Postings by FOREST

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Pet Parents are NOT Moms
FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Fri May 25, '12 10:50am PST 
Nope, I don't concider my self a Mom and have tried my hardest to stay away from that large a responsibility.

I do concider my self a caregiver and gaurdian, and a really good one at that.

I try really hard to not anthropomorphize, I do beleive that animals have emotions but I do not beleive that they should be compared to humans.

Though sometimes it is simpler to express how we feel about our animls and how we imagine they feel in human terms. To do this is normal and human.

not looking for controversy just putting in my 2 cents worth.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tambolina, Sep 2 5:54 am

Cat Health > Bladder tumor discovered and dying :-(
FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Sat Mar 3, '12 7:20am PST 
I'm sorry to hear your not well I'm sure your mommy is doing the best she can.. Vets aren't cheep and sometime we are forced to buy the cheap litteri if it means seeing a vet. Money doen't streach as far as it used to. I hope you feel well enough to enjoy a few more years with you mommy.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Angel Soc Dreamboat #56, Apr 4 1:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Advice needed...

FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Sat Mar 3, '12 7:05am PST 
Unfortunatly, it sounds like whatever advice you give will fall on deaf ears.

But, If you want to try, 1) is the outside cat neutered? if not it should be it will help the inside cat. 2) is the indoor cat neutered? if not again this could be the cause of the problem. 3) does the peeing cat have some medical issue UTI, or crystals?

The behaviour really sounds like it is an intact male issue.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by sphynx, Mar 27 3:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Calming Collors, Rescue Remedy, Other stuff???

FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Sat Mar 3, '12 6:53am PST 
YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TOFIND RESCUE REMEDY AT ANY HEALTH FOOD STORE YOU ADD A FEW DROPS TO WATER. BUT, THIS IS AN ONGOING THING AND MY DESERT DIDN`T LIKE IT. IT DOES HELP A BIT THOUGH AND IS GOOD FOR HUMANS TOO.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by FOREST, Mar 3 6:53 am

Cat Health > FACIAL SKIN LESIONS - IDEAS?

FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Thu Dec 8, '11 9:09am PST 
Hi Lucy,

Thanks for the response. But I really don't think it is ringworm for 2 reasons

1) No one else in the house has it - it is super contagious.
2) They are stricktly indoor cats and I'm VERY carefull when I come home from someone's house who has cats especially if they are out door cats. So, there is no way for them to get it unless it is brought in and I have not had any visitors in a while.

Also he just started to have a new (or i just noticed a) disturbing symptom. The hair on his face is SUPER dry and almost flaky like he's loosing all his hair but only on his face the rest of his body is still sily and smooth.

I tried to put some polysporin on the site but that just iritated it and i'm out of vitamin E oil which I normaly use for skin issues. I'm going to the vets this weekend but untill then is baby oil safe? I have some in gel form that has vitamin e & aloe.

Please help I don't want my little one to be uncomfortable until i can get him to the vet.

Thank you =)
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 9 5:12 am

Cat Health > FACIAL SKIN LESIONS - IDEAS?
FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Sat Dec 3, '11 7:40pm PST 
Hi,

I just found some Skin Lesions on Forest. One is rather large on his chin it does not seem to hurt him at all and does not seem to be itchy but it is VERY dry and it bothered him when I tried to touch it. The other is similar but much smaller and on his head above his left eyebrow. Some points to consider.

1) we have a new member of our family - Tundra he was checked by a vet before he came home and has no fleas or other parasites, he is about 4 months old and is getting a long well with both Gosmot and Forest

2) Just changed Food to Blue seal - well not totally done yet but liking it much better and - i like the price.

3) I've been super busy and not home much house is clean but not to the ususal standard

4) lesion is NOT discharging and there is NO discoloration.

5) We moved in July and am still looking for a new vet as we are an hour out side the city and Forest gets too car sick to go to our regular vet.

I have started to interview vets but there are not many that are less than a 20 min drive and have not had the chance to "test" one out yet (need vacc for the new kitty - which would have been the "test")

I'm looking for ideas of what it is potentially and if it may be contagious how to keep it from spreading to the other 2 cats untill I can get to a vet. So far the other two are not showing any signs of the same problem.

Thank you for your imput.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by BK, Dec 9 5:12 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > DESERT'S FHS - TOO MUCH

FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Fri Aug 26, '11 8:01am PST 
Hi Every one,

I know it's been a long time since I’ve been on the site.

For those who may be interested in Desert and his FHS I thought I would finally post an update.

Unfortunately I had to put him to sleep this was done back in May. It has been a hard time since and there was a move thrown in.

My poor Desert it seems was diagnosed too late for the Gabapentin to have permanent benefits. Eventually he just became too dangerous. I have a few scars from the episodes. Not that he did anything on purpose but the attacks would come suddenly at night and I would be in the direct line of fire. He also started becoming grumpy as his weight was increasing.

It was a very hard decision but the support of my Vets was wonderful as he had a condition that you could not see and was not as tangible as let's say a broken leg. I questioned my decision for a long time but I know that he is no longer suffering, and that helps a lot.

It would be wonderful if more people and vets in particular were aware of FHS and that diagnoses were faster in coming.

I would also love to see more research done as we really do not understand what is happening with our little ones when they start havening their freak out episodes.

I know that my poor Desert was suffering and I know that he no longer is.

Just thought you would be interested in the update.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Casey - Forever Loved RIP, Aug 31 11:01 pm

Cat Health > Conflicting advice from vet...

FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Wed Mar 30, '11 7:24am PST 
Well Hobert,

At first they did not like it but now it's fine. I haven't had a chance to start the "Mice" thing that my vet suggested (i don't have that many little stainless steel dishes) But I must say that Forest quickly lost the weight.

Desert is a whole other story thought because of his FHS. I am hoping to get to a dollar store this week and find something I can use to try this "MICE" thing I'll keep you posted if it works or not.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Memphis, Apr 5 9:33 pm

Behavior & Training > Vocalizing could this mean pain?

FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Wed Mar 30, '11 7:18am PST 
Chiquita first call your vet. Mine told me that I can up the dosage for aday or two and then bring it down. I have done that for the last two days and it is helping alot. Maybe your vet will say the same.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chiquitita, Mar 31 8:15 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Lets talk about cat hair
FOREST

PET ME PLEASE =)

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 12:03pm PST 
well mom is something of a clean freak but to busy to maintain the house as she likes it. We hate to be brushed and so do shed ALOT.

This is how she does it. 1) ABSOLUTELY NO CARPETS - mom hates them anyway and only keeps what she calls "disposable" rugs at the front door - our canadain winters are hard on hardwood and this helps.
2) once a week mom does a major cleaning. her focus is on the floor and dusting she does it in a VERY specific order.

Dust
vacum
Dust
sweep with "dirty broom"
mop with water and cleaning agents (all biodegradable and natural)
sweep with "clean broom"
mop with water
pass the dry "euro Mop"
pass the wet "euro Mop"

that is weekly

twice a year mom washed the ceilings and walls with the euro mop first dy then wet.

and twice a year mom takes out all the screens in the windows and uses q-tips to clean the frame and cleaning agent and water directly on the screens - otherwise during the year they just get vacumed

By doing this all of mommy's friends with alergies can come and visit with no problems - the onse with REALLY BAD allergies she invites right after she has done the walls and ceiling and screens.

As I said mommy has some cleaning issues - it's so bad no one else is allowed to do the cleaning. According to her no one can do as good a job.

We just call her a control freaklaugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Allie, Jul 17 2:39 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.