Postings by Cheyenne

GO!

Cats and a Clean Home > At wits end over cat pee

Cheyenne

Purred: Wed Aug 15, '12 4:01pm PST 
One of our cats has completely destroyed our home. She was a stray mama cat that I took in and spayed. I was playing on just putting her back out, but you all know how that goes. We have since moved and she made the move with us. We have lived in our current house for about a year and half. She has recently started spraying and peeing all over the place. We had to replace over a 1,000 square feet of carpet because of her and now she's peeing on the hardwood. She has sprayed on our new baseboards causing them to stain. She has peed on our couch, on our clothes, in her water dish, everywhere!

We have had extensive testing done (blood, urine, etc) and she checks out as a very healthy cat. We have tried Feliway to no avail. We have multiple litter boxes because we have one other cat as well. The litter box is kept clean.

Cheyenne is starting to come between me and my husband. He is ready to take her to an animal shelter, and I am reaching my wits end too. I would never take her to a shelter, but I'm thinking we might have to keep her in one of those outside pens. Does anyone have experience with those? Are they safe? Any other suggestions?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Aug 16 6:32 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Cat collars?
Cheyenne

Purred: Mon Feb 20, '12 9:04pm PST 
Both of our kitties are microchipped just in case. Scooter never goes outside so she wears no collar. Cheyenne is outside half the time so she wears a harness. We had trouble with the breakaway collars getting caught on things and breaking off all the time. The regular collars made me nervous. With the harness, if she were to get caught on something the pressure would be on her chest rather than her neck. She has been wearing her harness more than a year and has never snagged on anything though.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Tutu, Apr 20 7:12 am

Cat Health > Does your vet declaw cats?

Cheyenne

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '11 8:38pm PST 
I hadn't even thought about the fact that every vet I go to recommends Science Diet or some "prescription" food, yet that never deterred me. The staff are extremely friendly and the prices are great so maybe I should just keep going there smile
[notify]

» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Memphis, Nov 20 4:45 pm

Cheyenne

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '11 7:49pm PST 
Well I took Scooter in today to get a shot of steroids for her Stomatis. I was very sad to see that they had a little flyer advertising declawing while the cat is under anesthetic for spaying/neutering. The people that work there are SO wonderful with how they've treated my cats both times. I'm in such a dilemma since they so openly support declawing but provide great care for my animals. On their website they do recommend soft paws and training before owners resort to declawing. They then state the declawed cats live "normal, pain-free lives." I just don't know!!
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Memphis, Nov 20 4:45 pm

Cheyenne

Purred: Mon Nov 7, '11 12:47pm PST 
We had what we thought was an emergency with Cheyenne. Turns out she just ate something that tasted really bad! We brought her to a vet right next to our house that we had never been to before. They were very caring and thorough with her. I was thinking maybe we should try switching over to them for all our vet needs. I was just checking out their website and they have a whole section about how they declaw cats frown Do you go to your vet even if they support declawing? To be honest, I don't know if our current vet declaws, but I know they definitely don't advertise it on their website. I'm in a bit of a moral dilemma.
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Memphis, Nov 20 4:45 pm

Kitten Corner > When do I start wearing a collar?
Cheyenne

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 3:26pm PST 
Cheyenne wears a harness rather than a collar. She is 50/50 indoor/outdoor. The break-away collars kept coming off in random places so it kind of defeated the purpose of a collar. I decided on the harness so that if she was to ever snag on anything it hopefully wouldn't choke her like a regular collar might. She had no problems adjusting to the harness!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 15 6:50 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.