Postings by Guest ID 1141554

GO!

Cat Health > Kitten having health issues

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '12 6:40am PST 
My 8 month old kitten ate cat litter and got a bowel obstruction. The vet did his emergency surgery and he lived through it and is continuing to get better. However, the reason we took him to the vet was because he was stumbling around everywhere and they stumbled on the obstruction. The vet said his stumbling might have been because his electrolytes are off balance. It has been 11 days since his surgery and he is still having issues walking. I am worried! He has a follow up appointment this week, but the vet doesn't specialize in cats. What else could be going on? Could a vitamin deficiency cause leg weakness or neurological issues? The reason I ask is because he continues to want to eat litter (so I switched to world's best cat litter he won't eat that) and I catch him licking the rocks on our fireplace.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Amber, Dec 1 11:07 pm

Cat Health > Kitten having health issues

Purred: Tue Nov 20, '12 6:40am PST 
My 8 month old kitten ate cat litter and got a bowel obstruction. The vet did his emergency surgery and he lived through it and is continuing to get better. However, the reason we took him to the vet was because he was stumbling around everywhere and they stumbled on the obstruction. The vet said his stumbling might have been because his electrolytes are off balance. It has been 11 days since his surgery and he is still having issues walking. I am worried! He has a follow up appointment this week, but the vet doesn't specialize in cats. What else could be going on? Could a vitamin deficiency cause leg weakness or neurological issues? The reason I ask is because he continues to want to eat litter (so I switched to world's best cat litter he won't eat that) and I catch him licking the rocks on our fireplace.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Amber, Dec 1 11:35 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.