Postings by Pieces

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Cat Health > My 5 1/2 month kitten has bald spots!
Pieces

Purred: Thu Oct 17, '13 5:30am PST 
One of the kitties that we adopted from a shelter had weird hard bumpies on the back of her ears and thinning of fur/bald spot on ears and around eyes/mouth. The vet thought it was ringworm but after a few tests came back negative he said it wasn't ringworm. The vet suggested that it might be a food allergy which we tried our best to figure out what it was but decided it was easier to switch to grain free food which then helped clear up the thinning fur within a month or two.

Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pieces, Oct 17 5:30 am

Cat Health > Lily ingestion - :(
Pieces

Purred: Fri Jun 28, '13 2:33pm PST 
Not much help here but we are sending lots of kitty purrs, rubs and hoping for the best! Please keep us posted.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Jun 30 12:15 pm

Cat Health > Traumatized kitty

Pieces

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 3:43pm PST 
Thank you for your response! The kitty with the hurt leg seems to be much better now. We will keep an eye on it. He has hurt it before where we had taken him right in and they said to watch it. He is allowing us to rub/touch it and is running all around now. This morning he was limping and not really playing. Maybe resting throughout the day helped?

As for my Moose, she seems to be a bit better. We left for a few hours and let her have free reign of the upstairs. She was hiding when we left but came to greet us at the door and love us when we came back. We ended up feeding her out with the others and she still seems nervous but she isn't running away to hide the second she sees them. We will keep a close eye. I just feel awful because she had the response that she did. I will try a little cat nip. She loves the Greenies treats so maybe I'll give her a few when out with the others?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Felix, Apr 5 1:27 pm

Cat Health > Traumatized kitty

Pieces

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 12:01pm PST 
This morning my baby Elvis got his leg stuck (he is usually a bully to one of the other cats) and was limping around the house. The cat that he typically is a bully to, Dee, saw his injury as a time to go after him. This caused a kitty kerfluffle with screaming, hissing and going after one another. They were separated and I stepped in to remove Elvis as he was walking/running away. As I lifted him, Dee tried to get him in my arms. It was insane and got all the kitties riled up.

My little girl Moose, who is easily startled, bolted into the basement and hid. We couldn't find her for over an hour but we eventually did. We needed to remove her from her hiding spot due to it being unsafe (on top of fiberglass insulation which we thought was blocked off). I ended up bringing her upstairs while my husband secured the fiberglass area. She was shaking and sitting in one spot. We put he other kitties away and let her have free reign of the upstairs. She ate her meal but then went to hide in a bedroom. She continues to hide at this point and isn't coming out for treats or pets and she is typically a loving cat.

Should I call the vet to see what they suggest? Is there anything I can do to help her? I've dealt with nervous kitties before but never to this extent. Please help! How can I help my princess?

**Not sure if this belongs in the cat health section**
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Felix, Apr 5 1:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Traumatized kitty

Pieces

Purred: Sat Mar 30, '13 11:42am PST 
This morning my baby Elvis got his leg stuck (he is usually a bully to one of the other cats) and was limping around the house. The cat that he typically is a bully to, Dee, saw his injury as a time to go after him. This caused a kitty kerfluffle with screaming, hissing and going after one another. They were separated and I stepped in to remove Elvis as he was walking/running away. As I lifted him, Dee tried to get him in my arms. It was insane and got all the kitties riled up.

My little girl Moose, who is easily startled, bolted into the basement and hid. We couldn't find her for over an hour but we eventually did. We needed to remove her from her hiding spot due to it being unsafe (on top of fiberglass insulation which we thought was blocked off). I ended up bringing her upstairs while my husband secured the fiberglass area. She was shaking and sitting in one spot. We put he other kitties away and let her have free reign of the upstairs. She ate her meal but then went to hide in a bedroom. She continues to hide at this point and isn't coming out for treats or pets and she is typically a loving cat.

Should I call the vet to see what they suggest? Is there anything I can do to help her? I've dealt with nervous kitties before but never to this extent. Please help! How can I help my princess?

**Not sure if this belongs in the cat health section**
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Pieces, Mar 30 11:42 am

Behavior & Training > PLEASE HELP!
Pieces

Purred: Thu Nov 15, '12 7:15pm PST 
It took us a very long time to introduce pieces to ALL of our kitties and she really only gets along with the first one we introduced her to. It took us about two months to be able to even walk in her separate room without bribing her with food first. Poor Pieces! But once she gained our trust (and vice versa) we started letting her out of her room small sections at a time. Once we got to a place where we could set up a baby gate, then we did and blocked the top so Goo couldnt jump over. It takes time. Google introducing a new cat. Good luck.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Robespierre, Nov 24 10:39 am

Cat Health > I think I lost 1 of my 9 lives today

Pieces

Purred: Thu Nov 15, '12 6:26pm PST 
I'm sorry for your loss. :o(
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Amber, Dec 2 12:47 am

Cat Health > Getting rid of fleas

Pieces

Purred: Mon Sep 17, '12 4:18am PST 
Hello! I'm posting for my stepsister and a kitty that she has taken in. She found out that he had fleas last night. She gave him some frontline treatment but was looking to see what the best way to get rid of fleas in her house. She mentioned using borax and I've never heard of that! Is borax safe to use around animals?

Thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jack, Sep 18 10:56 am

Cat Health > Greenlee continues to urinate on furniture...

Pieces

Purred: Tue Jul 31, '12 4:18pm PST 
What did the ultrasound show today? I'm not sure if you posted about it somewhere else but all the kitties here are curious! They still have their purr makers going at full speed!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Baron, Aug 2 5:56 am

Cat Health > Greenlee continues to urinate on furniture...
Pieces

Purred: Mon Jul 30, '12 11:43am PST 
Hopefully tomorrow will be helpful and you will find out what is wrong with your girl. Purrs from all of us here!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Baron, Aug 2 5:56 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.