Postings by Smithwick

GO!

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Cat > Advice on owning a cat? First time cat owner maybe..
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '14 3:39pm PST 
Get a kitty from a shelter - you save 2 lives. The kitty you rescue & the kitty that the shelter will have room for. I would research and think it through before you bring a cat home. They are very different than dogs. If they have a scratch post, they use that- please don't declaw. Potty box, if kept clean 1-2 times per day should not smell. Cats are funny, glorious little creatures, but they like routine, and need attention and play time too. I am not trying to sound mean - but if you are getting a puppy, maybe you should wait til your pup is settled before you bring a kitty home. If you do decide that you want one, a shelter will be able to help you find a cat that maybe has experience with dogs, and whose personality will fit your needs. I am not saying that you shouldn't get a kitty - just think it through. You might find it helpful to visit a shelter a few times & play with the residents. You would get a feel for them and maybe find your new pal. good luck! cheerwave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sterling, Thu 9:53 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Is a male cat right for me?
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:27pm PST 
If you get him neutered as soon as possible, you should not have this issue. I have 3 males & 1 female, and they have no issues.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Buddha, Nov 18 4:05 pm

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Wed May 28, '14 2:19pm PST 
surgery went well - we won't find out about the biopsy until next week some time. keep the purrs up for good news!
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sun 9:15 pm

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Mon May 26, '14 8:14pm PST 
I have surgery tomorrow to remove my bump. Not sure how long the biopsy results take, but please just purr for me? wave
[notify]

» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sun 9:15 pm

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri May 16, '14 1:17pm PST 
Might I ask for a purr or two for myself? I have a tiny bump on my neck that must come off. The vet is a bit concerned due to where it is, but we are hoping it turns out as nothing. Momma is freaking out a little bit though. Thank you my friends, and purrs for those in need
PURRPURRPURRhug
[notify]

» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sun 9:15 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Hiya! Jax here!
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:59am PST 
welcomecat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Mar 28 6:59 am

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:57am PST 
purrs for all those in need
[notify]

» There has since been 47 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sun 9:15 pm

Behavior & Training > no sleep for almost 90 days

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:52am PST 
There are also calming supplements & maybe the Feliway diffuser. She seems to have so much energy, But maybe she is also afraid of being "returned" again like her last family did, and she is trying so hard (albiet too hard) to love you. I would suggest going to a good vet (not the shelter vet) to see if there is something that could take the edge off a bit. She should calm down as she gets older too. If she is about 1 year, they are kind of their snotty teen years. I also agree about trying the hissing. It has worked for me too. It does sound to me that she is just so wound up that she doens't know how to calm herself down.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Monster, Mar 30 8:11 am

Behavior & Training > Stray cat

Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:44am PST 
Probably. Does the cat look healthy & not thin? If it is clean & seems to be eating then it is probably owned by someone. Other than putting a note at this house to inquire, the only way to tell if it is microchipped is to take it to a vet or shelter. You could always call the shelter & ask what they think about the situation. Some people leave their cats go outside, so it very well could be an owned cat.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Mar 28 6:44 am

Cat Health > My Cat's story with FIP
Smithwick

Tigger is my- favorite!

Purred: Fri Mar 28, '14 6:35am PST 
I hope this works for your kitty. It is such a horrible disease.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Mar 28 6:35 am

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.