Postings by Guest ID 1219763

GO!

Kitten Corner > Now that I found the kittens, will the mom move them?

Purred: Thu Apr 3, '14 1:54pm PST 
The kitties are still here. When I lifted the trash can lid this morning, she bolted like lightening.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Apr 21 7:29 pm

Purred: Wed Apr 2, '14 9:35pm PST 
I thought of calling animal control to see if they would be willing to catch the mama and have her spayed, then released back in the neighborhood.

I'm pretty confident the kittens will be a coyote snack where we live, so I hope the mother doesn't move the kittens. The best scenario would be for the babies to stay with their mom a few more weeks. If I leave food for her, then maybe I can handle the babies every day and keep them familiar with me.

I have two small dogs that are nuts out there right now. Max refuses to leave the trash can. We've shut the doggie door for hours at a time to give the chance for the mama to come to her babies and will keep it shut tonight. I won't be surprised if they are gone in the morning.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Apr 21 7:29 pm

Purred: Wed Apr 2, '14 10:21am PST 
I found two feral kittens in the trash can in our back yard. Their eyes are just now beginning to open. Now that I have handled them and let my dog sniff and lick them, will the mom move them? I would like to keep them, but they are too young to take away from their mom.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Apr 21 7:29 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.