Postings by Guest ID 932152

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Cat Health > Is Xylitol Harmful to Cats?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 12:11am PST 
I have heard that xylitol can kill dogs, but can it kill cats. I chew a lot of sugar free gum with xylitol in it and Dora and Maximus will sometimes get it out of the trash to play with and chew on. I try very hard to hide it, but they are terrible little mischief makers and will find it no matter what. I have even put the trash can under the sink with lid and they still manage to find it. Can the xylitol in the gum hurt them? I always take it away from them as soon as I see they have gotten a piece.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Luigi, Dec 24 11:23 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > What Is the Best Way to Remove Cat Hair From Bedding?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 12:09am PST 
Cat hair....everywhere! Maximus and Dora sleep on my bed with me and their hair is allover the place. I've just put new bedding on a few days ago and don't want to wash it again. Is there anyway I can get the hair off without washing the bedding or will I just have to change the bedding once every few days? It seems like all I do is laundry thanks to these little furrballs! I don't mind it so much on my clothes or the furniture...I just don't like to sleep with it.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Louis Armstrong - ILM, Feb 26 1:49 pm

Grooming > What Are the Treatments for Alopecia in Cats?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 12:05am PST 
Dora is loosing the hair around her eyes and I'm afraid that she has developed alopecia. She is only two years old and I'm curious if there is anything I can do at home for her or if this is something that the vet needs to take care of. Or could this be a sign of something more serious? She is a fairly healthy cat, no known health problems, only 8 lbs, good weight the vet says. She just like to chew blinds. That is her only problem! hahaha
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, Dec 23 11:01 pm

Cat Health > Why Does a Cat Lose Hair Around Its Eyes?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 12:03am PST 
Dora is only two years old and is starting to loose the hair around her eyes. I've noticed a lot of negative behaviors and health problems since trying to switch the cats to a raw diet, but is this common? Can raw meat cause a cat to loose hair around her eyes? I'm very close to just stopping the raw all together as it is upsetting the cats very much. If it's not the raw, what else could cause her to loose the hair around her eyes?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by HappiCat, Jan 6 4:39 pm

Behavior & Training > How Can I Stop My Cat From Chewing the Blinds?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 12:02am PST 
Dora chews the blinds on all of the windows in the house! I have replaced them several times and I don't get why she is doing this. I've given her toys, sprayed bitter apple on the blinds, and even tried giving her raw meaty bones or whole raw mice to keep her busy. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, she is addicted to chewing on those blinds. I've thought about putting tobasco on the blinds, but I don't want to hurt her. She isn't affected at all by the bitter apple.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tiger, Dec 23 2:53 pm

Grooming > Why Are People Allergic to Cats?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 12:00am PST 
I've never been allergic to cats, but my best friend is and it kills me. She really overreactes though, at least I think she does. Whenever one of the cats gets near her she will start sneezing and rubbing her eyes and complaining and freaking out until I get the cat away from her. Are people really that allergic to cats or is this kind of a drama-type thing. She is known for her constant drama, and I'm thinking she is probably not as allergic as she lets on.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by P.C., Dec 26 4:39 pm

Food & Nutrition > Is Wet Food Healthy for Cats?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Dec 21, '09 11:57pm PST 
My vet has told me time and time again that wet food is the best thing to feed cats. I've been trying to switch my cats over to a raw diet and it is a bit rocky. My vet tells me that this is not good for them and I should feed canned Science Diet or one of his prescription brands. He says that dry food can cause thickening of the blood in cats and that raw food can cause worms or other illness. Maximus, does in fact, have worms!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Dec 22 8:32 pm

Cat Health > Why Is My Cat Throwing Up Foam?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Dec 21, '09 11:55pm PST 
I'm starting to worry about Maximus. He has just thrown up a bunch of white foam all over my bed. The mess doesn't bother me so much, but I'm worried that he is sick. He has been vomiting throughout the day off and on. I don't know if it is from him eating my houseplants or from eating raw food. Should I take him to the emergency? I'm very very worried about him right now. He was vomiting solids before, but now it is just this white foamy stuff.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by HappiCat, Jan 6 4:26 pm

Behavior & Training > Is There a Way to Keep a Male Cat From Marking Its Territory?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Dec 21, '09 11:53pm PST 
Maximus is being a pain and Dora is getting a bit upset with him. Maximus has recently started marking his territory all over the house. It has been since I've been trying to switch them from freeze-dried food to a raw diet. I don't know if he is upset about that or if he is not feeling well. Maximus was neutered when he was 6 months, as per the vet's recomendation. I think earlier would have been better and am afraid that the later neutering has caused this marking behavior.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Harry (Big H), Jan 1 12:22 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Is Amaryllis Toxic to Cats?

Other posts by this user

Purred: Mon Dec 21, '09 11:49pm PST 
I didn't know where to put this question, sorry! I have two great loves in life...cats and plants. Unfortunately, the two don't always go together. Especially Maximus. When it was just Dora I had no problem. But now that Max the troublemaker is here, I've always got to watch him. He eats my houseplants! I have and amaryllis plant sitting on the windowsill in my kitchen and Maximus enjoys snacking on it. Should I be concered?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chibi, Feb 7 12:24 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.