GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Gone, but never- forgotten

Purred: Sun Dec 8, '13 12:48pm PST 
I don't know how many of your are on FACEBOOK, but I wanted to share this with our FAKE CAT family. Our dear friend, Valerie Durham, who lived in Japan for many years, and moved back to the U.S. earlier this year passed away. She fell at home Friday - in her bedroom. When her good friend Jane could not reach her she went to Val's house and found her on the bedroom floor. The medical examiner said when she fell the way she fell cut off her breathing. She would not have suffered.

Val was always funny and loved her cats so much. She had bought a Victorian house in the small town where she lived. Had adopted two cats and was having a great time fixing up and furnishing the house. And she had Thanksgiving at her friend Jane's house, and was looking forward to Christmas. Only good news is that her friend Jane will take her two cats (both girls) and give them a furrever home.

Fly free at the Rainbow Bridge Val....I know all your beloved cats there greeted you. We will miss you.

Faye and The New Orleans Kittiescrycrycry
[notify]

» There has since been -14.2 posts. Last posting by , May 18 3:43 am

Cat Health > Tough choice and need opinions
Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Mon Aug 27, '12 8:53am PST 
You are facing the most difficult decision any pet owner can - do you end your pet's life, or try to prolong it. I had to do this with a cat I owned named Creme Puff. She was 19, and was having trouble standing up, going to the litter box and had lost her appetite. It all came down to....WHAT IS HER QUALITY OF LIFE? She was obviously in pain, and I decided it was time I let her go.

A human who is in severe pain, and without any chance of getting better can make a rational decision as to cointiue treatment - our pets cannot. And therefore we must make the decision for them. After reading your post, I must say it is time to let your cat go, I KNOW how it hurts, but it is best for her. You gave her love and care, and now at the end of her life you can give her another gift.....freedom from pain. Please let us know your decision....

We send purrs, soft paw pats and prayers at this time.

The New Orleans Kitties and Meowmy Fayecheercheercheerhug
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Aug 31 2:32 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying goodbye to my 4 babies

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '12 4:35pm PST 
Please know that you are in my thoughts and daily prayers. There is only pain now, but bit by bit, it will be replaced with the good memories you have.

Sending hugs, purrs and soft paw pats.

The New Orleans Kitties and Meowmy Faye
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 15 6:05 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Getting rid of urine smell in an apartment

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Thu Jun 21, '12 8:23am PST 
Call a local carpet cleaning company, and ask what they recommend, and if they sell this product to the public. Would do that before I asked to be moved out of the apartment, as then you might have to leave the complex completely, since the landlord does not know you have a cat.

Something that REALLY helps with smells is activated charcoal- the type used in aquairum filters. Get a bag at Wal-Mart, and put it on a paper plate and put it on top of the area where the cat soiled it. Suggest putting a box on top so your cat does not try to taste it. After Hurricane Katrina this is what was recommended to people who were trying to get the smell of mold and other smells to many to list) out of their flooded homes.

Good Luck
The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jul 20 6:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bumpurr 10/18/06 - 4/13/12

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 5:54am PST 
Lisa - as all of us who lost a beloved pet can tell you, the pain of the loss does not go away, it just hurts a little less. And the fact that Bump "visited" you so soon shows he is trying to comfort you and the kittens. You were the BEST cat mom to him and the kittens. We wish we could cure EVERYTHING, but sadly, we cannot. You were always here when other CATSTERS needed answers, suggestions, advice - so we are all here for you too.

Hugs, Purrs and Soft Paw Pats from:
Faye and The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jul 1 6:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Muffin passed...
Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 1:47pm PST 
They DO visit you....I could have sworn I saw a glimpse of a white fluffy tail (just like my Maggie May) going around a door...and I know live in a different house than when I had Maggie.

It is a comfort thought, makes you still feel connected to them.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Feb 6 2:07 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Sharing Happy Memories

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Thu Dec 22, '11 7:14am PST 
Sadly, three of the four cats I lost in Hurricane Katrina were only four months old, so do not have Christmas memories of them. However Thomas and Maggie (Thomas also lost in Katrina, Maggie a few months previously to dogs), did enjoy Christmas. Never tried to climb the tree, but did like to get into any and all boxes (those brought down from the attic with decorations). This thread was a good idea, it does help to share happy memories of furbabies no longer with us.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 8 6:42 pm

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Tue Sep 13, '11 4:27am PST 
I bet she does too. When Daddy was in the hospital for the last time before he died, he kept asking me to smuggle in Maggie May, the white cat we had at the time - we also had her brother Thomas O'Malley. But Maggie was his "little girl", sitting on his lap, keeping him company. I was in Wal-Mart one day, and saw a little stuffed white kitten that made a "meow" sound when it was squeezed, and bought it and brought it to the hosptial for Daddy. He loved it, and kept it in the bed with him, and would show it to anyone who came into the room - it seemed to give him comfort, and relax him - at this time he was in the deep grip of Alzheimer's.

The New Orleans Kittiesbig hug
[notify]

» There has since been 348.8 posts. Last posting by , May 18 3:43 am

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Tue Aug 23, '11 8:08am PST 
Thanks for the note on FB....will check them out for a "kitten fix".

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 385.8 posts. Last posting by , May 18 3:43 am

Maggie and- Thomas - ILM

Purred: Fri Jul 29, '11 8:32am PST 
We are all waiting for the arrival of our first "Fake Cat" nieces and nephews. Know they will be just precious, since Pandora is beautiful and Ahab very handsome.

Had some trouble logging in last Saturday, but okay since then and we are also glad they are working on the server.

The New Orleans Kittiescat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 436.8 posts. Last posting by , May 18 3:43 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.