Postings by Gomez

GO!

Cat Health > Is Gomez sick???

Gomez

Purred: Sat Oct 24, '09 4:04pm PST 
My 9 year old Persian's gums are pale (so is the area around his eyes) and he's gained a lot of weight recently, he's also going blind I think. He seems to be drinking more water too. But he shows absolutely no signs of discomfort and there hasn't been any change in his behavior. He's the same affectionate and sweet boy he's always been. But I know cats can hide pain well though, so I'm worried. I'm not sure if his gums have always been that pale or not. He was just neutered less than a year ago so I just thought his weight gain was related to that. And he had cataracts removed when he was younger so he had scaring. But I think his eyes or more glazy than before. He's using the litterbox normally. He's eating fine. I'm just not sure my paranoia is worth spending $200. Do you think these are just signs of aging? When Gomez went to the vet to get neutered, they did a quick exam and a pre-anesthetic test on him and said he was a very healthy for a 9 year old cat (about 8 months ago). Any ideas??? I will definately pay the $200 (the cost of the vet visit and body-function test) though if you guys find these symptoms strange. I just need to know I'm not just being paranoid. So be honest.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 25 2:18 pm

Exotic Shorthair > ???
Gomez

Purred: Sun Jul 26, '09 9:59pm PST 
Wow, I didn't think Exotic's were so un-popular. There hasn't been a topic in this forum for a whole year?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gomez, Jul 26 9:59 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.