GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I found a SAFE home finally!
CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

I\'M HAVING- FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Purred: Mon Sep 2, '13 12:42pm PST 
applauseapplauseMade me smileapplauseapplause
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 8:18 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Ghost of your Kitty?
CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Tue Apr 16, '13 4:02pm PST 
little angellittle angel Don't know if this story counts as a "Ghost of your Kitty?" story or not but I'd like to share: My cat Steinem never messed up any of my craft work; she would even lie in my lap and let me sort embroidery thread across her body. (How weird is that for a cat?)

The two cats that rule my life now do the same; they will watch what I do - needlework or wire work or beading - very closely. Occasionally one of them will reach out and gently touch the work but don't grab and don't tangle, even if I put it down for a minute.

Have I been blessed with three craft work savvy cats in my lifetime or are the two present cats listening to a little angel cat on their shoulders? I'll never know and they aren't telling. As I said in the earlier post "It's magical". But then cats are magical, aren't they? little angellittle angel
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 4:02 pm

Behavior & Training > Will my two cats ever get along!?

CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Tue Mar 19, '13 9:14pm PST 
Feliway should help. Also there's an herbal product called Rescue Remedy that works. When I got my two darlings, I had to use both. Feliway in the air and sprayed on beds, etc. and Rescue Remedy 0n the cat's noses or paws. They lick it off and it calms them. The company also makes human stuff which I've used to cope with stress.

Now my two are almost a bonded pair. They eat out of the same plate at the same time, groom each other and snuggle if the weather's cold (they're both long haired cats and summers are hot here).

Even now, one of them will say something that the other one doesn't like and the ears go back and the hissing starts. I don't intervene unless they actually use the claws or teeth, feeling that they can settle things better than I can.

Wish I could offer more information; it's always a learning curve. And when I think I've gotten every thing figured out, things make a 90 degree turn.

Best of luck to all of you
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 2:09 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > PURRS & PRAYERS FOR THE VICTIMS AT PINETREES CATTERY - UK

CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Mon Jan 7, '13 3:32pm PST 
hughughug That's terrible. Our thoughts are with the pet parents and the cattery's owners.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 9 9:18 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Purrs and POTP for all in the path of Sandy

CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Mon Oct 29, '12 8:40am PST 
You are all in or thoughts today. Mom went through Hugo in 1989 so she knows first hand what you're facing. Mom's friends in Texas talked about the frustration of watching the storm on the Weather Channel and then looking at the beautiful night sky where they were. She feels the same way about her friends in harm's way now. We'll keep you in our prayers. Please check in when you can. little angelhuglittle angelhug
[notify]

» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by , Nov 5 8:02 pm

Behavior & Training > 4 kitties frightened very badly
CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Sun Sep 16, '12 4:07pm PST 
There is a place in the lowest part of H#(( reserved for the person or persons who did that to your kitties. confused

Felliway would help and so would Rescue Remedy for Pets. We get it from eBay since we live in a very small town and don't have a pet store less than an hour away. You might be able to find it locally. I've used both when necessary and they're good products.

Please let us know how things go.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 16 4:07 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Catster moms age group

CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Tue Mar 6, '12 2:36pm PST 
laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud Hey, looks as if our Mom is still the oldest at 68. Sometimes I wonder if she really is that old. Today, she told people that she was going to get a "hot rod" and everybody believed her. What she really got was a John Deere 54"cut, zero turn, riding lawnmower.

This is Mom: It IS a hot rod; looks like the go karts we had when I was a kid. Has a 27 HP engine and will go 8 mph on level ground. Of course, the yard isn't level. You'll notice I didn't say "lawn"; what I have is a hillside with grass on it. I've already named the mower "Johnette Dear" and am really looking forward to getting it delivered on Thursday afternoon.

Be well.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 8:29 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Catster moms age group

CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Mon Jan 9, '12 6:14am PST 
Looks like our Mom is still the oldest at 68. That's just a number; sometimes Mom acts like she's a goofy kid. Her social calendar is pretty full and getting fuller; she's renewing old friendships and starting new ones. She's taking classes at the library; reading, playing computer games, working puzzles and . . . thinking about starting an exercise program at the local Y. AND she spends a lot of time snuggling with us kitties.

Mom has some advice for the folks that sighed about their ages: Relax and enjoy life; the alternative doesn't sound too interesting. And anyway, to quote Auntie Mame "Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving!!!!!"happy dancehappy dancehappy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 8:29 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > HURRICANE CHECK IN AND HURRICANE CENTRAL

CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Sun Aug 28, '11 2:48pm PST 
Hello from South Carolina. We are far enough inland that we didn't even get any rain. I'm sorry if anyone woried; I just didn't think that I didn't have anything except South Carolina posted.

We're in the northwest corner of the state, not too far from the mountains.

Charley and Mom (Linda)
[notify]

» There has since been 39 posts. Last posting by , Sep 2 6:25 am

Behavior & Training > Kitten aggression when eating
CHARLEY- BLEAU EYES

Purred: Fri Jun 24, '11 12:10pm PST 
applauseapplause Bless you for taking her in. The kitten should grow out of the aggressive behavior; she's been hungry and doesn't want to be hungry again. Charley did this when he first came to live with me; but after he began to trust me and believe that there was plenty of food, he stopped.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 25 9:29 am

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.