Postings by Guest ID 1130185

GO!

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > CKD 15 yr old kitty

Purred: Tue Sep 11, '12 2:22pm PST 
Just wondering what folks with cats with CKD are feeding them. Canned, raw, ??? I try the canned foods but have trouble with him eating them....... I know they should eat lower protein and phosphorous. Not sure if even raw diet would meet that criteria..... Would love to hear form CKD kitty owners. Is this posted in right place? Dr. Peterson says she is coming out with an updated food list. I had used Tracy's before...... Need help... thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Angel Kimberly (10-11-96/5-23-, Jul 30 4:53 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > CKD 15 yr old kitty

Purred: Mon Sep 10, '12 2:58pm PST 
HELP! I have a 15 yr old male cat with early stages of CKD.He was hyperthyroid and we had his thyroid irradiated about a year ago. He also has megacolon and with vet direction I add some o/c laxative to his food daily. I have been reading Dr. Piersons info re raw/partially cooked food plus supplements.I have to admit I am overwhelmed. Can I just find a simple recipe that I don't need a grinder for and some readily available supplements to add so I can get started. He is very picky and still somewhat thin. Right now he is eating Science diet dry food that is supposed to help with kidney issues. Yes, I know dry is bad but gotta get him to eat. Also have tried numerous canned foods from expensive to inexpensive...still finnicky. Can someone help me? Please... I want to help him. Also, would prefer if another cat of same age but without the health problems can eat the same food...... Please...
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Angel Kimberly (10-11-96/5-23-, Jul 30 4:53 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.