Postings by Guest ID 1143753

GO!

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Tough night!

Purred: Sun Dec 9, '12 12:28pm PST 
Thanks to all. If life doesn't think you had enough....my wife and I happy to put asleep Kelsey our Beagle yesterday....she was diabetic which we had under control....at only 9 which is young for that breed. She wouldn't eat Fri night and Sat morning could walk well and was hemorrhaging. My wife and I with 2 animals in a 4 day period is rough to say the least. Tracey our 11 year old yellow Lab is all that's left. Tracey and Kelsey were sisters and true friends...Tracey is now 100% a house dog...she deserves it and does not need to be alone without Kelsey around. Kelsey was the eyes and ears of the 2 since Gracey is old. Wow life is strange and hope it gets better soon!?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Dec 10 11:31 am

Purred: Wed Dec 5, '12 1:18pm PST 
Thank you very much for the kind words. I never thought I would get so attached? She was a great kitty!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Dec 10 11:31 am

Purred: Wed Dec 5, '12 10:59am PST 
As of last night my wife and I saw that our almost 18 yr old cat couldn't walk and meowing very loud....she tried to get up and walk but kept laying back down and breathing heavily and crying. She has been having arthritis for over a year in hear back and drank excess amount of water daily. We called emergency vet off hours and explained...I told my wife Joy it was time to ease her pain and suffering. We arrived and they took her in back. They placed a tube in her leg and we spent some time with her alone. My wife Joy held her and so did I. We said are last goodbyes and told her what a super kitty she has been and we were lucky to have had her! The injections were administered and she went peacefully. My wife and I were/are very sad but thankful we shared many great years with her. We slept very little and have to come home to an empty home. It sucks and she will be missed very much! This is for my wife Joy who taught how to love.
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Alfie - Angel DB#14, Dec 10 11:31 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.