing, many good things about the Holistic Select and I am finding myself leaning towards that brand. The nearest place that carries this food though is an hour drive, one way. So, the transition to a new cat food may need to wait a few weeks until I get my new debt card in the mail. That will certainly make life simpler, always have been nervous though of CC or DC, due to so much identity theft. Hubby convinced me though, that it will make our lives simpler.

Anyway, I have read many reviews on Nutro, so they still have my attention. I guess I have a few weeks to decide. The thing that concerns me are the grains that are contained in Nutro, as Brownie mentioned it seems to me that Holistic have better grains.

Thank you, Brownie as well for the other food suggestions. I will certainly take a look at the websites.

@ Shadow- To clarify things for the sake of a disagreement. Yes, I have been using Chicken Soup Dry for my cats and Taste of the Wild for me dog. The local pet store that I get my pet food from, checked every one of their bags during the recall. All of the bags they had in stock were all clear. So, no worries and I appreciate the concern greatly smile
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 22 11:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > Throwing his nose up...again! (Nutro or Holistic Select)

Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Mon Jun 11, '12 7:27am PST 
As some know before the recall I had switched both Sylvester and Stinkers over to Chicken Soup Dry Adult Formula. At first both absolutely loved it, now once again Stinky is refusing to eat it and has been getting into the outdoor cats (neighborhood strays) meow mix. Which has been causing him to throw up.

This is the SECOND grain-free cat food that Stinky has done this with, first Taste of the Wild both venison and canyon river. Now, Chicken soup. I don't know the reason why he is doing this but it is become very stressful and taking a lot of money out of the budget. Any thoughts or suggestions on this, on why he could be doing this?

As of right now, I am thinking that perhaps he just doesn't like the grain-free diet. I am thinking of two brands...either NutroMax or Holistic Select. If anyone would care to give more information about them other than what I can find on their websites, that'd be awesome and greatly appreciated! kitty

Thanks!
From and stressed cat mom.eek
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jun 22 11:49 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Pet Parents are NOT Moms

Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Wed May 16, '12 6:49am PST 
I thought that article that Dorian wroth was simply lovely. Everything, she had stated is very true. We care for each of our animals, we ponder over which food to feed, what vet to take them too, worry if the sneeze for cripes sake. An its not only cats either, that this goes along with, its every animal that is in our home.

I have a dog, 2 cats, and mouse...and we're adopting a guinea pig, which we're bring home this weekend hopefully. Although, the guinea pig is not here yet, but the animals that are currently with me..I view them as my fur-kids, yes even Stewart my mouse. They are the most important thing to me, and my fiance of-course.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Sep 2 5:54 am

Food & Nutrition > Budget cut!!! Affordable canned food?

Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Thu Apr 26, '12 1:05pm PST 
I agree! DO NOT add water to dry cat food! It indeed does create harmful bacteria that will mess with cats stomachs! Sometimes I add chicken broth over dry cat food, but that is rare occasions and it is taken away almost as immediately as I put it out.
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by , May 22 7:58 pm

Food & Nutrition > A change in food = a bad idea
Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Thu Apr 26, '12 12:59pm PST 
Hello Hunter wave

I have to agree with Wallace on this. I personally think that the cause for the loose stool, is due to the sudden food change/rotation. As well all know, cat systems are quite sensitive to drastic changes. I wouldn't give up on the new food. Personally, I would just slow down the process a bit, by mixing the two wet foods together possible. Maybe a ratio of like 1/4 new food, 3/4 old for about a week or so, then 2/4 new and 2/4 old, and so on and so forth. I wish you the best of luck, keep us posted on how Hunter is doing! wishes
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 1 9:46 am

Food & Nutrition > What do you think of these ingredients for cat food?

Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Thu Apr 26, '12 12:49pm PST 
Ugh, I am getting so very FRUSTRATED with cat foods. With Stinky being a VERY finicky either everything just keeps getting harder and harder. I have been looking intensely in the cat food Chicken Soup for Cat Lovers Soul. That too has Spinach in it, but it isn't as high up on the ingredients list, as it is in the Serengeti.

All I know is I want to get him off the Purina Beyond and Iams. Like I have stated, at this point and time I am only limited to 3 options at the pet store, unless I can talk to the owners and convince them to order food for me. For practical thinking though, I'd like to think that they will not order it, and make the best decision out of the 2 of 3 foods Stinky will eat. Stinky will absolutely not eat Taste of the Wild: Venison or Canyon River. He literally starves himself..literally. That's the reason he got stuck back on Iams.

So, the choice are Felidae and Chicken Soup. I have heard Felidae contains a lot of salt, and now Chicken Soup has spinach... eek

What to do! I am going to the pet store to pick up different food this evening, and am leaning toward Chicken Soup.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 26 12:49 pm

Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Thu Apr 26, '12 6:42am PST 
I have mentioned the cat food before on here, but the cat food is called Serengeti by Timberwolf line.

Thank you for the information everyone! It is greatly appreciated.way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 26 12:49 pm

Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 6:43am PST 
So, I am not an expert on telling how good a cat food is, but I am okay at judging. I was curious to know, what you guys thought of these ingredients, as I am looking into having this cat food specially ordered from my local pet store.

Chicken Meal, Chicken, Chicken Fat, Dried Potato Products, Salmon Meal, Natural Flavors, Salmon Oil, Dried Egg Product, Dried Kelp, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dried Carrot, Dried Celery, Dried Beets, Dried Parsley, Dried Lettuce, Dried Watercress, Dried Spinach, Dried Tomato Pomace, DL-methionine, Dried Whey Products, Daesin, Patassium Chloride, Salt, Lecithen, Taurine, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Bacillus Subtillis Fermentation Products, Dried Bifidobacterium Thermophilum Fermentation Product, Dried Bifidobacterium Longum Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Choline Chloride, Iron Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin E Supplement, Manganese Amino Acid Complex, Copper Amino Acid Complex, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Niacin, Calcium Panthothenate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Hydrochloride, Biotin, Cobalt Proteinate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Mixed Tocopherols (a natural preservative), Citric Acid, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Rosemary Extract.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 26 12:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > kittens are eating us out of house and home!
Stinkers Finn Franscis

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 6:32am PST 
As most know I have had some trouble with cat foods of recently, as my cat will not eat TOTW so now I am stuck on to finding other alternatives. Anyway, both of my cats eat wet and dry food, and they do absolutely fine.

When I had Kito, a male kitten that I had rescued. He was on the wet/dry diet as well, as going completely wet was not an option. He did absolutely fine, and grew up into a young adolescent quite nicely. One thing I can say though is try to stay away from feed "fishy" wet food often. Once in a while its fine, but if fed to frequently it can cause Urinary Tract infections and Urinary stones, particularly in male kitties.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 27 1:35 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.