Postings by patches's Family

GO!

Behavior & Training > peeing or marking territory?

simon bar- sinister

simon bar- sinister aka- johnny taylor

Purred: Tue May 12, '09 8:28pm PST 
thanks and i will ddive into the archives on spraying. the house here had never had any cats in it as we had it built new 3 years ago and our female smokey is the only cat that was ever in the house before simon...he did this from the get go when we got him.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Noel, May 13 9:37 am

simon bar- sinister

Purred: Tue May 12, '09 5:10pm PST 
thanks for the responses. no, smokey is still with us as is patches our young male. the behavior didnt get better or worse when patches came last summer as a kitten.
no, simon is not squating at all when he does this...so he is marking? i was under the asumption that they wouldnt do that if they were fixed, is this not true? lol, i guess not. now, how to get him to stop this nonsense. any ideas??
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Noel, May 13 9:37 am

Grooming > itchy problem

patches

Purred: Mon May 11, '09 9:16pm PST 
our siberian huskies came in and visited a couple of months ago and left some fleas behind evidently. patches ended up with some and was itching alot. we treated him and bathed him and got rid of them but he continues to itch and groom himself to the point he is ripping out his fur in spots. he loves water and baths but is maybe the water drying his skin or is there other possibilities of why he is still itching??? we have sprayed him with anti itch spray and he is still itching and scratching and grooming the hair off himself. any ideas???
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Pepsi , May 12 1:12 pm

simon bar- sinister

Purred: Mon May 11, '09 9:08pm PST 
simon bar sinister has been with us for almpst 2 years now. when we got him we had smokey our female who isnt so social. we would catch simon at times squirting on the wall and rug back by the litter box. we have tried several items to clean this mess and detour him from it but he keeps on. recently he has started soaking the rug in front of the bathroom sink and the rug in front of the toilet. we have thrown out a few rugs now. doesnt seem to matter if the litter is clean and fresh or has gone a day he continues to do this sometimes beating his tail on the wall. he does not poo on the carpet ever. he is fixed and was when we ggot him from the shelter. other than this behavior he is awesome but this is driving us crazy. what does this sound like to everyone?? any ideas???
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Noel, May 13 9:37 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > hello from oklahoma

smokey

Purred: Mon May 11, '09 8:58pm PST 
thanks everyone for the greeting. looking forward to getting to know the site and everyone on it. i am a moderator and admin on a few aquarium sites and there are some interesting concepts here on thew forum..i like it!!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by smokey, May 11 8:58 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > hello from oklahoma
patches

Purred: Sun May 10, '09 9:57pm PST 
hi allwave, just registered here cause we love our cats and have some questions about some behaviors we are seeing and are concerned about with our males. looks like a pretty cool place with alot of cat lovers.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by smokey, May 11 8:58 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.