Postings by Guest ID 741379

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Choosing the Right Cat > Maybe... a cat?
Ella

Purred: Sun Feb 1, '09 2:43pm PST 
It's no problem Noble. I'm more familiar with dog breeds than cat breeds, too, and your description for what you want seems to match a Maltese. Sorry, but that's what came to mind when I first read your criterion. But I've heard a lot of good things about Persians. There are a lot more Persians in shelters than other cat breeds since Persian were really popular in the 90's. That might be your perfect breed, but I know that they need a lot of grooming, too. A Persian mix might be exactly what you're looking for big grin. When I was looking for my cat, I pinpointed a breed that matched most of my wants and then I looked for cats at shelters that were either mixes of that breed or had a similar purrsonalities wink
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Apr 19 5:05 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Maybe... a cat?
Ella

Purred: Sun Feb 1, '09 11:46am PST 
Yeah I read your entire post, and 4 pets seems like a lot for a single person, but if you can afford it more power to ya way to go. Where are you moving to? An apartment or home? If it's an apartment you might be limited the number of pets your allowed. Mine only allows 2 and declawing is a MUST for cats. If your really set on getting another pet, your criteria would be more easily met by a dog, but let me tell you a little about my story. I was also a "dog" person and considering getting a purebred cat, but things wouldn't work out for that, so I just went to the shelter and adopted an adult female that matched my criteria. She's friendly and cuddly and kinda dog like. So I'd suggest you go to a shelter and see what you find. Ask for help from the staff and you just might find your miracle furbaby big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Apr 19 5:05 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Which type of cat to get?

Ella

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '09 11:52am PST 
Thanks so much Philbert. I don't know what breed she is. I'll research Snowshoes to see if that's it. Im kinda curious laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 31 6:42 pm

Ella

Purred: Fri Jan 30, '09 6:12am PST 
Thanks Athena. She seems to be the very quiet yet cuddly type, so maybe she'll remain single. I mean I don't want to ruin her perfect purrsonality wink
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 31 6:42 pm

Ella

Purred: Wed Jan 28, '09 5:37pm PST 
Ok, so Ella will probably remain an only cat for now. I don't know if she's ready for any stress since she just got to a new home and stuff. I'm not really ready either. If I do anything it'll probably be in the summer, so that I have the time to help them get along and stuff.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 31 6:42 pm

Ella

Purred: Wed Jan 28, '09 6:14am PST 
I'm a member now!!! cheer little angel happy dance hamster dance
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jan 31 6:42 pm

Purred: Wed Jan 28, '09 5:59am PST 
Her names Ella, and everything seems to be working out right now. She's small and calm and sweet. If I do add another cat to our family should I get another cat the same age as Ella?
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 31 6:42 pm

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 7:33am PST 
I'm not a member, yet and I'm not sure how to become one. I don't have a good camera so I can't really take great pics, but here's some pics her foster mom took of her. She's adorable. The reason she wasn't posted on petfinder was because her foster mom had her for a few months and then was thinking about keeping her but then for some reason it didn't work out and the cat came back to the shelter the day before I came there! It's really amazing and the foster mom gave the shelter these pics and the shelter then emailed them to me.

(sorry for not having a link)

http://i42.tinypic.com/6tp9gw.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com /2m784tl.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/30hlzed.jpg

The pics are amazing and if I get a profile I'm definitely gonna keep these.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jan 31 6:42 pm

Purred: Tue Jan 27, '09 5:38am PST 
Aw, thank you guys so much! happy dance You're all so awesome and amazing!

So let me tell you guys the story of what happened:

I decided I wanted a cat at the end of September after deciding to relocate closer to my university. So I was loooking up in shelters and was really excited and then all the sudden I started getting really bogged down in work and school so I had to put my plans on pause for awhile. then when things finally started getting better the hecticness of the holiday season came, so I decided to wait until after Christmas to get my kitty (all the while checking petfinder every now and then). So then after Christmas I drove to one of my local shelters and started talking to some people and they had the perfect cat there! It was like a miracle. The cat wasn't even posted on petfinder yet! It was an older declawed female who has the silkiest coat. I was tlkaing to one of the shelter staff and they said that they think it's mixed with ragdoll because of it's silky caot and docile nature. The cat is sooooo sweet. The only difference is it's shorter hair. It's not really that short but it's shorter than a ragdoll, so I affectionately call her a shorthaired ragdoll big laugh It's almost like a new breed wink. So I'm really happy now, and the shelter was so nice. They gave me food and litter and a litter pan to start out with , so I had a few weeks before I had to buy my own!!! So now I want to know what is the best stuff. I'm definetly going to look into TidyCats though smile
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Jan 31 6:42 pm

Purred: Mon Jan 26, '09 5:10pm PST 
I'm so sorry for leaving you guys hanging! I ended up getting an adult declawed shelter cat! cheer My vet told me a lot of problems with shedding and hair balls is the food so I'm getting her good high quality food and the shedding is manageable. Do you guys have any suggestions for her diet? Like I siad I'm very new to all this and not sure what to do.
[notify]

» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by , Jan 31 6:42 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.