Postings by Tigger

GO!

Cats & Travel > Moving Cross-Country, Questions from Nervous Mommy

Tigger

Meow until- something- happens.

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 9:59pm PST 
Hi there everyone! Long time no chat! big grin My mommy is moving with her fiancee (who I love!) from Washington State to South Carolina. It's about 3,000 miles she tells me! Mommy is nervous that I will cry and refuse to eat or go to the bathroom when they stop at hotels overnight. I have a bladder issue that creates crystals in my urethra if I don't stay hydrated and go potty often, and she doesn't want to have to double-traumatize me with a big move and then a visit to a new vet. My soon-to-be-Daddy says we'll be driving his big truck and towing a trailer, so what kind of crate/restraint would be most comfortable for me in there? Mommy also would like some tips on meds to ask my vet about, and tips on how to keep me eating and drinking throughout the trip?

Thanks Catster friends!

Love, Mommy, Tigger, and Daddy. kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Apr 22 7:46 am

Behavior & Training > Being attacked by Tigger....?
Tigger

Purred: Mon May 24, '10 2:51pm PST 
Hi there, Tigger's mommy here. We have a new problem.

Last night, I was reading "Eclipse" the Twilight novel (I know I know, lame. But it's movie version is coming out soon and I wanted to refresh my memory of the story) I was having myself a drink out on the deck with him and I had been petting and loving on Tigger all night, gave him his wet food with raw bits mixed in, COOKIES even! He was happy and content on my lap until I closed the book and said "Okay, go to bed." His fur puffed up, eyes dilated, and he growled at me before scratching my entire left shoulder! Drew blood and bruised me. He has never done this before. Usually, when I say, "Okay, go to bed." He sprints up the stairs, gets comfy in the king-size bed, and waits for me to come up and turn off the light and go to sleep too. He just freaked out last night and I don't know why or how to avoid it happening again. So far I've just been ignoring him like you'd do with a naughty child who refuses to stay in a time-out chair. Any other ideas???
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maizy , May 25 5:17 pm

Raw Food Diet > For Tigger

Tigger

Purred: Wed May 19, '10 5:49pm PST 
Those PawNatural treats look like a good idea. I think I'll try that. Thanks everyone for your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 19 5:49 pm

Tigger

Purred: Tue May 18, '10 8:45pm PST 
Tonight I tried some parboiled chicken shreds (I literally took a chicken breast, chopped it into little shreds and threw it in the water) and he still wouldn't eat it. He eats the packaged chicken, beef, ect without a problem. is it the sauce/oil that comes in the packet he likes that isn't on the raw chicken?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 19 5:49 pm

Tigger

Purred: Tue May 18, '10 2:04pm PST 
Thanks guys! I will definately try that. For the most part I've been going by the "read the ingredients in the wet food packets" idea... Making sure at least one of the first five listed item is an actual meat product such as chicken, fish, beef, ect. Adding wet food to his diet has helped keep his urinary tract crystals at bay, since he's getting more water. I read that raw food has even more water in it naturally, plus protien and minerals to help his skin and coat. Is this true?

Also, on gently transitioning him from Whiskas and his dry kibble (1/4 cup once a day, since he gets wet food too) should I fully cook the beef/chicken/lamb shreds and then gradually cook it less and less? Stovetop or microwave? Salt, no salt? Should I try giving him deer meat? I'ma newbie at this and just want him to be as healthy as he can be. He's my baby, after all! LOL.

Anyway, thanks for all the help. I appreciate it. (And sorry for any typos I missed. Tigger is currently sleeping on my lap and I have to stretch to reach my keyboard! Haha.)
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 19 5:49 pm

Raw Food Diet > Tigger won\'t eat raw food!
Tigger

Purred: Mon May 17, '10 1:20am PST 
Hi all, Tigger's mommy here. I've been reading up on "the raw food diet" for cats, and decided to try it out. Tigger won't eat any of it. I've tried beef, chicken, pork, lamb... mice even! He won't touch it and cries until I hand over his Whiskas wet food. Any ideas?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 17 1:20 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.