Postings by Curt

GO!

Raw Food Diet > Why Feed Raw?

Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:48pm PST 
Thank you, Mo. My cats will eat raw pieces of fruit, vegetables, and nuts. If they are obligate carnivores, why would they do this? Curt loves raw pumpkin seeds and Sean can't get enough of raw apple slices. Doyle will eat whole baby carrots even!
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Dec 12 2:02 am

Behavior & Training > Inside Cats or Outside
Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:44pm PST 
My cats have been indoor cats since they were kittens. But, they always stare out the window and a few try to sneak out the door when I'm not looking. I feel like I'm keeping them trapped inside, but I'm worried about their safety. Do you think I should let my indoor cats outside or should I keep them inside? I don't want anything to happen to them. I'm afraid if I let them outside they could get lost, hit by a car, eaten by another animal, stolen, contact a deadly disease, etc. What should I do?
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mama, Dec 10 7:40 pm

Food & Nutrition > High Fiber Diets & Anal Gland Disease

Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:41pm PST 
Thank you Mo! I appreicate the very long and in depth post. I will definately take the time to read the entire thing. If raw would help Curt, I would be willing to try it.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tutu, Mar 31 7:53 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Cat Treat Recipes

Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:37pm PST 
I've been using freeze-dried chicken breast, beef, and bison as cat treats. I don't add anything to them at all. I freeze-dry all the treats myself. However, I'm looking for a bit of a change of pace for my kitties. I was thinking of using some cooked beef, basting it with vegetable oil, and then sprinkling some chicory root, sea salt, garlic, and a multi-vitamin/mineral powder on it. I was going to do the same with chicken, but maybe not use the vitamin supplement on the chicken. What do you think?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by AnnaBelle, Nov 28 7:16 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Vacuuming Cat Hair

Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:32pm PST 
I have so much cat hair around my house that it killed my last vacuum. Can somebody recommend a good vacuum that will pick up cat hair well and not die on me? With so many cats I have to have something that will survive for at least a few years. And I mean A LOT of cat hair! Is there a special vacuum made for pet hair or a really strong suction vacuum that could handle a lot of hair? The last vacuum I bought was $200 and only lasted 2 months! I can't spend that kind of money on a vacuum every two months.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Captain, Dec 11 9:06 am

Raw Food Diet > Why Feed Raw?
Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:27pm PST 
Why do people feed raw to their cats? I don't understand the logic behind it. I know it is supposed to replicate a natural diet, but cats have been domesticated for thousands of years. Nothing about them is very natural, especially all the mutated cat breeds. My cats love boiled chicken, turkey, turkey livers, and turkey hearts. I've never given anything to them raw though. They will eat raw pumpkin seeds, apple slices, and carrots sometimes, but I usually cook these. Once in a while I will pressure cook some chicken bones and make them mushy for the cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Dec 12 2:02 am

Food & Nutrition > High Fiber Diets & Anal Gland Disease

Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:11pm PST 
Curt has had problems with his anal glands since he was just a little baby. My vet recommended a prescription high fiber diet. I haven't yet decided if I should switch him over to it yet. Do you think a high fiber diet could help Curt with his anal gland problems? He has had several anal gland impactions in the short year he has been living on this earth. The vet is really pushing this high fiber diet and says that is will help or even eliminate anal gland problems.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tutu, Mar 31 7:53 am

Cat Health > Allergic & Irritant Contact Dermatitis in Cats

Curt

Blue Man Group

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 5:06pm PST 
Curt has been having an allergic reaction to a new wool blanket I recently bought. He loves to lay on it. But, he has developed a nasty rash on his belly, legs, and chin because of it. What is allergic contact dermatitis? A friend of mine suggested that this may be what is happening with Curt. What is irritant contact dermatitis? She also mentioned irritant contact dermatitis. How do these two diseases differ? I don't understand what the difference is between them.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Curt, Nov 28 5:06 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.